December in Minnesota

-
We had "just enough" snow in the Spokane / Coeur d Alene area to kinda cover the ground. That all changed last night, high winds and warm temps, +rain, we now have.....mud.

That's right guys keep talking that way . . . . we're gonna get blasted now!! lol we have very little snow, cold though today

hardly any snow up here in superior wi too, been thinkin bout pullin out the dart, but theres still salt on the roads n i dont want it rusting up any more then it is

What is Snow?
LOL
We get it here once ever 10 YEARS.
I do not know how you all live with it.
Hope you winter is mild one though....Sent the rain are way or snow it will be rain by the time it gets here.

That's right guys keep talking that way . . . . we're gonna get blasted now!! lol we have very little snow, cold though today
Yup, carefull what you complain about or wish for! Living where you do, you may get more than you bargained for in the next 3-4 months!

Northern California is dry as a bone. I even had to water my lawn this week, which we never have to do after Halloween. Even SoCal has gotten more rain. Lake Tahoe ski resorts only have a few runs open where they can make snow. But it has been great for my cars. I need to get the Dart out of the garage and my new convertible in before the next rain. Last winter was like the one that stranded the Donner Party. It all depends on the ocean currents.

we have had a dusting at best just flurries I hope it stays that way ahahahahaha

No snow here, yet. The Dart is still in pieces, but day after Christmas(55 degrees here) got the bike out and went for a 20 mile ride, New Years eve day is supposed to be up around 60, so might go for about a 60 mile ride, have an early supper and ride back home. Sounds like we are supposed to have a couple days next week, so just might have to bundle up and ride to work, because how often can I say that I have ridden motercycle to work in January.
Oop's that should say a "couple of nice days"

Not bad here either, no snow, 51 today, 55 tomorrow, then gets cooler, but by next weekend almost 60, yea, ill take it, wish it would stay this nice till the end of March, (finger's crossed).

Best winter so far in ages.

It rained here near Detroit today, around 40. Yesterday was rain/snow, came down as snow and stuck but by 6pm was mid 30's and the roads all day were just wet--thanks to the salt.

Enjoy it..this is were our old hot rods rule, with the heated intake like the factory used, 30 degrees these motors can make tons of power. Seems like these newer cars are power down in cold temps--maybe its that traction control kicking in cause the tires don't grip the road as good in cold temps.

Drive as hard as you dare, the brakes stay cool. This is how many of those cars rotted away, back in the 70's you didn't want to store it, was too fun to drive.

Fishtailing down snow cover streets was fun. The snow hold back the speed when it was 4--5 inch deep.

Man the roads have changed so much the past 30-40 years. No more engines roaring through deep snow, no more sagging--hanging on to the rear bumper and seeing how long you could hang on. We used to walk around looking for cars to hang to, ah life before video games

Raining here.

Its hard to enjoy this warmer temps, roads seem always to be wet. Late afternoon yesterday the roads did dry out, now more rain.

But rain in January, oh boy. I get to stay indoors and forget shoveling snow. Blower is still in the basement, hope it stays there all winter, lol. An inch or so is no problems doing by hand.

Hope the 10 day forecast is right, should be cold a few days then mid to upper 30's, this is great.

-
Back