demon a/c vacuum hoses on firewall??

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to re-assemble my factory a/c unit in the Demon. I installed the under dash evaporator unit and looking at the vacuum hoses which operate the vacuum pods, I am seeing a rubber firewall bulkhead plug which appears to have two small vacuum hoses but they appear to have been cut off flush with the face of the plug facing the engine? Can anybody send me a picture of where the plug mounts through the firewall and where the two vacuum lines actually go to?? Also, where can I get one of these lines with the plug which has not been butchered? Thanks...

For a long time the water control valve had 2 vacuum lines attached. Later models had only one for that valve. There is a vacuum supply line coming from the intake, and there should be another line attached to a vacuum reservoir. A shop manual would have the details.

For a long time the water control valve had 2 vacuum lines attached. Later models had only one for that valve. There is a vacuum supply line coming from the intake, and there should be another line attached to a vacuum reservoir. A shop manual would have the details.

Ya, I have a 1972 shop manual and the pictures/drawings are very fuzzy. I am working in the water temp control valve area of the Demon. I seem to be missing a vacuum canister and a water valve assembly that mounts on the inner left fender well. I have no clue what these look like and I seem to be finding a manual cable water valve and then a vacuum operated water valve. So I was curious if anybody on here owns a stock 1972 Dodge Demon with factory correct A/C that can send me a couple pics of that area where these are and maybe also the other hoses/ expansion valves ect. I have been searching all over the site and can't seem to find any good pictures.

I wish I could help but all mine are 67-8 parts. I don't know in what year that water valve changed.

I wish I could help but all mine are 67-8 parts. I don't know in what year that water valve changed.
My 69' still has it.

The White tracer goes to the top of the vacuum actuator and the red tracer goes to the bottom.

I think somone already wrote it but, The plain Black goes to the manifold to provide vacuum to the system.

My 69' still has it.

The White tracer goes to the top of the vacuum actuator and the red tracer goes to the bottom.

I think somone already wrote it but, The plain Black goes to the manifold to provide vacuum to the system.

My rubber bulkhead grommet only has 2 hoses. One has a white stripe and the other is just plain black. Could it be that my canister only had 1 hose attached (maybe the white one) and then the black went to the manifold to work the system?? It is a 72 Demon 340 car with original a/c. These parts were missing when I bought it and I am trying to put it back somewhat the way it was built in these areas. I have installed a Sandeen style compressor to save space up front but am looking to put these pieces back so the system will function as it was intended to. Any ideas?

My rubber bulkhead grommet only has 2 hoses. One has a white stripe and the other is just plain black. Could it be that my canister only had 1 hose attached (maybe the white one) and then the black went to the manifold to work the system?? It is a 72 Demon 340 car with original a/c. These parts were missing when I bought it and I am trying to put it back somewhat the way it was built in these areas. I have installed a Sandeen style compressor to save space up front but am looking to put these pieces back so the system will function as it was intended to. Any ideas?

It's definitely different from what I see on the 69.

I'm not so familiar with the 72's and I don't have any pictures to send so I'm reaching here.

Does your cable controlled water valve look like this one from a barracuda/satellite?

I also found a pic of the 72 vac reservoir and water valve configuration from a 340 valiant. Not sure this helps.

Hopefully someone comes through with the actual pics from a 72 Demon (or the like).

Attachments

• cable valve.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 465
  • vac and valve.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 471

I'm not so familiar with the 72's and I don't have any pictures to send so I'm reaching here.

Does your cable controlled water valve look like this one from a barracuda/satellite?

I also found a pic of the 72 vac reservoir and water valve configuration from a 340 valiant. Not sure this helps.

Hopefully someone comes through with the actual pics from a 72 Demon (or the like).

The 340 Valiant drawing looks like what I am thinking, but seeing I have nothing there, I really am not sure. That is why I was looking for somebody who owns a 72 340 factory a/c Demon to post a few pictures. I have seen several 72 Demons on this website, but not sure if they are a/c cars???

I believe mine is suppose to stand on the inner fender well. I think it has 2 screws and a simple in and out for the 1/2" heater hose with a single vacuum port on top. Next to it I believe is suppose to be a round plastic vacuum ball? I think the vacuum ball has 2 ports on it. My bulkhead rubber plug has 2 vacuum hoses. My issue is I do not know where these lines go to. Also I need to know if somebody cut the hoses at the bulkhead connector or if there are some sort of plastic insert couplings in which the engine side hoses just push into the bulkhead connector. Again it is a 72 demon original a/c car. a picture of the areas mentioned would really help me out to get things right here. Thanks

Still looking for a picture of a 72 Demon/Dart factory a/c heater control valve vacuum pod area with vacuum hose routing?

I'm not sure if this will help. Mine is a 72 dart with a /6 it's hard to see but the hose with the white tracer goes to the heater control valve . Sorry about the orientation for some reason I allways have a issue with it.

Attachments

• 20141026_213503.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 377
That's it perfectly..everything that should exist under the hood related to the vacuum reservoir and heater control valve.

You're welcome, northeastmopar.

-
Back