Depression

-
Funny thing i've found recently is that the smaller things bother me more then usual and smaller accomplishments make me feel better......putting dishes away, doing a few tubs of laundry, raking a little in the yard.....even paying bills and straightening up paperwork makes me feel better. Damn, i must be getting really old........lol. Guess my mind is just swinging back & forth a little more then i'm used to :D.

Music around me when I feel a bought of the big D word trying to enter my life, I tend to look at folks that have it 10 times worse then I do and count my blessings, and get on a regiment every day regardless and before you know it you will feel good of your accomplishments even if they are small ones Cliff.
I agree with many thoughts here but K.O. SWINGER hit it on the nail :cheers:

My day = wake up and and start a pot of coffee as it is brewing I look in the mirror and say LETS DO IT !! Wash my hands and face, shave, brush my teeth and dress for the day, because the first thing I have to do is take Buddy my 2 year old Boxer some water that is not frozen :toothy9: then I site down and enjoy a cup of coffee with for a bodies only family :coffee2:
HAY!! It's cold outside!! let the sun shine in your home:cheers: and enjoy cooking breakfast :glasses7: Hay it works for me Cliff, and it is hard to make your self do it everyday like clock work, but I do slip and can tell it when I do :wack::wack: some days are different disgust and when I get out of that routine that is when the dreaded D word will creep in your life.........:thumbdow: .... Hobbies is a must,:happy1: and it is a responsibility to move forward on them, my Avocado tree would die if I did not take care of it, same goes for my own limbs... self help time is a must do for me to keep myself in shape good enough to be helpful, standing against the wall with my back to it and do nothing but stand as straight as I can and monitor my breathing in my noose out my mouth for a shot of oxygen for my blood and brain..... stand there for 4 minutes thats all.

APA pool league keeps me sane also, I want to be my best at it and enjoy new friends, yep going on 3 years know ..:joker:

Cliff always remember there is a better day to enjoy, some of them can be bad, and remember this, If you have a problem that you can fix take your time it takes to fix it, the problems you can't do anything about :sign7: take it off your list of problems :cheers:
Music and no tv was a great change for me, I do watch tv but know when it's time to shut it off has been my friend for a long time.

Well you asked and I had to put my thoughts in on this Cliff:glasses7:

The Green monster is Jealousy :sign7: so I quess the D monster is kin to him .. If all ells fails Tequila is a great way to pick up your spirits :joker:

Funny thing i've found recently is that the smaller things bother me more then usual and smaller accomplishments make me feel better......putting dishes away, doing a few tubs of laundry, raking a little in the yard.....even paying bills and straightening up paperwork makes me feel better. Damn, i must be getting really old........lol. Guess my mind is just swinging back & forth a little more then i'm used to :D.

Amen!! X TEN ............................ poet didn't know it :sign7:

Sorry I posted that im so f,ed up i cant stand it. Fuel pump went out on the dd and rears going out on th work truck. So tired of always being behind all the time. Ready to leave all this behind, Again im so sorry.

Is this the first time you have been depressed? Try out some meditation and try finding new things to do. You probably have no interest in working on your car and doing other things you used to really enjoy. Google it, you would be surprised what sort of stuff the internet can help you with. Google 296.00 treatments. You will get more ligetimate results than if you were to google depression treatments.

No not the first time with depression I have been fighting it for 10 years I was on meds for it for 2-3 years and really went down the last year I was on them suicidal thoughts and stuff. I got off the meds quickly . Yes I have interest in working on my car it's I don't have everything I need to get started.

Sorry I posted that im so f,ed up i cant stand it. Fuel pump went out on the dd and rears going out on th work truck. So tired of always being behind all the time. Ready to leave all this behind, Again im so sorry.
These day happen don't they, when this happens around my place back a few years ago I had to sell a toy or to to get everyone back on track it seems Pete..
I let go of an old great shot gun I have had for a long time to pay taxes on Casper, but it went to a family member :glasses7: I hope things take care of there self soon brother

No apologies needed DD. This is what the thread is for I hope it helps you as much as me.

Found haf a fifth of texas crown . Hope I can pass out for I git too stupid.whiskey and indians always iffy. Dont be drepressed. ?Thereas always someone worse off whos envious of you.real talk bud

Now that you all have me really thinking about this, i think this may be something that many people our age, 40s,50s,60s will all eventually go thru. Especially us guys. There comes a point in all our lives that we have to accept that many of the things we wanted to have and wanted to be are not gonna happen. I still think of doing things in my life, as if i was 20 again, that just aren't gonna happen. Not that i will ever stop dreaming, but i can't let the inevitable bring me down. Just enjoy the things and people we have in our lives and move forward as best as we can.

Horsepower. Nothing puts a smile on my face like lighting up a V8 and listening to tires scream for mercy.

Really, you gotta find what makes you happy, and do it. If you get depressed, f- everything else and focus on happy-making things.... Just make sure it isn't something like buying collector plates on eBay......... :p

- CK

Now that you all have me really thinking about this, i think this may be something that many people our age, 40s,50s,60s will all eventually go thru. Especially us guys. There comes a point in all our lives that we have to accept that many of the things we wanted to have and wanted to be are not gonna happen. I still think of doing things in my life, as if i was 20 again, that just aren't gonna happen. Not that i will ever stop dreaming, but i can't let the inevitable bring me down. Just enjoy the things and people we have in our lives and move forward as best as we can.

Maybe if I can find out the noise in the trans of my Doba and start driving it I will feel better.

Wellwritten and well said Rick I agree

I am dealing with a severe depression with the employment situation I am in. Not knowing if I will have enough funds to even get through another week. My wife and our daughter and two grandchildren may soon be homeless if things do not change soon. I do not know. I am so frustrated right now.

Well you have some positive things; first you have a great interest in Mopar A-bodies and also this site. You also spend time everyday with family, that is wonderful. Find a few more positive aspects to concentrate on. Also as a procrastinator myself it helps to get a few things out of the way that I don't want to or dont look forward to doing.

I am dealing with a severe depression with the employment situation I am in. Not knowing if I will have enough funds to even get through another week. My wife and our daughter and two grandchildren may soon be homeless if things do not change soon. I do not know. I told my wife tonight if I had a gun I would put it to my head and end my miserable life. I am so frustrated right now.

I am praying you find a job soon.

Cliff you deal with it by doing exactly what you are doing now.
Reaching out and talking to friends.

There are so many things that cause it in people everything from personal problems to fatigue.If you suffer from severe depression that's hard to deal with without some Meds.

Try 296.31 in google. If your alls depression is really that serious I would see a doctor. I would not put that off if I was truely feeling depressed. I have had a few friends commit suicide through the years and I just wish they would have sought professional health. Good Luck.

No matter how bad we think things are there is always people in worse shape the we are. Rejoice and be thankful for what you have and make the best out of it. I pray for God's blessings to pour out on everyone that has posted on this thread.

Wife went down to social services last week (against my wishes) to try to get assistance. Guess what they told her, "Your husband was self employed so we will need his 1099 to determine if your family will qualify for any assistance" She was told if I made "too much" we would not be eligible due to the income guidelines. I told her when she got back that she was wasting her time. I told her that we just need to keep praying and hopefully things will change soon.

Tom, i wish i was in a position to help. I'm about "this" far away as you on the funds with the wife's medical bills coming in. As sorry as it is to sell, i hope someone will pick up your Duster and buy you some time. If i could, i'd buy it and hold it for you until you got back on your feet and i could give it back to you. Stay strong man. It's gotta work out for all of us at some point. Maybe we need to start a FABO Mopar shop. There has to be enough of us in our situation with diverse skills to make a go of it :D.

I am dealing with a severe depression with the employment situation I am in. Not knowing if I will have enough funds to even get through another week. My wife and our daughter and two grandchildren may soon be homeless if things do not change soon. I do not know. I told my wife tonight if I had a gun I would put it to my head and end my miserable life. I am so frustrated right now.

I understand your frustration but that would only end your problem and add more to your families. If you are really serious please get help immediately.
I wish you would accept the help from some here who have offered. I may not be saying this the right way but sometimes when our situation puts more then just us in a bad position we have to swallow or pride and do what's best for our family.

Please reconsider.

meditation. focusing on your breathing. swimming was a good suggestion.
turning off the noise...TV...radio....we are bombarded every day by bad news.

hell, if you can't afford parts, build a model....anything to calm you down, redirect your focus and get a sense of accomplishment.

those are some of the things i do.

I understand your frustration but that would only end your problem and add more to your families. If you are really serious please get help immediately.
I wish you would accept the help from some here who have offered. I may not be saying this the right way but sometimes when our situation puts more then just us in a bad position we have to swallow or pride and do what's best for our family.

Please reconsider.

You guys and gals out here are very kind and caring people and I value the friendships I have made out here since I joined this site almost 4 yrs ago. I will not accept any help due to my true belief that a man is responsible for his own and that is how I was raised. I will find a way to get through this. I have really no other choice. The offers are appreciated and I thank each and every one of you who have offered assistance to my family, but hey man it is tough for everyone. There will be better days ahead. I keep my faith in God and will trust in him to bring me through the storm. As for what I said to my wife, it was said out of sheer frustration and also depression. I was not serious about that. I just get very upset when I feel helpless about the current affairs of my family and I.

-
Back