David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I get hero of the year status if I post the details of a oval track build I did a decade ago? That made over 1 HP per cube, 421 horsepower if I remember correctly, with iron heads, a 1.92 intake valve, a two barrel holley and.....get THIS...a .420 lift hydraulic flat tappet?

Do I get hero of the year status if I post the details of a oval track build I did a decade ago? That made over 1 HP per cube, 421 horsepower if I remember correctly, with iron heads, a 1.92 intake valve, a two barrel holley and.....get THIS...a .420 lift hydraulic flat tappet?

Nope, no credit for you.

You didn’t do it with a chisel, hack saw and bubble gum in a dirt floor shop with no running water while gunning sticks non stop.

So yeah, no credit for you. You didn’t do it “poor” enough.

I am certain, I can leave RIGHT now and go down to my local junkyard, pick up a running 5.9 magnum for 300 bucks, slap a Chinese intake on it with a used old 750 DP, and make more power than this stupid experiment. Probably less than 800 total investment
A running Magnum is the best bang for the buck.

I'm so tired of the 318 bashing that happens around here.

Who is “bashing” 318’s?

For those of us who do this stuff for a living it’s a big deal when someone is spending stupid money.

Its not stupid money for the 318. It’s stupid money to spend one red cent on those heads.

Its stupid money to spend one red cent on factory connecting rods with 3/8 bolts and nuts when you could go out and buy a set of 4340 H beam rods with 7/16 cap screws. And have LESS money spent when you are done. And have a FAR better connecting rod.

It’s stupid money using a 2 barrel. You can be frugal and find a decent manifold right here on FABO or at the many swap meets all over the country.

That’s what some of us are bitching about.

A 318 HP 318 is really basic. It’s not complicated.

I liked his vids at first but now agree with you . They seem to get dumber with every episode !
Mindless rambling and venting .
And his Sunday night live show is just him and his wife laughing hysterically and his dog's freaking out in the background .

And his Sunday night live show is just him and his wife laughing hysterically and his dog's freaking out in the background .
Never even considered watching any of the “live” shows. They are bad enough when edited….why would I subject myself to an impromptu one?

He managed to get over 220 cfm with a stock valve.....

Who gives a ****. THE DV, ports a set of heads, and gets some results. Whoop de doo.

Why don't you replicate this? Or better yet, send him your 302s, and spend less than a decent set of aftermarket heads? Good luck.

What a retarded exercise.

Is the info we learned so far worth it? Like a the 2 bbl flows 250 cfm, I put it under not overly but doesn't hurt to know, and there's a 302 head fan club on here, I'm not one but I'm sure the porting info was a help to some that they could carve a 400 + hp head out a stock valved 273/318 head, especially good for someone building a 273 and have to keep the small valves and have very little head choices. To me there's already positives for some.
Wrong.

Average Joe ain't getting his die grinder out and replicating David Vizards results.

Therefore it's totally worthless.

Who gives a ****. THE DV, ports a set of heads, and gets some results. Whoop de doo.

Why don't you replicate this? Or better yet, send him your 302s, and spend less than a decent set of aftermarket heads? Good luck.

What a retarded exercise.

Triggered much? Something about porting 318 heads that gets all these people all hot and bothered.

Some of you guys better calm down before you have aneurisms

Triggered much? Something about porting 318 heads that gets all these people all hot and bothered.

Some of you guys better calm down before you have aneurisms

Its nothing to do with “triggered”. It’s common sense. You don’t get that.

I do like the idea of you sending your BEST heads to DV and testing them. He should make 600 HP with those bad mothers.

And then someone can do a nice valve job on some 360 heads and pick up 30 HP on your best dong beaters.

Its nothing to do with “triggered”. It’s common sense. You don’t get that.
Anyone with half a brain wouldn't care what DV does with his Money and Time.

Yet here we are 3 pages later and all the angry DV and anything 318 related haters are up in arms because he's not doing what they think he should.

Maybe you can get a posse together and cut him off at the pass.......then you can Lynch him for porting 302 heads.

:rofl:

Its an exercise. I think its a great project even if Tony is involved . The porting vids help me visualize what goes into a port job . And he says outright there are better/quicker ways to accomplish more HP. If we were all about quicker/cheaper ways to go fast we would all be running Turbo LS engines.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't care what DV does with his Money and Time.

Yet here we are 3 pages later and all the angry DV and anything 318 related haters are up in arms because he's not doing what they think he should.

Maybe you can get a posse together and cut him off at the pass.......then you can Lynch him for porting 302 heads.

:rofl:

I have to deal with people who fall for garbage like this.

Its that simple. I know you prefer garbage and mental masturbation over Performance but that’s YOUR issue.

Even when I had the strictest of budgets I still built the most cubes possible. I full ported 318 heads (because I had them and they were rebuilt), and stuck them on top of a 360 and it was ran very respectable. BUT it would have made 50 more hp with the same work to a set of 360 heads. Bad money spent is bad money spent period and for me time is money. I would be happy to build a 318 but it would at least get a set of speed masters even if it was going in a truck and it would flat out out pull/perform any set of 318 heads that could be built for same money- with a ton less time involved.

I have to deal with people who fall for garbage like this.

Its that simple. I know you prefer garbage and mental masturbation over Performance but that’s YOUR issue.
Sorry but David's a somebody and you're a nobody that inhabits a little forum pretending to be the "Authoritative" voice on the hobby.

What's it like to see other people live their lives the way they want? David doesn't give a **** what you or anyone on this forum thinks thank god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back