Dash Cluster Voltage limiter Question

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
I just got a new one and now gauges read high instead of low. It has an extra connector coming off the top. Whats that for? Is it an additional ground?

Come on, I know there is someone who knows the answer here.

It would be handy if you would post a photo. If it looks similar to the one on the left, it's a ground

moparegs.jpg

It would be handy if you would post a photo. If it looks similar to the one on the left, it's a ground

moparegs.jpg

Actually I downloaded a photo but forgot to post it. Anyway, it does look like the one on the left. Thanks for the help. :hello2:

Dustedu2,
If it ends up working out for you or not, please keep us informed. These regulators are a major pain, and if you have found a good source for a reliable replacement, let us know about it.
Ronny

Dustedu2,
If it ends up working out for you or not, please keep us informed. These regulators are a major pain, and if you have found a good source for a reliable replacement, let us know about it.
Ronny
So far it is not working. Old one read low new one reads high.

The stock gauges are only range indicators . There are no numbers on the screens. What you consider to be low readings or high readings from this type gauges means very little.

Chk the voltage that it puts out.
should be a pulsing 5 volts.

The stock gauges are only range indicators . There are no numbers on the screens. What you consider to be low readings or high readings from this type gauges means very little.
with the old limiter the gas guage, when I fill the tank, tops out at 3/4 and when it reads empty it could still have 1/2 tank. Temp gauge reads lower than the aftermarket one. With new limiter, gas gauge goes out of sight when 3/4 full and temp gauge goes all the way to the right when it is running 191° Thats what I mean by low and high.

Sort of sounds like the panel isn't properly grounded. are you sure you have the correct temp sender ?

-
Back