David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just curious on YOUR thought on this. On a 318, do you like a fresh stock 360 head or the unported Speedmaster head.

Unported SpeedMaster head. No matter what, if you START with a better casting you end up with a better head. Unless some butcher with a grinder gets in there and has his way. Then it won’t matter what you start with.

Only build I could kind of see them on is a 273 but even then probably still worth going 360 like 66fs does.
I saw them on 370 cubes........No problems going over 6000 RPM. As a matter of fact they had no problem going 6000 RPM when they had a 1.84 valve in them either.

Guess you can't really say unless you've tried it..........

Unported SpeedMaster head. No matter what, if you START with a better casting you end up with a better head. Unless some butcher with a grinder gets in there and has his way. Then it won’t matter what you start with.
That was my thought as well.

Go ahead and calculate how much it will cost to even find someone competent to port and prep those 302 heads, and come back with the cost. Jesus this stuff ain't rocket appliances!

I saw them on 370 cubes........No problems going over 6000 RPM. As a matter of fact they had no problem going 6000 RPM when they had a 1.84 valve in them either.

Guess you can't really say unless you've tried it..........
I'm guessing ported ?
Spinning 6000 + rpm and making power there is two different things.
A 370 making peak at 6000 + rpm should be over 450 hp.
Question is would they make more than a similarly prepared 360 or magnum head.

Most time when there pushed on here they would be unported for there .5 cr gain on a 318 which at best is a 2% power gain on a 250-300 hp engine so 5-6hp not the best time and money spent per hp.

I assumed they used the 302s because of the chambers and becauase he had them . If I were building a street driver I would use 302s. If just looking for max HP 360 heads would be way cheaper to use .
I like the series though just because its an interesting learning experience .

I am certain, I can leave RIGHT now and go down to my local junkyard, pick up a running 5.9 magnum for 300 bucks, slap a Chinese intake on it with a used old 750 DP, and make more power than this stupid experiment. Probably less than 800 total investment

And if you really want to get frisky, pull the cam send it off for a regrind, do valve springs and have under 1500 in a really solid runner.

I won't ever click on utg video garbage. Have enough issues with heart meds and losing IQ... don't need that video crap to accelerate the problem. :rofl:

Go ahead and calculate how much it will cost to even find someone competent to port and prep those 302 heads, and come back with the cost. Jesus this stuff ain't rocket appliances!
I had no problem making 240+ cfm. This guy is already @ 220 cfm with a stock size valve. I think all these cheap Chinese heads has made you guys lazy.

I'm guessing ported ?
Spinning 6000 + rpm and making power there is two different things.
A 370 making peak at 6000 + rpm should be over 450 hp.
Question is would they make more than a similarly prepared 360 or magnum head.

Most time when there pushed on here they would be unported for there .5 cr gain on a 318 which at best is a 2% power gain on a 250-300 hp engine so 5-6hp not the best time and money spent per hp.
So bolting a set of speedmaster heads on a 318 automatically makes your 318 produce 500 HP?

And if you really want to get frisky, pull the cam send it off for a regrind, do valve springs and have under 1500 in a really solid runner.

I won't ever click on utg video garbage. Have enough issues with heart meds and losing IQ... don't need that video crap to accelerate the problem. :rofl:
I liked his vids at first but now agree with you . They seem to get dumber with every episode !
Mindless rambling and venting .

Lets see what Vizard and his friends can make with a 2 barrel and when they do or don't manage 1 HP per cube they can bolt on a 4 barrel and see what it will make.

Until then the haters can continue to vent their spleens.

?? Never said that
Its the equivalent of your argument. What's the difference between 200 cfm from a 302 head and 200 cfm from a 360 head?

I had no problem making 240+ cfm. This guy is already @ 220 cfm with a stock size valve. I think all these cheap Chinese heads has made you guys lazy.
That good you got the skills and equipment to do so, most on here Do not, bet over 90% of the engines on this site are unported. If a guy is on here asking which cam and carb to run on a super mild 318 build I'm sure his equipment skill and knowledge level is on the more of the amateur side and porting is the last thing most want to get into.

Its the equivalent of your argument. What's the difference between 200 cfm from a 302 head and 200 cfm from a 360 head?
Not equivalent flow but equivalent work done.
Does a fully ported 302 beat a fully ported 360 head ?

Again, flow isn’t everything. In fact, it’s pretty low on the priority list.

I doubt your heads would even qualify at a National Event.

A BUNCH. It’s a huge difference.

Thats as dumb as asking what the difference is between 260 CFM out of a 360 head and 260 CFM out of a W2 head. It ain’t even close.

Im beginnig to figure you out. You must be dirt poor and can’t afford squat so you turd buff junk and then claim you are smart because you can get 240 CFM out of a sub standard casting.

Only poor people do that.

Save up some money and buy a better head to start with. You will NEVER ago wrong doing that.

That good you got the skills and equipment to do so, most on here Do not, bet over 90% of the engines on this site are unported. If a guy is on here asking which cam and carb to run on a super mild 318 build I'm sure his equipment skill and knowledge level is on the more of the amateur side and porting is the last thing most want to get into.
What do 90% of the guys on this forum have to do with David Vizard's latest project.

Lets see what Vizard and his friends can make with a 2 barrel and when they do or don't manage 1 HP per cube they can bolt on a 4 barrel and see what it will make.

Until then the haters can continue to vent their spleens.
and this is where it all gets fuzzy.

generally speaking when you're building something to showcase you'll want a direct comparison to prove cause and effect.

but this build is super one off and has no apples to apples, or hell, even apples to oranges examples. it's like apples to zebras.

BFD you made 1hp per cube with all this machine work, and porting and special pistons. if you applied that same tactic and a bunch of money you wind up with Ricky Racer super stock motors that beat the brakes off this horseshittery.

if they had stayed with the original concept of: let's see if we can make 318hp with stock 2v parts that are widely available, reasonable machine work and a little back yard black magic this would be a really cool build.

now it's just weak tang grasping at clicks.

Im beginnig to figure you out. You must be dirt poor and can’t afford squat so you turd buff junk and then claim you are smart because you can get 240 CFM out of a sub standard casting.

Only poor people do that.

Save up some money and buy a better head to start with. You will NEVER ago wrong doing that.

Maybe go read this thread:

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/stock-market-sell-off-next-week.531837/

I deal with far more complexity in the financial markets than the simple physics you claim to understand.

Maybe go read this thread:

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/stock-market-sell-off-next-week.531837/

I deal with for more complexity in the financial markets than the simple physics that you claim to understand.

Then why act like you are dirt poor? Port folks have poor ways.

Starting with a junk casting is a poor way to do it and a financial disaster.

Being the money god you claim to be you ought to understand the difference between cost a value.

Or maybe not.

Then why act like you are dirt poor? Port folks have poor ways.

Starting with a junk casting is a poor way to do it and a financial disaster.

Being the money god you claim to be you ought to understand the difference between cost a value.

Or maybe not.

Knowledge is far more valuable than money.

Cant open your link. Don’t know why. But I tried.
How convenient. I'm sure anyone else with half a brain that reads it will come to a very different conclusion than the many you have put forward.

Knowledge is far more valuable than money.

How convenient. I'm sure anyone else with half a brain that reads it will come to a very different conclusion than the many you have put forward.

Cant open the link? Is it in the N&P forum? Other than that I don’t know why your link doesn’t work.

Your knowledge verses money is a sad tale. Why not have both.

Stupid and poor is much more acceptable than being the smartest guy ever in the history of the world and being dirt poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back