Dash mod done!!

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
It hasn't been restored yet. However, I'm done with all the cutting, hacking, fabricating, wiring and splicing. I need to crawl up in the attic tomorrow and get the heater vent assembly.

8620004821.jpg

Wow, that's very slick! Love those guages in there, awesome! I should do that....

Looks good superdart, I'm sure your going to give some guys ideas here. I kinda like the way your cluster is completely black as well :thumblef:

pic5.JPG

Thanks guys...

For the most part I'm not concerned with the interior, but I wanted to get some decent gauges and a stereo in the car. The rest of the interior will get attention when I'm done with the driveline. I have '74 Charger buckets and a factory Dart floor shift center console to install:thumblef: .

I used VDO Vision Series gauges (Volt, Oil pressure, Temp). There is a matching tach mounted on the left side of the steering column (you can see the needles if you look REAL hard between the steering wheel spokes). My factory amp gauge is not used, and the factory temp gauge didn't work worth a crap.

I didn't really NEED the switch panel, but I wanted more of a "business" look to the interior. One is for my fuel pump and one powers my gauges (and supplies near-true battery voltage to my volt gauge). The third will be for my electric fan override (when I get the fans installed). The fourth is just there because it's always good to have room for future expansion.

cool, nice job. i want to stuff a 66 momaco dash in my 64 dart. gonna take some skill i dont have yet to pull it off, but it should look cool. heres a pic of the monaco dash. the hardest part is gonna be were the dash meets the windshield area. i have the actual monaco dash, its just a matter of cutting in up.

13_1_b.jpg

Looks nice.......I like the gauge in the dash...I wasn't brave enough to cut mine up

-
Back