Did I aquire a Mopar ????

Is this an adopted Mopar ?

• Yep, it's family - it's an adopted MOPAR

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • NO! It wasnt', and it isn't now

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
-
If you really want it to be a Mopar, whatever you do, DO NOT put a 318 in it... Save for a 340!

Sorry, I had to. The Rambler is cool!

AMX....BAM!
images.jpg

Dad had a 68 Coronet 440, It had a teen in it. I always asked him if the 440 was the engine size, he said only in the Coronet 500....:)
My sis had a 64 or 65 Rambler American as her first car. Primer gray with a 6cyl in it. I thought it was a 4 as it was SLOW.....

Funny how someone with an American Motors car wants it to be a Mopar, but not the other way around...
They are what they were. Some nice and some no so nice.

Funny how someone with an American Motors car wants it to be a Mopar, but not the other way around...
They are what they were. Some nice and some no so nice.
ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind........ :)

Last edited:
I went to the DMV to do title/plates. The lady that has worked there for a couple of years had no idea what a Nash Rambler was, as the title had it stated. She didn't know if it was a RV, Boat, etc. I asked if she heard of the "beep beep song". Her eyes lit up and she said "is that what it is ??? LOL

It's all a matter of timing.
Dodge Brothers was bought by Chrysler in 1928.
AMC was bought by Chrysler in 1987.
If you deny an AMC because it was acquired, then you have to deny Dodge for the same reason.
AMC is no less a Chrysler (Mopar) than Dodge. Period.

Very interesting point of view. Never heard it said that way before. Thank you for a new perspective!

I ain't reading all three pages, but I'll say Chrysler made Dodge under the Dodge name and didn't for AMC, because technically Jeep was under AMC, as was Eagle, but Dodge was under nothing else.

I ain't reading all three pages, but I'll say Chrysler made Dodge under the Dodge name and didn't for AMC, because technically Jeep was under AMC, as was Eagle, but Dodge was under nothing else.
THREE PAGES?? Ohmigawd...
The FSM has 67 pages on rebuilding and servicing a Torqueflite... I ain't readin' all that. I think I'll skip to the last page where it's all done. That stuff in the middle is never important or even interesting anyhow.

THREE PAGES?? Ohmigawd...
The FSM has 67 pages on rebuilding and servicing a Torqueflite... I ain't readin' all that. I think I'll skip to the last page where it's all done. That stuff in the middle is never important or even interesting anyhow.

If you had a four speed, you wouldn't need 67 pages.

-
Back