De-arcing SS springs

-
no one can tell you how much to dearch . So... Bolt up a set of 275's and load up your trunk with bricks & break out the tape measure! lol

Was not asking about "how much" to dearch. I was asking how much clearance I need around the wheel

This is a 3000 lb.car with 3000 lb. SS springs. The front is in the 1 inch upper holes the rear is in the 1 inch lower holes in the shackles. The car after completed an settled sets pretty level. It has 29's on rear and small rubber on front. It still has a little rake but it did settle, the last picture is after a summer of hard launches. They will lose some arch on there own. Steve

listen to this guy nice car

You could also raise the front end if you don't care for your cars rake angle. Just be sure to have it aligned.

He's not asking about arch or rake guys, tire clearence should be 1/2 inch after tire growth

If you have a half inch your good before accounting for any tire changes in size from growth front back or sides.

I have run as little as a 1/4 inch off fenders with minor rubbing going in driveways and minor rubbing on moderately hard cornering. I have also ran less clearance than a 1/4 off spring clamps. I don't like any rubbing but I wanted that 28" tall tire so that required a 275-60-15 under my 68 dart fenders and its tight.

ok so 1/2in in every direction to be clear for the tire expanding, sounds good. Thanks guys

-
Back