Desert Car Kings

-
I think I could - no, I KNOW I could turn a better ET with my PT Cruiser. I know it because an old lady at the dragstrip ran an 18-something with hers.

Did anyone notice on the Barracuda episode, when they did the history of the Barracuda montage they showed multiple shots and old footage of Chevelles?

They also spelled Impala with 2 "L"s - Impalla.

There seems to be only one person who works there who has a brain.

that show was driving me crazy when they were talking about the pushbutton. when the car wouldnt go in gear they thought it was an electrical problem with that wierd old chrysler pushbutton. they said it took them a few hours to figure out. whats so hard about 2 cables. and my only question is how do you "restore" a car and never address whether the transmission works or not untill you fire it up. they probably never even looked under the thing. what a deal. new paint job and 40 year old mechanical parts. i'll take my mechanically sound rusty valiant over one of their piles any day. hacks.

after spending a lot of time with and around professional restoration shops It makes me cry when soo many corners are cut. The GTO frame repair was by far the worst thing I have seen them do. and yes when you pause it and really look at the piant you see how bad it really is. I haven;t watched the charger episode yet cause I am on the west coast but if they scored a 68 charger for 3k man i am jealous.

why are you guys all the rage about that charger? it was a pos to me it wasnt complete, and it wasnt a bb car, nor a hemi, or 340, it wasnt even a r/t i wouldnt pay 3k for it

Billy and I were pretty disappointed too (as well as with prior episodes) but you guys really tell it like it is! That 19.6 second pass was anything but 'respectable.'

He said his old Camaro could've done a 19.6 pass pulling that Charger behind it.

Relax360, you've got nothing to be jealous of. When you see what they brought home for 3 grand you'll have kept your money and walked away glad you didn't buy it.

I hope the show gets better because it really can't get much worse at this point. The butchery continues ................

Hey looky here a trunkload of 68 charger interior parts just happen to be here and I will give them to you for $200. What a set up show.

Exactly the feeling I got. Its cool that there are shows on that feature classic cars, but, those guys do not demonstrate quality workmanship at all. They take an absolute minimalist aproach. They ignore alot. Did they even rebuild the engine? They just showed up with this 383 and shoved it in. Did they even say anything about where they got it?

Alot of these shows are valuable in that they show how not to do some things. And shows how some will throw cars together to make a buck. 2 Weeks? Crazy

i don't think those engines are even tuned up let alone inspected. Just another way to keep costs down

i bet the 383 came out of a truck, orthey could be so damn stupid they have a chevy 383. theres a 383 and 727 from 66 newport for 500 i wish i had 500 bucks, he was interested in trades buthe didnt want small block stuff i offeed two other small blocks, a full time t case a set of 360 heads a 727 small block trans, hell i should offered my truck 4spd and would have, i wish i had money. a 383 and the trans to match? ould been great in the dart i have.

ya know I was gonna ask the same question. I watched the episode about the '50 caddy and they said they took the '63 engine and painted it and put it in. then I watched them put in the engine for the Charger and thought (hmm if I was a resto shop wouldn't I paint the engine?) and whoever buys the car is gonna be in for a surprise after a bit of driving....

I've never watched it until tonight and geese what tools. Im halfway through the charger episode and only keep watching to see what else these idiots do. Im feel dumber just from watching.

Ummm...im not at home so I can't resins it to double check, but im pretty sure they just spelled mechanic as "mecanic". Like I said im not sure as I just saw it at a glance.

Have these *** clown's ever heard of aftermarket, my god, there digging through a junkyard for SS emblems for the piece of **** super rare SS chevelle, I can't take it, I just want to go there and take over the build, these guy's remind me of moe larry and shimp WTF! Did anyone see the two Darts stacked on top of each other?

Maybe if enough real car guys write to the network and complain we can get it pulled a a good car show on there.

I already did that after I posted my reply. Invited the Discovery Channel execs to read what REAL car people think of their new show by sending them a link to this thread. You never know ...... maybe they'll listen.

Here's the link I used for Viewer Relations if anyone else wants to jump in with some encouragement. http://dsc.discovery.com/utilities/about/viewer-relations.html

There are more then just two darts stacked on each other there.. Try like 30 early a-bodys all at their mercy. I live a mile away from these bastards.

I love the part when the gates open, and theres a mad rush like a bunch of women at the day after thanksgiving sale at walmart, beating each other down to get in! I havent seen that many mullets since I graduated in 88' !!!

they didn't butcher that car.they did a really good job on it.made all original how it is supposed to be.

The few shots I got of the paint job so far look like crap. I painted dump trucks out in the driveway on a windy day that turned out better.

Hahahahaha

I feel bad for the old man....his eyesight is gone obviously.

You call that body-work....more like body-wreck

I loved how the strange green paint highlighted all the rust and corrosion on the quarter panels...:glasses8:

Very bad show...don't know how I ever stayed watching....Oh yea..car crash syndrome.

Mop

Alright, before anyone gets mad...I'm a fan of the "new" Charger...but I still don't believe it captures the essence of the old Charger at all...

With that said, I laughed when the guy takes a look at the new Charger and was like "I've been around cars all my life, how could you not see the similarities between the new and old Charger?"

He points out a couple indents in the doors and hood (which kind of resemble the old Charger) and talks about the (extremely non pronounced) protrusions on the rear window. Besides that, the new Charger doesn't do HALF the job the new Challenger does on bringing back nostalgia. I loved how they kept trying to compare the two at the end.

And as like you all were, I was shocked at that quarter mile time...and the trunk full of perfect original parts for a mere $200 made me laugh too.

I wouldn't have paid the amount they got at the auction for that, I wouldn't trust that shops work...

-
Back