David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hysteric

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

He managed to get over 220 cfm with a stock valve.....

Last edited:
Thank you for that.
I seen the first one but didn't see the other. :thumbsup:

Take the 220 cfm & multiple by 2 for the layman’s approximate HP potential would be of course 440 hp. Now the trick is to get the intake and carb up to meet the goal.

They could have used a 360 head with a 1.88 valve and not spent all that time turd buffing.

Its crazy to tell everyone you are on a budget and you want to make power and then use heads like that and then port them.

Thats cRaZy

I see He (Charlie Servedio??) killed the swirl, then got some back, not bad numbers. Want to see a 1.88" in there tho'.

They could have used a 360 head with a 1.88 valve and not spent all that time turd buffing.

Its crazy to tell everyone you are on a budget and you want to make power and then use heads like that and then port them.

Thats cRaZy
None of them claimed it was going to be cheap. Only stock type modified parts.

None of them claimed it was going to be cheap. Only stock type modified parts.

Ok. So why start with a head that has small valves and ports?

They could have used a 360 head, spent the money for a GOOD valve job and then spent an hour fluffing and buffing the head and then send it.

Charlie has how many tests on those heads? I guarantee you Charlie isn’t charging them for the work. Or at least not the full bore rate.

I don’t get the waste of time and money to try and prove you can buff a turd.

This whole thing was Tony Defeo's idea to get YT clicks for all those involved. Nothing more, nothing less...anything learned as far as engine building will be nonsensical and uneconomical for the amount of horsepower gained and thats if they even get that engine actually bolted up to a dyno...

Uncle tony finally realised HE couldn't build a 318 that would even stay together at stock power levels, and in a rare genius moment, he managed to get at least 3 OTHER people to do the actual work and provide parts, as he sits back and makes money off the neanderthal types that watch his dumbass channel.

Yep, I figure those 302 heads will end up on the engine also. this build will stray way off the original claim made by Tony in video 1 of MI 318. And its mainly because Tony ran his mouth without knowing what he's talking about. If 318s could be affordably made to run at 300 HP, it would have been figured out way back in the 80s..the guys dicking around today are just wasting time., grinding up good 318 heads that maybe someone will need in the future...they say your average home porter screws the heads up to a point where they are inefficient and they don't even know it...:)

Uncle tony finally realised HE couldn't build a 318 that would even stay together at stock power levels, and in a rare genius moment, he managed to get at least 3 OTHER people to do the actual work and provide parts, as he sits back and makes money off the neanderthal types that watch his dumbass channel.
Yup, there seems to be way too many neanderthals and they always want to argue especially on the internet :)

Yep, I figure those 302 heads will end up on the engine also. this build will stray way off the original claim made by Tony in video 1 of MI 318. And its mainly because Tony ran his mouth without knowing what he's talking about. If 318s could be affordably made to run at 300 HP, it would have been figured out way back in the 80s..the guys dicking around today are just wasting time., grinding up good 318 heads that maybe someone will need in the future...they say your average home porter screws the heads up to a point where they are inefficient and they don't even know it...:)

I did it in 1980.

360 heads with a nice valve job. Never touched with a grinder.

DC 284/.484 cam in straight up.

Strip Dominator. Unported.

650 double pumper carb.

Hooker 5204 headers.

That right there is well over 300 HP and I double damn guarantee that that engine is easier and cheaper to build than what MI 318 is.

I am certain, I can leave RIGHT now and go down to my local junkyard, pick up a running 5.9 magnum for 300 bucks, slap a Chinese intake on it with a used old 750 DP, and make more power than this stupid experiment. Probably less than 800 total investment

click bait, even says they're super lucky and get a million views combined, which I doubt they will get half that you make about an average $5-7 per thousands views so $5000-7000 for 1 million split 3 ways at best, oh my god stop this evilness lol, it's easier for Tony to make that money from his usual ramblings without doing anything.

Weird how obsessed some are about a build that they continuingly tell us is uninteresting and not worth their or anyone's time.

Last edited:
Is the info we learned so far worth it? Like a the 2 bbl flows 250 cfm, I put it under not overly but doesn't hurt to know, and there's a 302 head fan club on here, I'm not one but I'm sure the porting info was a help to some that they could carve a 400 + hp head out a stock valved 273/318 head, especially good for someone building a 273 and have to keep the small valves and have very little head choices. To me there's already positives for some.

Nothing like a 302 head thread to bring out all the haters. Let me assure you those heads are still tiny but they manage to flow a lot for their size or lack there of.

Take this as a learning experience nothing else, stop with the 'should have used'
They should have used an LS.........why bother with a Chrysler engine at all. **** even a Tesla would be quicker.....

Nothing like a 302 head thread to bring out all the haters. Let me assure you those heads are still tiny but they manage to flow a lot for their size or lack there of.
It's not that 302 heads suck it's that there's better choices for most builds and most aren't gonna port their heads.

It's not that 302 heads suck it's that there's better choices for most builds and most aren't gonna port their heads.

EXACTLY. If someone comes to me and says they want to build a 318 and port some 302 heads I will tell them to get their head screwed on straight and use a set of 360 head and leave the grinder alone.

Unless you are Running Super Stock or Stock eliminator you leave those castings alone.

Unless you like wasting your time behind a grinder to end up with less than if you started with a better casting.

It’s just stupid using those heads.

EXACTLY. If someone comes to me and says they want to build a 318 and port some 302 heads I will tell them to get their head screwed on straight and use a set of 360 head and leave the grinder alone.

Unless you are Running Super Stock or Stock eliminator you leave those castings alone.

Unless you like wasting your time behind a grinder to end up with less than if you started with a better casting.

I am just curious on YOUR thought on this. On a 318, do you like a fresh stock 360 head or the unported Speedmaster head.

Only build I could kind of see them on is a 273 but even then probably still worth going 360 like 66fs does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back