Day 1, project trans am series 1965 dart

-
probably should do away with the inner fenders, but so much easyer to keep engine bay clean with them on, this car is getting the RMS front and rear suspension upgrade, it probably will never see a dragstrip but will see an occasional road course, did a little bit of autocross when I was young, really enjoyed it...
Dodge29

by the way the glass guy removed the front and rear glass yesterday, also told me the windshield is no issue to get, since mine has a couple of stars in it that were epoxied.
Dodge29

Looking forward to following your progress here! quite coincidentaly I too after many years of going round in circles have have begun work on a very similar project! I got little more drastic than you tho, all I will be building a 2x3 chassis! and it will be and all around driver.

RMS rear suspension ordered and dug out the full float grand national rear from the parts vault, 3/4 of an inch wider with the new rear versus the old, should fit no problem......
Dodge29

thanks I will, work and other obligations have steered me offtrack last few days
Dodge29

IMG_0172.jpg
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss114/RACEMETHAN/IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

for those who dont know what a grand national rear is, this is it, a ford 9 inch with a large nut, a machine surface at both ends, a hub assembly with 2 large bearings come together, a drive plate and a center cap that holds the axle in place, its also call a full float rear end, since both ends of the axle are splined, no tulip end that goes to the wheel....you can quickly change the center assembly, by simply removing 3 allen bolts on the center cap, pull the axle out, swapped center section and reassemble without ever even taken the wheel off, i can swap the center pumpkin at home, 2 guys in less the 10 minutes, at the track less than 15/20 minutes
IMG_0241.jpg

and our trusty track cart, for sale by the way, no longer have a need for it, since no longer officially racing
IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

the front of the hump has been boxed in, im stumped about the forward bars, going to remove the dash and try to figure it out, want to keep the dash even though im going to modify extensively
Dodge29

Looks like you are making good progress on it! I am checking this thread everyday!!!!!!! Well, except for saturday, then its race time!

RMS rear suspension kit has arrived, looks awsome, like a kid in a candy store....
Dodge29

front suspension is now ordered, has i keep selling off race car stuff, new pieces get ordered for the Dart....been a while been busy, but here are some update of my build

and my hood scoop has been found, this will be a fully functional ram air hood by the time im done with it

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

-
Back