Db electrical mini starters ?

-

jimmer

Reaction score
I see db electrical high torque mini starters on eBay for 72.50 brand new . When I took my Mancini high torque mini starter and compared from pics they look the same , only the Mancini one is twice the price . Has anyone used one of these db mini starters ?
Thanks
Jim

i have one on my 440 and another on my slant six both db electric and both from ebay.......they start real strong ...requires less cranking to get started...even in the cold.....they sound nice and are soooo worth it ....i would buy again from DB electrical again in a heartbeat.

and they fit nicely in headers

Thanks for the reply Rani !!! I think that Mancini might get them from db and put their own stickers on them ? I think I will opt for the db this time around ,

I got one from DB electric off ebay 2 years ago. I put it on my car, worked great for about 2 weeks, then it died....so, I sent it back (about 6 months later because I had a spare starter) and they sent me another one at no charge. That one has been working great for the past year. I'm happy with it, and they honer the 1 year warranty no questions asked. :)

Here's the scoop, what everybody is selling is the later Nippondenso version starter(OMG!! Ricer parts! Ricer parts in my mopar!! Get over it!) that draws less amps & has more torque in a much smaller assembly. The call it a "Hi-torque" starter & add a hi tork price. You can pick up the later model starter for say a '90 Dakota V8 & get virtually the same starter for less $$ that fits the earlier cars.

It is nice to hear that there ara still bargains to be had combined with customer satisfaction ! Thanks for all the replies !! Have a happy day !!

Here's the scoop, what everybody is selling is the later Nippondenso version starter(OMG!! Ricer parts! Ricer parts in my mopar!! Get over it!) that draws less amps & has more torque in a much smaller assembly. The call it a "Hi-torque" starter & add a hi tork price. You can pick up the later model starter for say a '90 Dakota V8 & get virtually the same starter for less $$ that fits the earlier cars.

X2, I bought one from alocal auto parts store, for a 95 Dakota for 46.00. It's been in my duster for 2 years now and never an issue.

X2, I bought one from alocal auto parts store, for a 95 Dakota for 46.00. It's been in my duster for 2 years now and never an issue.

The DB price isn't bad (72 bucks), what is bad is when you see the same starter with a "Race", "high torque", or "mini starter" sticker on it and they want between 130-250 bucks for the same thing...that's robbery.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/starters.html

:wack:

Yeah, my local Autozone has the 95 Dakota starters for 59-69 bucks with a 30-35 dollar core charge (depending on which you get)...so if you already have a core this would probably save you on the shipping.

ya, thats exactly what i did, I bought one, and it had a core charge, so I threw and old junk regular starter, back in the box, and returned it for the core.....they did't care if it was a mini starter or not. LOL!

only thing that bugs me is its chinese. try to find an actual japanese made nipondenso unit. (a factory dealer item, which is big bucks, or pick N pull, they show up on ebay every now and then.

now if i only had slant six dan here to back me up...

i went down to the local crapa auto parts store and got the starter for a late 90s dakota. $50 and it has a life time warranty. if she dies i will just take it back and get me a new one for nothing. i keep the receipt in the glove box.

Somebody want to explain to me what a "DB" starter "is?"

Yeah.....I know what a mini is---I have a Dakota starter on my Dart. Don't know who made it..........

I sort of did the same thing. I got mine from a junkyard from a 96 Ram. Supposedly they're easy to rebuild if they go out, but mine's been in for 2yrs now or so and its never failed to turnover.

If I remember right any magnum starter is essentially a high torque mini starter and will bolt right up to LA's.

Mid 90's Ram (360) starter on my 10.5 :1 340 pep boys 75 bucks lifetime , gave em my old one (I miss the sound , BUT) It spins hard!!!!!!!:blob:

-
Back