Is this an adopted Mopar ?

• Yep, it's family - it's an adopted MOPAR

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • NO! It wasnt', and it isn't now

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
-
A closer look, for those that didn't see and care too.... LOL

Wow, off line since Wednesday due to a fine f#@king by my phone company, and I missed FIVE PAGES of AMC talk?
AMC is redheaded stepchild....but I like em! I would love to have a clean rambler American to swap something into!

Our local Mopar club (All Around Mopars - WA state) have welcomed Rambler/AMC cars for years. We currently have a couple Ramblers, an AMX and a S/Crambler on the club roster. Hell yeah they're Mopars!!!!

here's an idea, and i KNOW i am gonna get flack over this one, but hell it's an idea anyway.
Lets all chip in, share stock and buy Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, jeep and Ram) back and make it an American owned company again. Isn't that what buying stock was produced for.? L.O.L.
Let's make America great again simply by buying our companies back from the overseas investment groups who have been purchasing this country piece by piece for the last 100 years or more.

The 'real' Chrysler Corporation died long before 1987.
I believe you are correct, but I think they have had wet farts since about 1973. The Magnum model was kind of nice but did not stay long. The lean burn was a promising concept but the electr
onics of the day were lacking. Chrysler had money in the bank when the Saurekrauts bought it. When they sold it a few years later, that money was in the Diamler accounts and they said Chrysler was a nonprofitable business entity. The local dealer was all enthused when Fiasco bought them. Well that was another wet fart. And now Stellaranus? Chrysler Corp started their fall when they lost their real car guy engineers like Tom Gale and let the bean counters with an interest only in dollar signs, make all the decisions. Car guys and gals bought Mopars because of the engineering, not bean counters.
Back in the '60's, if you got 100,000 miles out of a Chevy, it was clapped out. The Mopars were still going strong. In the '40's and '50's a lot of NYC taxis were Dodges with the flathead six because they would go 300,000 miles putting around the city. Now taxis do hold an advantage in running all day so they get warmed up and well lubed. But stop and go traffic loads the rings.

here's an idea, and i KNOW i am gonna get flack over this one, but hell it's an idea anyway.
Lets all chip in, share stock and buy Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, jeep and Ram) back and make it an American owned company again. Isn't that what buying stock was produced for.? L.O.L.
Let's make America great again simply by buying our companies back from the overseas investment groups who have been purchasing this country piece by piece for the last 100 years or more.
and build in Kenosha..... it would be Dodge * a division of AMC :)

Wow, off line since Wednesday due to a fine f#@king by my phone company, and I missed FIVE PAGES of AMC talk?
AMC is redheaded stepchild....but I like em! I would love to have a clean rambler American to swap something into!
Rambler had some "conservative" styling, but the engineering was generally solid. The instrument panels always looked about a decade behind the times.
For me a Studebaker Champion to slip a 354 Hemi into would be fine.

Very interesting point of view. Never heard it said that way before. Thank you for a new perspective!
He is just pointing out the truth in history. All car companies are a collection of parts. And the parts will continue to evolve. .

Rambler had some "conservative" styling, but the engineering was generally solid. The instrument panels always looked about a decade behind the times.
or a golden hawk. maybe
Dad had a Champion in dark blue when I was young. I still think it was gorgeous. More streamlined front than the Hawk. The Golden Hawks are nice also.
There is something wrong with me. I like and prefer the Packard Hawk version. Most stude lovers hate it.

There is something wrong with me. I like and prefer the Packard Hawk version. Most stude lovers hate it.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That is part of what makes life interesting. We all have different points of view and can appreciate that in others. My viewpoint is what a person has access to and wants.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That is part of what makes life interesting. We all have different points of view and can appreciate that in others. My viewpoint is what a person has access to and wants.
actually, not many OLD cars i don't like. newer ones not do much. after all look at all the things you can do for 80 grand for a new ram, invested in an old car of any year make or model..

"Growing up" (I don't actually think I ever did), our neighbor had one that I fell in love with- to this day I'd love to find one to fix up into a solid cruiser (or a Hawk- even the Packard variety). But alas, if I dragged home yet another project my wife would probably filet me and serve me up on the grill.... well done.

-
Back