Dash completed (pics)

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
Well I finally got the dash finished until I change my mind and move something here or add something there (You know how it is ) LOL After market steering wheel might be added later and a pistol grip shifter. Anyways the radio came from RedFish that I got from him yesterday THANKS REDFISH! I didn't have a 67 dash cluster or a 67 radio. The dash cluster had been changed out to a 68 sometime down the road so I thought I would install a 67 radio and see how it looks. I might build a small frame around it later but it looks pretty good as is now. The red bulb where the cigarette lighter used to (didn't have it either) is my line lock indicator.

I installed a EZ wiring fuse box and rewired the whole car. Got the idea and info from cudaspaz. THANKS CUDASPAZ! I installed the fuse box in the glove box. The Mountain Dew is there to show how much room I have in the glove box in which I built the frame out of sheet metal. That was fun! LOL The magnet on the left is there to keep the door closed when I smack the crap out of second gear. Guess what ... It dosen't work! The car hits pretty hard so I might have to install another one on the other side and paint them both black.

If you notice in the pictures that the driver side windshield column cover is missing is because I broke the dang end off! It already had a crack half way through it and as I was removing some old paint it snapped off. I just laid it down on the shelf and walked away from it because I was not a happy camper. So if anyone has one let me know. I am going to try to fix it but not sure if ol' super glue is going to work.

DSC01989.jpg

DSC01986.jpg

DSC01983.jpg

DSC01994.jpg

DSC01991.jpg

DSC01981.jpg

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! toolmanmike

holy crap that is wicked. I wish my line lock switch fit on my shifter!

Thanks fellows!

Here is a before picture and also a closer shot of the gauges themselves.

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01877.jpg

Oh you think you're bad now because you can fit mountain dew in your glove box.

Kidding, looks good, nice work.

Looking Great!!! Have a Question though... how did you like the EZ Wire Kit?? Im pretty smart with electrical stuff, and wanna rewire my charger, but I don't wanna spend all that money on repo harnesses and have looked at the EZ wire kits myself.

See ya, Jason

Looking Great!!! Have a Question though... how did you like the EZ Wire Kit?? Im pretty smart with electrical stuff, and wanna rewire my charger, but I don't wanna spend all that money on repo harnesses and have looked at the EZ wire kits myself.

See ya, Jason

This is the first kit I have ever bought or used so comparing it to another kit wouldn't be a honest answer. But I can tell you that I didn't have any major trouble with it. I did a lot of head scratching of course but that is to be expected with anything that has to do with wiring. About every foot or so the wires are marked to where they need to be connected. The kit is split up in 4 sections Front section, Dash section, Rear tail section, and Steering column section. What I did was cut the whole old wiring harness out and used it to "follow up" to the way ma Mopar had it wired. One problem I do have and it is probably the way I got something wired is I can't dim the instrument cluster. I can turn the dome light off and on but turning the headlight knob the gauges won't dim. I will have to investigate to find out.

that looks great! that is where im gonna put my fuse block. only place that fits. i started pulling all the circuits out that i didnt need. power widows. locks. etc, i do have one question. do you know what the backup/cruise fuse is for? thanks.

The EZ wiring harness is the best bang for your buck.

Anything alse is at least double the cost, this kit will work with any car and al the wires are idiot proof with labeling through the entire length of every wire.

Where did you purchase your wiring kit at? Cost? Dash looks Awesome.

that looks great! that is where im gonna put my fuse block. only place that fits. i started pulling all the circuits out that i didnt need. power widows. locks. etc, i do have one question. do you know what the backup/cruise fuse is for? thanks.

The backup fuse is for the backup lights and the cruise fuse is if you have or going to install a cruise control.

what kind of gauges are those?

AutoMeter MCX series gauges

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ATM-1103&N=700+115&autoview=sku

If you buy them right now you get a free AutoMeter Battery Maintainer. Which is regularly $69.00. I've got my maintainer hooked to the battery right now. I have the connector placed behind the rear bumper that goes to the battery that's in the trunk. When the car is parked I just hook it up without having to open the trunk.

Where did you purchase your wiring kit at? Cost? Dash looks Awesome.

http://www.ezwiring.com/wiring_harness.html

I got the 21 circuit. You can find them on ebay but they are the same price after you add shipping.

did you have to get new connectors for the column or any trouble? looking to rewire my duster with their 21 circuit.

That looks awesome!!!!!!!!! Now I have a new goal to hit when I re-do my interior next winter. Starting with ideas now....

But your dash.... THAT is one smoooooooth looking piece. I love it.

-
Back