David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
From those that aren't interested.........
Looks like Moparofficial has been commenting on Charles latest video, sticking his nose in, telling him what to do, like get a 4bbl manifold when Charles is doing a 2bbl project. :realcrazy: Somehow I don't think Charles needs advice on what manifold would work better.. LOL.

Looks like Moparofficial has been commenting on Charles latest video, sticking his nose in, telling him what to do, like get a 4bbl manifold when Charles is doing a 2bbl project. :realcrazy: Somehow I don't think Charles needs advice on what manifold would work better.. LOL.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
What's the count now :)

2,500 views in just 10 hours.

Growing at a rate of about 100 veiws per hour.

20230111_051713.jpg

Looks like people like watching Charles polish turds.......

Lol . .

In all fairness, they are building this project with a 318 2 bbl intake and the stock (but modified) BBD 318 2bbl carb.

Working to achieve 1 hp per cu.in.

When they achieve that (or close to it) then they plan on swapping out the Intake and Carb to a 4 bbl and then test again to see the difference.

Here is the build plan that starts at 16 min. 30 seconds (16:30 on the youtube video) after the shop tour and introduction.

Off to see the Visard!

I like the part when asked why do it?

Andy says: It is going to take a lot of time, but we are going to make horsepower with our minds instead of spending money.

☆☆☆☆☆

Lol . .

In all fairness, they are building this project with a 318 2 bbl intake and the stock (but modified) BBD 318 2bbl carb.

When they achieve that (or close to it) then they plan on swapping out the Intake and Carb to a 4 bbl and then test again to see the difference.

Here is the build plan that starts at 16 min. 30 seconds (16:30 on the youtube video) after the shop tour and introduction.

Off to see the Visard!

Andy says: It is going to take a lot of time, but we are going to make horsepower with our minds instead of spending money.

☆☆☆☆☆

Good grief. The last statement sums it ALL up.

Time IS money.

They are mentally masturbating.

The sad thing is (like I always say) guys are watching this idiocy and they will try and copy it.

A second year engine builder could make more power for less money and WAY less time.

Of course, his HP/CFM wouldn’t be acceptable to the guys who THINK they are Pro Stock level engine builders but really are nothing more than lawn mower service techs.

It’s sad really.

Last edited:
Lol . .

Off to see the Visard!

☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks George, I enjoyed that video.

Time IS money.

The sad thing is (like I always say) is guys are watching this idiocy and they will try and copy it.

A second year engine builder could make more power for less money and WAY less time.

Of course, his HP/CFM wouldn’t be acceptable to the guys who THINK they are Pro Stock level engine builders but really are nothing more than lawn mower service techs.

It’s sad really.
If anyone was doing accurate accounting of "time is money" in the performance automotive hobby world it would no longer exist.

If anyone was doing accurate accounting of "time is money" in the performance automotive hobby world it would no longer exist.

Thats true. There is a difference doing what really NEEDS to be done and doing **** that does nothing but waste time.

For example, how will anyone know what a weight reduction of connecting rods will do unless its tested? You’d need to build the engine with unmodified rods and then pull it down, put in the modified rods and test it again.

Same with grinding the counterweights.

One offseason all I needed to do was rings and bearings. While I had it apart I spent hours and hours and hours grinding and shaping the counterweights and removing all the forging lines and all that junk.

And I had to rebalance the crank.

After all that work (and wear and tear on my compressor plus the cost of consumables) I found exactly nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Squadoooosh.

At one time I knew how much weight I removed from the crank but I have forgotten it now. It was 24 years ago.

Of course, that’s only ONE test on one crank but one would think that at 8500 RPM you’d see something. Something out of the margin of error.

One would be much further ahead spending the money I wasted on all that grinding on a very efficient crank scraper.

I guess I haven't been paying attention. Is Visard building the whole engine or just modding the heads and intake?

Time IS money.

The sad thing is (like I always say) guys are watching this idiocy and they will try and copy it.

It’s sad really.

Yet, you can't look away.

Just like the Seinfeld episode where the elderly couple is at the art studio looking at the picture of Kramer interested in buying it.

"It sickens me, Yet I can't look away".

They end up buying it, after a change of heart saying: I love it, Me too!

Here is the link:

☆☆☆☆☆

Yet, you can't look away.

Just like the Seinfeld episode where the elderly couple is at the art studio looking at the picture of Kramer interested in buying it.

"It sickens me, Yet I can't look away".

They end up buying it, after a change of heart saying: I love it, Me too!

Here is the link:

☆☆☆☆☆

Yeah, I’m watching it so when guys like you let hump this idiocy I’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.

Yeah, I’m watching it so when guys like you let hump this idiocy I’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.

Sometimes when you are climbing your mountain, get tired and have exhausted all your efforts, it's time to step aside and let others with more momentum to go by and keep climbing to the top.

These guys are doing this because they want to, in the name of old school hot rodding.

The folks watching are enjoying the ride. Learning things they can use themselves and share with other like minded people.

As someone asked Charles:
This is pretty hard . .

Charles reply:
This is nothing after being married for 20 years and raising 2 girls, "This is Cake".

Charles is the guy making it to the top of the mountain.

☆☆☆☆☆

Why fart around with a 2bbl? Why not top it with a Streetmaster intake and 4bbl?
This whole episode reminds me of a high school auto class, really no use for the adults in the room. lol

I guess I haven't been paying attention. Is Visard building the whole engine or just modding the heads and intake?

Andy Wood of Unity Motorsports along with David Vizard here at David's well equipped shop are building the 1972 318 short block.

Screenshot_20230111-103343_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230111-103231_Gallery.jpg

Along with tweaking the oiling system and other peformace mods that are within the scope of this plan.

Andy is all in on this one, will be fun and interesting to watch his progress.

Anyone notice what’s missing from the manifold flow test, that’s not missing from the head only flow test?

Why fart around with a 2bbl? Why not top it with a Streetmaster intake and 4bbl?
This whole episode reminds me of a high school auto class, really no use for the adults in the room. lol

Check out post #1005, it explains it there, and in the video too.

The 4 bbl and intake will come after the goals of the 2 bbl have been accomplished.

As a final test to see the difference between the 2 bbl & 4 bbl setups.

Blue Spray

Nope.

It’s something I do when I’m flow testing an intake manifold........ but most times I don’t see anyone doing it.
I have tested it both ways, and it doesn’t always make a difference, but my guess is on an intake that’s knocking the flow of the head down 80-90cfm, it would probably help.

Nope.

It’s something I do when I’m flow testing an intake manifold........ but most times I don’t see anyone doing it.
I have tested it both ways, and it doesn’t always make a difference, but my guess is on an intake that’s knocking the flow of the head down 80-90cfm, it would probably help.
Did he not use a radius, shucks.

Fakerlife and hipsterectum just said a few posts back that no one is as smart as they are. Well gee, we need these guys to show us something, tech threads with pics OF THEIR OWN WORK and dont forget time slips, trophies and any past or present records held OF THEIR OWN.

The most smart *** know it all two people on this entire site have never posted anything Tech Worthy.

Imagine that.

You're a complete bozo.
I take it you think the comment section only for people like you to kiss *** and use both hands. You are the weird ones.

What's sad is all of these 318 Guru Geniuses who don't have any worthwhile information for Charlie. No help from any of you. Perhaps because you think any well known who does what you like or are into is a God?...the choosen one.. he pulled the 240 cfm sword..lmao. He must know everything already right.....you being so desparate to learn/steal anything you can..you sit silent in the masturbation position..waiting...lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back