Did you ever take your car out of storage too early?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
For some reason I only paid for storage till March 12, so I had to go get my car out earlier then I really wanted too. The good part was that the car started fairly quickly, and I didn't see any leaks. The bad part was the guy had a all gravel driveway, so as I pull out mud is getting everywhere. Then as Im driving I still see a lot of snow. I kind of felt like a dumb ***. The roads were dry however so that's a good thing. I'm sure there's plenty of salt left. I guess... Life goes on, but it didn't seem like a very good decision on my part. At least the car is home! :)

**** happens I just pulled my car out for 15 min the other day ran it a bit and put gas in it started and ran like a champ but wont be out untill april :)

i wait to about early april after the salt has washed off to start, and go for a ride.

Winter suck's, time to move south!!!!!!
i am working on doing just that. my buddy down south has been cruising alot since february, leaves his cars outside all winter starts them and drives them around once a week between december and january. i cant even leave my car in the driveway without salt dust getting on it from passing traffic.

You guys don't know how lucky you are. I'm not going to be able to get to my car for a month,let alone bring it out.

Storage? What the heck is that? This was day before yesterday...

IMG_0249.jpg

I took my car out of "storage", washed it, and took it for a drive, and put it back yesterday.

IMG_0119.jpg

For some reason I only paid for storage till March 12, so I had to go get my car out earlier then I really wanted too. The good part was that the car started fairly quickly, and I didn't see any leaks. The bad part was the guy had a all gravel driveway, so as I pull out mud is getting everywhere. Then as Im driving I still see a lot of snow. I kind of felt like a dumb ***. The roads were dry however so that's a good thing. I'm sure there's plenty of salt left. I guess... Life goes on, but it didn't seem like a very good decision on my part. At least the car is home! :)
Wash the car,park it.I,d wait til April showers wash ALL salt from roads before cruising.:supz::salute:

Pulled the car out last week-end, took the cover off it, dusted car off and took it to local car show during 'blizzard' conditions.

Had to put a light jacket on after the sun went down.

I lived my 1st 26 years in Ohio. I know what you northern guys are going thru.
Ever ride a motorcycle at -13?

Took mine out last week, cleaned it up and drove it for the last few days. Had rain here the last couple of days so... the cars goes back into the shop for another couple of weeks.

Attachments

• DSC02001.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 240
There's no such thing as storage here in Florida. I drive my cars all year long:toothy5:. MMG

You guys can have that southern stuff...spent close to 16 years in AZ, was 15 to many for me. My trip to Az probably will not happen til the mid-end of May, I am already dreading it. More to life than cruising........

shoot, storage?????????????. i drive mine every single day.lol thats what i built it for, but i hate putting fuel in it though, daily.lmao

here she is, all nice and dirty.lol

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 236
I took mine out today and then put it away today o wait that was just in and out of it's parking spot since it's my DD :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Attachments

• r44.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 171
Man, spring makes winter all worthwhile. I love it. I lived in Florida for a few years and really really missed the seasons. Gonna be in the 60's today which is cold for you Southerners I suppose. :)

I always drive the cars I build so they never go into storage. What kinda life is that for a car?

took mine out ,took pics,and since i run a storage place put it away again.

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 006.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 007.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Picture 009.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 106
Mine is in the garage. Just 5 feet from the house. The only time the Duster
see's snow is when I open the door to get something out of the garage.
The drive way and street are clean of snow and ice. I really have the itch
to get it out. I will wait till we get some rain, to wash off all the salt.
I hope to get it out soon.
I like to at least take it for a ride up and down the street on my birthday,
on april 7th. That will keep me happy till I can keep it out for good.
Just remember: A day without Mopar, Is like a day without sunshine.

Attachments

• 1 duster burn out.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 116
-
Back