Dartin for Divorce

-
everything balances out. first part of the year, you were getting all kinds of work done on your car, and i wasn't getting anything finished.
now i had to go back to work yesterday just to get some rest from all the wrenching i've been doing :lol: and the weather could not be more perfect for working outside :D

p.s. the kids need more fireworks :thumbsup:

Yes they do need more fireworks but dang those things are expensive and I got some other kinds of fireworks...

20200726_115654.jpg

20200725_190945.jpg

20200728_203459.jpg

20200728_203441.jpg

Surprised someone hasn't offered up the wooden clothes pins on the fuel line yet..

think that was somewhere around pg 8 of this thread :lol:

Wait?! What am I missing? I'm going to look at page 8 now lol...

Here she sits in all her glory... dust really hasn't been sticking as bad since I washed/waxed her either :thumbsup: don't worry just the floor mats and seat backs on the vinyl.. as if anything could really mess up the vinyl/roof/body of the non-perfect car anyways...

Ooh I also renewed my insurance today, 196 bucks for the year and a 25k value, and registration is next week... 62 bucks.

20200728_203629.jpg

Doc going to start your own war ?

Well I was low and ammo is sky rocketing right now. So I got 1500rds of 5.56 and 1300rds of 9mm for me, 1k rds of 9mm for my father in law and 500 rds of 5.56 for my brother. I got everything for .30 a round which is 1/2 of what its currently selling for.

Edit- I also don't want to be the person caught without it and needing it.

You got that right. Mow buy yourself some baby wipes. Shortage in the D.

On your hot soak carb issue, seriously look at the street demon carbs with the phenolic carb body.
That carb took care of the hot start / vapor lock issues I was having on two different vehicles.

On your hot soak carb issue, seriously look at the street demon carbs with the phenolic carb body.
That carb took care of the hot start / vapor lock issues I was having on two different vehicles.

My carburetor is brand new, and new carbs aren't cheap lol.

Next time they have a gun show in your area, go and see if you can find some used military 30 round 223/556 mags. They are usually CHEAP! Make sure none of the tabs that hold the bottom on are broke off. Then go buy enough MagPul anti **** followers to rebuild all of them. You can have plenty of good as new magazines to load if the SHTF.

So true, but I have been down that path, how much is your aggravation worth, a new Demon carb is only like $335.00

Demon Carburetion Street Demon Carburetors 1901

Very true, its still super hot out every day so I'm in no rush.

I might try replace the fuel line w/ a stock line from the pump to the filter, new filter w/ return and run the return line. I mean new pumps and pick ups can both be had for less than 100 on rock auto, then I can bend the new line... its probably never been replaced or has been a very long time.

Next time they have a gun show in your area, go and see if you can find some used military 30 round 223/556 mags. They are usually CHEAP! Make sure none of the tabs that hold the bottom on are broke off. Then go buy enough MagPul anti **** followers to rebuild all of them. You can have plenty of good as new magazines to load if the SHTF.

This is a good idea, ive been seeing lots of mags for sale lately. Right now I have 4 30rd mags and 2 40rd mags.

Ps if anyone is looking for primers or bullets, to reload ammo, good luck finding them. Its pretty much double price for primers right now and bullets are scarce. Its costing about .25 a round to reload brass right now...

ooh this popped up for sale today as well... it looks very clean. 68 gts 340 auto... :thumbsup: I wonder if it is someone from FABO

Screenshot_20200731-082454_Facebook.jpg

Found this air filter local to me... says to make an offer, but dont know what they go for so don't know what to offer him or if this is even an original air filter... he also has a .40 over 340 block and j heads... I think its a 70 block and heads?

Screenshot_20200801-131532_OfferUp.jpg

Screenshot_20200801-131733_OfferUp.jpg

Screenshot_20200801-131739_OfferUp.jpg

I can't see the air filter assy. on this pic. Also more pics would be needed on the block to tell if it's fresh or used.

I can't see the air filter assy. on this pic. Also more pics would be needed on the block to tell if it's fresh or used.

I got lots of pics of the block, its bored .4 over though, which is quite a bit no? Plus I dont need another block, unless its in a year or 2... stock... that I can build (or pay someone to build :p)into a big bad *** tire eating machine... then maybe id stand a chance of finishing the 1/4 within 100ft of @70aarcuda lol

If it's .040 oversize and it's ready for reassembly, it should be O.K. But if it's .040 over and needs re-machining, the next size is .060 over, and sometimes that is too much. You'd want to get the block sonic tested to see how much more oversize it can safely take.

If it's .040 oversize and it's ready for reassembly, it should be O.K. But if it's .040 over and needs re-machining, the next size is .060 over, and sometimes that is too much. You'd want to get the block sonic tested to see how much more oversize it can safely take.

60 over just seems like it would be way to much to go over, in my eyes. We all know I'm not the smartest with these Mopars though. My ideal is probably unachievable though. I want daily driver ability with big power.... so a unicorn lol.

The 340 in my Dart is .060 over. It has run great for around 15 years. I do believe it runs a little hotter than it should, but there is no way to be sure that's why.

The 340 in my Dart is .060 over. It has run great for around 15 years. I do believe it runs a little hotter than it should, but there is no way to be sure that's why.

Oh wow, see ya learn something every day. How hot does yours run?

-
Back