Dart's New Shoes...

-

Beatnik

Reaction score
Well I got the new 255/60/15's on my hybrid SBP 15" rims and new 205/70/14's on the front. All replacing the 235/60/14's I had all around. These pics are temporary as my buddy just told me he was available to powdercoat my rims body color (EV2 Orange) for me, so the next time I post them, they will be painted body color....thought I'd post a few pics though anyway. They fit great, only issue is they just barely skim my leaf spring clamp on the inside on both sides. I have about 1/2" fender lip clearance (non rolled) so I'm going to run some 5/16" alluminum spacers for the time being until I can get my spring relo done, at which point I'll probably step up to 275/60's anyway...if the rims were 4.5" backspacing instead of 5", I'd be all set...but they are 15x8 w/ 5" b-spacing. That 1/2" would have made the difference.

What do you think?

(Yes they put the wheel weights on the outside #-obut not matter since they are coming off for p-coat anyway today)

(Yes, that's a Chivvy behind the ole Dart---it's my Mom's )

IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2283.JPG

IMG_2285.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

Nice! If it were mine, Id leave them black, I love that look with the dog dish caps.

Thanks guys - Yea I debated leaving them black...but my buddy will do it basically for free so I thought why not. It will still have the cool steelies look but a little more factory, with bigger tires. Check back next month and I'll probably have changed my mind again. Maybe I need two sets! LOL

small bolt pattern 15 x 8 with 5 inch backspacing

where did ya get them?
thxs, b

small bolt pattern 15 x 8 with 5 inch backspacing

where did ya get them?
thxs, b

Add on Moparts....guy had them made at Specialty Wheel. They combine a SBP center and marry it to a 15" outer.

I snatched 'em up when I saw the add because you dont see them come up often. When I finally go BBP I'll pass the torch and sell them to another SBP guy someday!

Turned out great Beatnik I personally vote for body color steelies, guess I am partial 8)

I agree on the body color steelies.. they make the tires really jump out. I find that the black rims can make the tires look "less black" lol

Grant

looks good but if i were you i'd get a wheel shop to put the weights on the other side of the rim so they arent showing.

Body color steelies turn me on......my dad had a 68 Coronet 440 4 dr that he ordered thru the district manager that lived around the corner.

A38 package, A/C, P/S, manually-adjusted non power big drum brakes,
radio delete,head rests, rear window defogger, bumper guards, dual exhaust with turndowns, rear sway bar and all the coolers. 3.23 Sure-Grip.
U1 Light Met. Blue with body color wheels, fat tires and the Hemi, Police and Taxi dog dish caps.
The left pipe got shortened up about 10 inches and the turn down turned a bit sideways so it sorta disappeared from sight.
After my older brother and I raced a couple of guys, we developed the reputation of having the fastest 383 single exhaust 2 bbl. in town.
It really was a 440 Coronet 440 Magnum but we did not tell anybody what it really was.
I will try to post some pictures of it soon. I just have to find the originals.
My dad got constantly kidded at the dealership about his Q-ship. For the longest time he did not know what all the fuss was about. I think it was 3 months before he opened up the secondaries. He never knew what hit him.

Turned out great Beatnik I personally vote for body color steelies, guess I am partial 8)

Thanks Swingerman - your Dart is what got me motivated on getting steelies and bigger tires on it. I loved how your rims and 245's looked...then everyone elses posts just got me going even more!

Cant wait for them to be done powdercoated and finally on for good so I can get out and drive!

I like the wheels. They will look good powdered too. My 70 had painted steel wheels and I love that look.

I like the wheels. They will look good powdered too. My 70 had painted steel wheels and I love that look.

Thanks Man, I cant wait to get them back and on! They are at my stripper right now. There's a show at Cole Chrysler here in Marshall, MI, Sat April 26th and I want to have the wheels done + my intake done and carb installed by then! Plus my new carb in...cant miss the 1st show of the season, especially a Mopar show!

OK its been awhile. Are your wheels done and mounted yet? Post some pics for us needing car ****.

I just put some 215 60's on the back of my Dart, (stock rims) what a difference, the rear no longer sways and the handling is much better. Should have done this long ago.

OK its been awhile. Are your wheels done and mounted yet? Post some pics for us needing car ****.

Got them on finally!!! I'm REALLY happy with the way they whole thing turned out. Color, tire size, fitment etc. I love it! What do you think? The fronts could be a little taller, still a little more wheelwell showing than I would like. But until I go disc brake conversion in the front and get some 15's, this is the way it'll be. Plus the front needs to settle a little still. The end product was worth the 3 combo's I went through, then changed, then changed again. It's going to stay this way for awhile now! Now I just have to get my engine buttoned up and I'm gonna put some serious miles on this season...

Eastwood Hemi Orange powdercoat is nice stuff!

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

IMG_2432.JPG

The combination of wheels and tires looks really good Beatnik. Very sharp looking car.
If you want to fill the front wheelwells with a little more tire, lower the front a little with the torsion bars.

Thanks for the comments guys!

OldVart - I actually thought about that. The car originally sat very low. Worn leafs and sagging front end. I added S/S springs and cranked the bars up. I dont want to lower the front too much and get TOO steep of a rake. I like the rear a little higher, but a ton. I was thinking about getting the Mancini spring hangers that have the extra mounting hole for 1" lower in the rear, then adjust the t-bars down accordingly. That way the rear wouldnt be so high and everythin would be about 1" lower...I think that would do it.

-
Back