Depression

-
Sorry to read this Cliff. Be sure you make yourself get outdoors every day, and make sure you reach out and talk to friends, it will make all the difference. Make an effort to eat something that's healthy...a piece of ripe fruit for example... it will make you feel good about yourself.

Funny thing i've found recently is that the smaller things bother me more then usual and smaller accomplishments make me feel better......putting dishes away, doing a few tubs of laundry, raking a little in the yard.....even paying bills and straightening up paperwork makes me feel better. Damn, i must be getting really old........lol. Guess my mind is just swinging back & forth a little more then i'm used to :D.

That's interesting, I know what you mean. I've found lately that I get a great joy from trimming all the trees in my yard. Weird.

Sorry to read this Cliff. Be sure you make yourself get outdoors every day, and make sure you reach out and talk to friends, it will make all the difference. Make an effort to eat something that's healthy...a piece of ripe fruit for example... it will make you feel good about yourself.

Thanks David right now I can't get out everyday,it's just too cold. I need to find some indoor activities

I know this sounds dumb and I don't want to sound like that ignorant college kid but I am taking a class right now on mental disorders and we are getting ready to start a section on depression. I found it was ironic that this thread popped up the week before we started it. If I learn anything that could be of any help I will def. let you guys know and if you have any questions I'll see what I can do. I had no idea depression effected so many people.

No matter how bad we think things are there is always people in worse shape the we are. Rejoice and be thankful for what you have and make the best out of it. I pray for God's blessings to pour out on everyone that has posted on this thread.
THANK YOU BILL...I'M BI POLAR AND SUFFER SEVERE DEPRESSION..my meds help me to have more good days than bad..but without them i couldn't get out of bed..Every day is a struggle and sometimes my mood swings as some of you know..I truley am sorry for some of the things i have said..especially to cliff ,Leanna and others who have posted in this thread...prayers and blessings to all...sd426

Its freaken below zero up here at night, right now its 20 and we got 2 inches of snow that I had to shovel. Lets see, Stillwater OK, its 46 and partly cloudy, monday its to be 78 before dropping off to the 50's..thats nice early spring weather for us Michiganders.

You gotta turn off the computer and do something else, IMO...yeah your back limits you but there's gotta be something worth doing...go fishing maybe and enjoy that sunshine

We got a dusting of snow but everything is covered in ice. It took me 15 minutes to walk up the hill to class. I would take two steps foward and slide 3 steps back. Cowboy boots and ice do not go well together.

Damn my head hurts today.How can you stay depressed Cliff with idiots like me to laugh at.

1. stay away from politics, or watchin too much news
2. stay away from chevys & fords
3. stay away from bad womens
4. have a project to stay busy with, so you are not in front of the computer or tv all the time

:burnout:

Yeah people-women can be funny. How they can lift your mood up or get you really down. Sometimes I keep my distance from some gals just cause I know they can trigger mood swings with me.

U gotta have something to look forward to. A trip, a project, something. Money is an issue for some but there is ways to do things cheaper. Up here some parks rent boats for the day or half a day, they got canoes and paddle boats also. I just found that out this fall, this spring-summer I checking it out. I can't afford to buy my own boat but I can swing the rental cost.

Right now I'm in a rut, happens every winter but spring will come, winter is half over with.

Yeah people-women can be funny. How they can lift your mood up or get you really down. Sometimes I keep my distance from some gals just cause I know they can trigger mood swings with me.

yea i know the feeling bcoz sometimes when i see how silly men act, it gets me depressed :D J/K

i have had my feelings labeled and dis-regarded as just being a female thing ...but i think its a human trait....as long as your human and have real feelings your going to get depressed and dis-couraged from time to time.

we all need to focus on the good we have and that we woke up this morning......i cheated death when i was 15 and now im getting done with college and i have a bad *** Dart that is my dream come true......what more can i ask for so i am trying to keep whining to a minimum.

Depression is a real thing and a real problem but focusing on what good we do have going for us and support of friends is the best medicine

Yeah I know its not so cool to like forget about people. Over the years I noticed I'm not a very social person, I used to blame others but now see its mostly me. I give up too quickly and being lazy doesn't help matters, lol

I felt the same way in my early 20's, that I cheated death and yeah, you look at every day as its another day you should not really be having. People used to chuckle when I said I'm just happy to be alive.

It fades after so long--like 10--15 years it was for me. Now I look at it as too many people get killed when they really should not have. Dying should not be so easy.

Like a few years back I was watching the local TV news and some car driven by a teenager got hit by a train as the driver went around down gates. 4 teens were inside and they go saying all were killed on impact and they had a large sheet over the car and were saying the bodies were still inside.

I got so tick off, how did they really know all those teens were dead if they just left them in the car ? The car wasn't split in half, heck ER claim I was D.O.A. (Dead on arrival) and they were able to bring me back in the nick of time. Today its like EMS just don't even try to save some folks if they believe they "had it coming to them"

Then they were going around telling everybody--see--see, this is why you always stop for RR gates. I can't believe none of those 4 teens couldn't have been saved, if they could save Gabrielle Giffords they could save more folks if they really-really wanted to, IMO

THANK YOU BILL...I'M BI POLAR AND SUFFER SEVERE DEPRESSION..my meds help me to have more good days than bad..but without them i couldn't get out of bed..Every day is a struggle and sometimes my mood swings as some of you know..I truley am sorry for some of the things i have said..especially to cliff ,Leanna and others who have posted in this thread...prayers and blessings to all...sd426
You know I have to respect you for saying that dude . God knows Ive went a few rounds with you lol

You know I have to respect you for saying that dude . God knows Ive went a few rounds with you lol

Xs 2 it take a lot for any member here to admit and Bob isn't the only one that has admit it here in this thread.

I did get out and did a little bit in my building and rode around for a bit to drop a few bags of clothes,shoes to Salvation Army. But it wasn't enough. I could try building a model I got from secret santa a year ago.

Old Tired Rebel yes find something to do I know what you talking about when you say bad back I am still young and am just over a year from my fusion surgury on my lower back and my unwide was working on cars and jeeps in the garage well this is very limited now. I can still walk the dog but just put my buddy down and now looking for a newer freind. you know that there are a lot of us that support you and know what you are going through i will be putting you on my prayer list and hope that you find some thing that helps!!!

Old Tired Rebel yes find something to do I know what you talking about when you say bad back I am still young and am just over a year from my fusion surgury on my lower back and my unwide was working on cars and jeeps in the garage well this is very limited now. I can still walk the dog but just put my buddy down and now looking for a newer freind. you know that there are a lot of us that support you and know what you are going through i will be putting you on my prayer list and hope that you find some thing that helps!!!

Thank you and I will put every one here on my prayer list. I wish I could get my back fixed but was told I was too high risk for surgery.

I'm sad to hear of your depression. I can empathize as I have suffered with it for at least 35 years mostly undiagnosed. I have found some things reduce my need for meds are, sunshine, interacting with people ( even though I don't like to),gardening in the summer, real chocolate, bananas, (the last 2 items contain tryptophan that the body turns into serotonin, a neurotransmitter), my cats, FABO, helping others, realizing that God cares about you and others do too.
Feel free to contact me anytime you want, I'd even give my cell number if you want.

I'm sad to hear of your depression. I can empathize as I have suffered with it for at least 35 years mostly undiagnosed. I have found some things reduce my need for meds are, sunshine, interacting with people ( even though I don't like to),gardening in the summer, real chocolate, bananas, (the last 2 items contain tryptophan that the body turns into serotonin, a neurotransmitter), my cats, FABO, helping others, realizing that God cares about you and others do too.
Feel free to contact me anytime you want, I'd even give my cell number if you want.

Thank You.I had a good afternoon today being out of the house and going to make a donation to Salvation Army then going to Lowes to pick up a couple of 2X4's to make a loft in my building,helping my youngest son figuring out why my trans was making a rattling noise after he installed it. If I can have days like this all the time it sure would make me feel better.

Thank You.I had a good afternoon today being out of the house and going to make a donation to Salvation Army then going to Lowes to pick up a couple of 2X4's to make a loft in my building,helping my youngest son figuring out why my trans was making a rattling noise after he installed it. If I can have days like this all the time it sure would make me feel better.

One day at a time. Spring is close my friend

Cliff it's not you. It's your car it's possessed.why do you think Steven king used a mopar in Christine. LOL. Just tryin to chear you up bud.

-
Back