Dartin for Divorce

-
Thats because they shut the meat processing plants down because of this stupid covid 19 bull ****. The disease that has less than 1% death rate and I think it is 80% of deaths are people that are 65+ with underlying heath conditions (I check the CDC a lot because I like to point out their stupidity).

I buy my meat at Sams club. Last week 15lb brisket was 45 bucks and yesterday 100. I'm pissed.
The death rate here in Mi is at 10% right now and quite a few were over 65 (me, but not dead yet) the dumb *** state started putting covid 19 patients in nursing homes. I guess that could be a problem for people over 65 who have to live there. But I've got news for you us racers know how to beat it. We just love breathing that racing fuel. Kills bugs dead.

Halfafish Ssshhhhhh be quiet on that, his wife might be a fabo lurker. Then again if she is a fabo lurker, she might start liking some of the different A body offerings out there. Maybe a panther pink duster?
Or a fast purple dart?!

I hope it stays that way I could go down to Tn. in 2-3 weeks and I could go thru W.V. I'll take all my coolers.
Call them in advance and they will have your order ready, PM me for their phone #.

Alert! Alert! Tinkering leads to dismantling, which leads to more tinkering, which leads to more dismantling, Which slides into full-fledged mission creep, which leads to the car in parts all over the garage again. Ask me how I know... :eek:

No way... I would never do that.... I went to the store for pool chlorine... came home with this... 150 for pre bent lines vs 40 bucks if I make them myself... Let's see what these magic hands can do.

20200517_153632.jpg

Buy your meat from a local butcher, way better.
Going to get around a dozen T-bones and 5lbs or so of hot Italian sausage tomorrow.

I went to the local butcher by my house before. His prices were way more than Sam's club was. I don't know about how his prices are now and I'll probably stop by there sometime this week. I had a great butcher in Utah but don't ever get up to Utah anymore.

Really not that hard to make your own. Just make sure you have the nuts on the right way before you make the flare. Ask me how I know. :BangHead:

The only thing I'm worried about is cutting it. I could use my cutting wheel but its loud at night when everyone is sleeping.

Use a tubing cutter, will do a much better job, no noise and clean cuts. Cheap too, should be able to find one in plumbing section of any hardware store for under $20.00.

Use a tubing cutter, will do a much better job, no noise and clean cuts. Cheap too, should be able to find one in plumbing section of any hardware store for under $20.00.

Aah yes, I should of remembered to get one earlier. Maybe I'll make my way back to the store here in a bit.

make sure that flaring tool does the double flare - get ready for your next learning adventure

these make it easier but their not available at local auto stores

K Tool Professional Brake Flaring Tool Kits KTI70081

This tool makes a double flare, its just much much cheaper than that one. I used this kit before, just have to remember how I did the double flare, it wasn't hard though.

Here is the first brake line all bent up, it was an already assembled 20in line. A little long but fits pretty good on the front drivers side; from the prop valve to the brake hose.

20200517_172132.jpg

20200517_172143.jpg

She wants a red scout with plaid seats lol. I was looking at some the other day to buy and she had no objection at all... we don't have room in our garage right now though.
Me either that's went I built my pole barn and added on to it and borrowed my daughter's garage and …………………………………………………...………………………………………………….

Me either that's went I built my pole barn and added on to it and borrowed my daughter's garage and …………………………………………………...………………………………………………….
ps I've been borrowing peoples garages for the last 40 years. I think I finally ran out of them.
They see me coming and hide the donuts and lock the garage damn the kids. :rofl:
big_rofl.gif

Touche! Within a couple years I'll have a bigger garage, much bigger garage.

With making double flares, get a piece of tubing you can practice with over and over until you consistently get it right. They are not as easy to do as you might think. Also get a tubing cutter. It will cut the tube straight and not put any contaminates inside the tube.

Here's a quick video I watched for making double flares with the tool I am borrowing from the auto store, not to difficult... they don't need to be perfect right? :poke:

Also I think I may have gotten the wrong pipe cutters. Seems like most diy videos people use the little mini pipe cutter that you roll around the pipe. I purchased the bigger pipe cutter...

Screenshot_20200518-103100_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200518-103048_Lowe's.jpg

Nope. Maybe for cutting hose.. no need to make this more difficult. The correct tubing cutter is available almost everywhere.

Nope. Maybe for cutting hose.. no need to make this more difficult. The correct tubing cutter is available almost everywhere.

I didnt watch the video until after I bought the cutters lol. I'll go back to lowes and get the correct tool, its 10 bucks cheaper anyways :thumbsup:

-
Back