David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
And another thread bites the dust…and another one gone …and another one gone ……
Any thread on 302's goes the same way. They tend to solicit an emotional response in certain people.....

If they are not cracked "the 308s" that is, they are LIGHT years better than the 302 heads.

No they are not. Hysteric says so. The 302 is the greatest head ever cast by Chrysler.

It will make more power than even the W2.

And we all know Hysteric is never wrong.

I couldn’t get thru the whole thing, but at about 5-6mins in there is mention of lightweight Manley or Icon pistons.

That sure doesn’t sound like stock replacement parts to me.

Yeah those 318 icon pistons are about $900 a set. Build is already going of the rails- at least from what I thought they were going to try to accomplish using mostly stock parts.

Dont appear to be cracked but I was hoping for closed chamber to take advantage of quench .

You do know you can get quench with an open chamber head dont you?

And I’ll mention it again. Quench is way less critical as the chamber and plug location gets better. And the rod to stroke ratio isn’t under 1.65:1.

You do know you can get quench with an open chamber head dont you?

And I’ll mention it again. Quench is way less critical as the chamber and plug location gets better. And the rod to stroke ratio isn’t under 1.65:1.
Yes , but it requires a step piston which I imagine is not cheap.

No they are not. Hysteric says so. The 302 is the greatest head ever cast by Chrysler.

It will make more power than even the W2.

And we all know Hysteric is never wrong.
Another poor attempt to denigrate. Let me guess ........... I hurt your feelings again.

:rofl:

KB step pistons are not that expensive, but decking the block, milling the chambers of the head to equal depths, rebuilding of factory rods to equal lengths or buying new rods, it all adds up pretty fast.

No, it doesn’t require a step piston. You just stick the piston out of the hole.

Do you know that in Stock Eliminator (last time I looked) anyone running a 68-71 340 can put this piston out of the hole as much as .054 and still be legal.

The only limit to sticking the piston out of the bore is top ring placement.

No, it doesn’t require a step piston. You just stick the piston out of the hole.

Do you know that in Stock Eliminator (last time I looked) anyone running a 68-71 340 can put this piston out of the hole as much as .054 and still be legal.

The only limit to sticking the piston out of the bore is top ring placement.
Nope.. didnt know . That is what the learning is about .

You don’t matter to me. What matters is exposing lying fools. You’re doing a fine job of exposing yourself.
Yeah right. Anyone that questions your perceived self imposed authority gets attacked. How many times have you been banned for being a dick is it now?

Usually "Intelligent" people can discuss ideas without having to attack others that disagree with them. You cant and to try all sorts of childish **** to diminish the posters credibility because you cannot discredit their argument or point. All that does is expose how little you really know.

Sorry but no one made you the gate keeper on all things mopar............thank god for that.

Maybe you should go and save all those poor souls that have underheaded their engines starting with this guy:

_utf-8_b_x01hxzaxmdkuslbh_-2-jpg.jpg

Yeah right. Anyone that questions your perceived self imposed authority gets attacked. How many times have you been banned for being a dick is it now?

Usually "Intelligent" people can discuss ideas without having to attack others that disagree with them. You cant and to try all sorts of childish **** to diminish the posters credibility because you cannot discredit their argument or point. All that does is expose how little you really know.

Sorry but no one made you the gate keeper on all things mopar............thank god for that.

Maybe you should go and save all those poor souls that have underheaded their engines starting with this guy:

View attachment 1716024523

I can carry on a reasonable discussion with reasonable people. I won’t do that with liars, thieves and such.

You lie, equivocate, shuck and jive and whatever it takes to make sure you think you know WTF you are doing.

We can’t even agree to disagree because you are such a pole cat.

Im sure I’ll get kicked off of here again because of lying liars like you.

Go back to the first post in this thread with the picture of the white Duster. Read what you posted.

You worded so it appeared that car was running 318 heads. But it’s not.

Enough said about your credibility.

Nope.. didnt know . That is what the learning is about .

Try telling a machinist it’s ok to stick the piston out of the hole .050 and then get ready for a fight.

They will piss and moan and claim it can’t be done because you can’t do it with a Chevy.

I’ve been sticking pistons out of the hole like that since 1983. And to this day, there are still machinists who will not do it.

You can’t fix stupid.

Im sure I’ll get kicked off of here again because of lying liars like you.
So your saying that other people are responsible for your bad behavior now and in the past......

You worded so it appeared that car was running 318 heads. But it’s not.
NOPE you chose to interpret it that way. That has been posted many times on this forum when the argument of heads being to small on any 302 head thread so people already know they are 360 heads.

The only thing i find interesting is how people can make a lot of power with what some would consider too small a head. Maybe the significance of that statement is missed by some here.....

The only thing i find interesting is how people can make a lot of power with what some would consider too small a head. Maybe the significance of that statement is missed by some here.....
you evidently missed the entire intent of my reply. that's okay though.

So your saying that other people are responsible for your bad behavior now and in the past......

NOPE you chose to interpret it that way. That has been posted many times on this forum when the argument of heads being to small on any 302 head thread so people already know they are 360 heads.

Not at all. I blame no one. If getting kicked off a forum wrecks your world then you have issues that need to be addressed.

I interpreted NOTHING. You are slimy like that.

The discussion is (and this is what you don’t like) why the morons doing this project are wasting time and money on 302 castings when they can start with a 360 casting AND make more power AND spend less money.

You of course think you are the greatest head Porter in the world so you can do a big and voodoo and make that garbage 302 head something it’s not.

And so, your posting the Duster picture was trying to convey that he’s running 320 heads when in fact he’s not and in FACT you KNEW that but tried to palm it off that way.

And then you got called on it. If Crackedback doesn’t set the record straight, anyone reading your post would come to the conclusion he’s running 302 castings.

So it’s disingenuous at best. Some would call it a bald faced lie. I’m too nice for that so I’ll say it was disingenuous and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back