Day 1, project trans am series 1965 dart

-
dunno, I used to wrench roundys. Mopar, climb under to adjust. Anything else, have 3 people help you pull the hood or trunk lid off. I liked the mopar.

Sounds like this is whats up..

Subscibed

65dart.jpg

was pretty upset when my daughter decided to quit, we had a considerable amount of capital involve and like most nutcase motorhead, want to see a child carry on the torch, no boys, just daughters, waiting on the oldest to give me a grandson
especially after winning a championship, but it is what it is, had not been involved with a street car since my childhood, this is therapy according to my wife, going back to my roots, racing for money on the street, something i did a lot as a young pup, lost a car to pink slips once, and took several back in the days when sex was safe and racing was dangerous.....now im told its the opposite, been married to a wonderful woman, anybody that would stay married to my *** for over 27 years deserve a friggen medal, I once a blew an engine on sat nite, credit carded another and was back on the track the following friday nite.....yaaa sure did, she put up with it, and controled my foolish spending habits more than once..........
been off all week, she had major back surgery this week, lower lumbar bar fusion, the last few days have been the first we have been away from the hospital, im a guy that works 60/65 a week in a dealership, I love the *****, been a hard week, seeing hurt like this has been a sobbering moment in my life, i cant wait to see her well again, the next project is already being debated, a hemi challenger is in her future.....will have to be an auto, she cant shift gears anymore......
Luke
ps. this is the real ****....

hey Rockerdude, if you remove the front bumper that front roll pan on that white Dart is exactly that, was planning on running old school aluminum chin spoiler, now not so sure, actually looks bad ***....without the bumper....
Dodge29

never made it to the shop until 9pm, fuel tank is out, in pretty good shape, headlite bezels removed, struggled with the front bumper and gave up up for the nite....by the weekend the frame will be tied and a cage should start to appear...
Dodge29

ps, piles of work on my desk, probably will not going to be able to do much for a few days or until the weekend

hey Rockerdude, if you remove the front bumper that front roll pan on that white Dart is exactly that, was planning on running old school aluminum chin spoiler, now not so sure, actually looks bad ***....without the bumper....
Dodge29

Without the bumper I agree, fabbing up a chin spoiler would be cool too though..

Hey Luke, thats a killer buildup you have planned there, I love it! I dunno about the a bodys on dirt, but we won the feature on the 17th with my dart, so they work just fine on asphalt. Check out concordmotorsportpark, thats where we are, not far from you I guess. Have you ever been to motor mile in VA?

hey 43, didnt mean that it cannot be done, have the trophies to prove it, but its more difficult than a metric clip by far....have told many many times, would rather push my Dodge in last place rather than win in a chebies.....lol

Dodge 29

Yea, I know whatcha mean! Are you keeping the factory clip under this one? They are even tighter than the 67 up ones. I sure wouldnt want to try to put that motor in that clip!!

thanks, thats a small block , 4 inch Mopar steel crank, Eagle rods, KB powerforged piston, total seal rings and unlike everybody else, i hate clevites, i run King bearings, bi metal, super hard bearings, everything studed, Indy X head, with massive amounts of porting, air gap intake, flat tappet cam, over 600 lift, demon with billet plates, set up for methanol, C&R power steering pump, mandrel drive methanol pump, with a return line and regulator. melling high volume pump, serious oil and coolant modifications, tad over 600hps, oil passages to the left side are blocked, new connection holes are drilled, tapped and steel braided lines connect internally, no coolant between heads to block, both are cooled seperatelly, chipped at 7500 at the moment.....will turn 8, no problem.....

Im going to go with RMS front and rear suspension, 12 or 14 point cage....

the thing that im most unsure off is what the color will be????
Dodge29

thanks, thats a small block , 4 inch Mopar steel crank, Eagle rods, KB powerforged piston, total seal rings and unlike everybody else, i hate clevites, i run King bearings, bi metal, super hard bearings, everything studed, Indy X head, with massive amounts of porting, air gap intake, flat tappet cam, over 600 lift, demon with billet plates, set up for methanol, C&R power steering pump, mandrel drive methanol pump, with a return line and regulator. melling high volume pump, serious oil and coolant modifications, tad over 600hps, oil passages to the left side are blocked, new connection holes are drilled, tapped and steel braided lines connect internally, no coolant between heads to block, both are cooled seperatelly, chipped at 7500 at the moment.....will turn 8, no problem.....

Im going to go with RMS front and rear suspension, 12 or 14 point cage....

the thing that im most unsure off is what the color will be????
Dodge29

Wow! Sounds like a corvette killer..

the first piece of metal is welded in, the glass guy from work, is coming over tomorrow to pull the windshield and rear glass, picked up 2 sticks of inch & 3/4 and would have pick up the inch & 1/2 but they were out....a cage will began to appear by the weekend....
Dodge29

really undecided about how to tie the front end, since i want to keep the inner fenders, not sure how to cage forward into the engine bay......

how tight is the engine compartment???

will not have a gear box, no torsion bars, tti hedders, where should i expect issues???
Dodge29

by the way, forgot how to weld 40 year old tin, damn had to turn the heat and the speed way down, took a couple minutes to get the hang of it.....glad Im not cutting a lot of the car up....will have to rebuild the tranny tunnel however to get the Tremec to fit.....
Dodge 29

ps will probably top the tunnel with aluminum panel of some sort and use zeus fastener to secure it

If your going to keep the inner fenders just simply tie in the sills with some torsion boxes,ahead and behind the driver. You may want to reinforce the forward leaf mount area,box it in. The inner fenders can be braced with some snout bars to the shock mounts.

-
Back