Dartin for Divorce

-
I wish mine looked half that good
Thanks. And the only reason it has been sitting so long is because I've been accumulating parts but the ***** of it is a lot of stuff is getting outdated. And even worst is the current cost of stuff! (car parts) but man everything else is really getting out of control around here. Bought hamburger last week and it was 7.29 a pound and today my son went to buy some and they wanted $10.00 a pound. WOW. I've been around a long time and never seen anything like this. And no one is doing anything about price gouging. I hope we all get thru this ok.

Didn't do much on the car today. My throttle was slightly sticking and not going all the way up after letting off the pedal. I had to tighten the inner throttle line with the help of my wife. Its much better now! I also purchased some new throttle return springs because they were a little stretched now the pedal has a much more firm feel, idk how I like it.

Adjusting the throttle cable meant I had to also adjust the kickdown a little, ha ent gotten it perfect again but its very close.

My 2in air filter came in and I installed my metal gas line to the carb. After I moved some wires a little out of the way.

20200516_202605.jpg

20200516_202545.jpg

I used to run multiple return springs on my Dart, took a bit to get used to it and anyone else who drove it ( a very rare occurrence) hated it being so stiff, but I really preferred it, and the tech guys at the track liked the redundancy. I had a throttle stick wide open once on a different car and never wanted that to happen on my Dart

Thanks. And the only reason it has been sitting so long is because I've been accumulating parts but the ***** of it is a lot of stuff is getting outdated. And even worst is the current cost of stuff! (car parts) but man everything else is really getting out of control around here. Bought hamburger last week and it was 7.29 a pound and today my son went to buy some and they wanted $10.00 a pound. WOW. I've been around a long time and never seen anything like this. And no one is doing anything about price gouging. I hope we all get thru this ok.

Thats because they shut the meat processing plants down because of this stupid covid 19 bull ****. The disease that has less than 1% death rate and I think it is 80% of deaths are people that are 65+ with underlying heath conditions (I check the CDC a lot because I like to point out their stupidity).

I buy my meat at Sams club. Last week 15lb brisket was 45 bucks and yesterday 100. I'm pissed.

I used to run multiple return springs on my Dart, took a bit to get used to it and anyone else who drove it ( a very rare occurrence) hated it being so stiff, but I really preferred it, and the tech guys at the track liked the redundancy. I had a throttle stick wide open once on a different car and never wanted that to happen on my Dart

Its really stiff right now, I may only run 1 of them.

Hey! No stroker motors in here... I get really really jealous :poke::lol:
I had a 340 in the Belvedere in the pic behind that stroker and I loved it. But when I pulled the 340 for the 408 that 460 Ft Lbs in the belvedere and a 4 spd was to much fun. I sold the 340 to my friend to fund my projects but 340 still sits In my garage lol.

I had a 340 in the Belvedere in the pic behind that stroker and I loved it. But when I pulled the 340 for the 408 that 460 Ft Lbs in the belvedere and a 4 spd was to much fun. I sold the 340 to my friend to fund my projects but 340 still sits In my garage lol.

How did you have 460ft lbs and at what RPM were you getting it?

I'm not familiar with the Lokar setup, but on a normal setup you should always run two, even if you get different springs. If there's only one spring and it breaks, instant throttle!! Usually at the worse time.

Ok ill keep messing with them. I've tried combinations of springs my other ones didn't return the throttle all the way unfortunately. Well I'm not that familiar with it either. I wish I knew someone who was and I also wish I knew someone with a TF2 so I could feel their 1-2 shift. I have mine on "coffee spiller" mode and my 1-2 shift is weak as.... my 2-3 shift is definitely coffee spiller though.

Want to hear something funny @Johnny Dart ? My hood didn't close when I put on my air cleaner... :rofl:

I ordered a 2in air filter though, it will be here in the morning. I currently have a 2.75in air filter, so with the 2in air filter I should be sitting at essentially the same height as pre spacer world.

If that doesn't work ill use the old racer trick of lifting the back of the hood a little. If that doesn't work I have a metal cutting wheel... i heard hood scoops look cool on these old beasts... lol
You need a drop base only I have a 3/4 spacer with a 3 inch filter no issues . Your base must be flat that’s why you haven’t got room.

You need a drop base only I have a 3/4 spacer with a 3 inch filter no issues . Your base must be flat that’s why you haven’t got room.

I have 2 drop bases. One 14in and one 13in. The 13in with a 2in filter and .5in spacer fits but its a tight squeeze in there :)

20200516_231347.jpg

20200516_231330.jpg

Doc is your base sitting flat I mean your fuel line connection to carburettor not interfering as when I was running the Edelbrock I had to use a banjo fitting So fuel line was sitting lower it was L shaped where the std ones poke straight out from the carb and fuel line would interfere with the base.sorry doc just seen your pic of your line disregard this .

Doc is your base sitting flat I mean your fuel line connection to carburettor not interfering as when I was running the Edelbrock I had to use a banjo fitting So fuel line was sitting lower it was L shaped where the std ones poke straight out from the carb and fuel line would interfere with the base.

Yea they both sit flat on top of the carb. The hood closes now that I got my 2in filter. My fuel line now is the Edelbrock fuel line too.

20200516_202605.jpg

Doc is your base sitting flat I mean your fuel line connection to carburettor not interfering as when I was running the Edelbrock I had to use a banjo fitting So fuel line was sitting lower it was L shaped where the std ones poke straight out from the carb and fuel line would interfere with the base.sorry doc just seen your pic of your line disregard this .
It's the intake manifold. The "air gap" style is quite a bit taller than most others.

@69_340_GTS is correct my 7576 air gap is pretty tall.

Its all good though we made it work.

So I was scrolling through Craigslist last night and saw a GTS hood for sale... its in California but dang it looked good.

I hope your not headed in this direction with the wifey. Who knows, you may already be there.

96796356_3016534221748365_476691531055497216_n.jpg

Last edited:
I hope your not headed in this direction with the wifey. Who knows, you may already be there.

View attachment 1715530032

Haha I saw that the other day on Facebook. Cassidy (the wife) said "I figured out how to work Craigslist to sell that car." :rolleyes: pfft she knows she can't.

Really though the car is done... drives great, sounds great, looks great (besides the little imperfections), and is just great.

I'm sure I'll tinker here and there but nothing major. Like tinker with the brakes, tinker with the stereo etc.

Alert! Alert! Tinkering leads to dismantling, which leads to more tinkering, which leads to more dismantling, Which slides into full-fledged mission creep, which leads to the car in parts all over the garage again. Ask me how I know... :eek:

Halfafish Ssshhhhhh be quiet on that, his wife might be a fabo lurker. Then again if she is a fabo lurker, she might start liking some of the different A body offerings out there. Maybe a panther pink duster?

Thats because they shut the meat processing plants down because of this stupid covid 19 bull ****. The disease that has less than 1% death rate and I think it is 80% of deaths are people that are 65+ with underlying heath conditions (I check the CDC a lot because I like to point out their stupidity).

I buy my meat at Sams club. Last week 15lb brisket was 45 bucks and yesterday 100. I'm pissed.
Buy your meat from a local butcher, way better.
Going to get around a dozen T-bones and 5lbs or so of hot Italian sausage tomorrow.

-
Back