Decent Stereo

-
Try Cruchfield. They usually have a nice selection. Or check out some boneyards. They usually have a crapload from various years & models on shelves.

The older Mopar radios, 2000 and up, don't display time and station at the same time, have to hit time button. The new jap radios have such small buttons you have to look at the radio to change the station.

@RustyRatRod I’ll send you this for free. Came out of my boat when I upgraded. Works great. Pay shipping is all I ask.
B74DF843-83CA-4DC3-9D18-1319CCDF705B.jpeg

Sony Xplode 50x4 CDX-C5005

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is I have "about 3" of the "JVC ish" multibrand ones and one came in the 67. I like none of them. Small, poorly marked/ contrasted controls, you bump one and you are done until you can stop the car

All I can say is I have "about 3" of the "JVC ish" multibrand ones and one came in the 67. I like none of them. Small, poorly marked/ contrasted controls, you bump one and you are done until you can stop the car
Same applies to my Kenwood head unit (Not meant for inflight use). I have a couple discs loaded with MP3s. I can hit the right buttons and get what I want out of it before I leave home. It won't get touched again.
The OEM unit in my 96 Camry is soooo simple to operate, I wish I knew how to wire up the same in my 67 Plymouth. The aftermarket units come with instructions for wiring. A factory radio can be a puzzle.

Over the decades, I've found JVC to have some of the worst, non-intuitive interface designs across their entire spectrum of products.

I’ll third that JVC head units are hard to understand and perform like ****. Have to look at the operators manual every time I need to adjust anything, vehicle pulled over of course. And am works like ****.

Just give me bass and treble with round knobs and am that works. Round knob for volume also.

Bought a cheap chinee off amazonk.
Was like $35. Works, but no power to drive any amount of bass. Kinda weak. Flimsy mount, like its going to fall out of dash. next go roubd will be a pioneer, no cd no cassette.

I just pulled this Jensen. Works fine, no CD. Whole faceplate lights up... kinda tacky. The Koss is new-in-box. Has the terrible removable faceplate mini-controls. I won't be using either one.

IMG_3917.jpeg
IMG_3918.jpeg

Rob. I got a Pioneer am fm cd..also have a power acoustic am fm cd dvd BT USB SD....waffle maker ...single DIN! but the CD doesnt work. Needs a new $7 laser head.

-
Back