Demonkiddo71's 71 Demon Resto start

-

Demonkiddo71

Ohio Demon owner
Reaction score
Well, here goes.
This car used to belong to a good friend of mine in high school, Robbie, he got killed in 1993 when he wrecked his Duster. He never finished this Demon, and afterwards, his parents offered this car to my nephew, but neither one of us really wanted anything to do with it (bad memories). Years later, I decided to find a Demon and sort of build a tribute to Robbie. I started looking for a Demon and immediately, a local mopar guy called me and said "hey, I know where one has been sitting for a long time, and the guy wants to sell it cheap." So, of course, I go to check it out. As soon as I walked into the garage, I nearly fell over, because it was Robbie's old car, still in basically the same shape as it was when he owned it! (Luck? Fate?) I immediately paid him and had it hauled to my house a few days later. This was in 2007, and shortly afterwards, I lost my job and it has been sitting, untouched for 3 years, now I am finally starting to tear into it and do some research. (unemployed again, but can't let it sit there without doing something!!) It turns out to be an LM29H car (340 sport coupe) was originally gold w/black vinyl top (COOL!!) Over the years, some SOB stole the fender tag, so I don't know for sure what other options it had, but I remember back when Robbie owned it, he checked, and it was an original 4-speed car with rally dash. (that's all I know for sure) It's value is not important to me, but I'm excited about owning what is for sure an original 340 car. Thanks for reading, I'll update as much as I can. More pics to come!

PS: Anyone else in Ohio that may have some parts? -PM me!
-drivers seat needed w/brackets

-Dan

Attachments

• DrOverview.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 199
  • DoorVINTag2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 190
  • DashVINPlate.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 4SPDColumn.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 184
  • ExposedDoorPillar.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 181
  • ExposedRoofColor.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 176
  • LFLowerCowl.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 179
  • RSideDoorInner.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 176
  • TrunkOrigPaint.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 194
Kinda cool that you were able to find the exact car that you were going to create a dupe of! Nice find, connected friends can be invaluable. Good luck on your project. L8r

Jim

I brought home my '71 Demon Sizzler this past weekend. It must be fate that you decided to pay tribute to your friend ( sorry for your loss ) One good thing about being unemployeed is you have LOTS of time on your hands to work on stuff. If you haven't already done so, check under the back seat to see if the build sheet is there. If so, CAREFULLY remove is and you are golden. If you lived closer, I'd see if I had any extra parts for ya. Good luck with the build. I'll be watching this one.

j

-
Back