Diet to quit smoking

-
Also, when you check your blood sugar, do it in the morning before coffee or food or anything else. If your in the 140 plus range you may be a diabetic.

Thank you SGBARRACUDA, I will walk over and check it tomorrow morning.

BE VERY Careful with the Chantix / Champix. I took it for 6 weeks and have quit smoking for more than 4 months now. I do not even know what it is like to be a smoker anymore. It has also caused me to pretty much quit drinking. I know several people who have taken the drug and have very good luck with it. That stuff flat out kicked my as$! when i quit taking it. I was off work for two weeks with various side effects. Health Canada announced this week that it is adding additional warnings to the labling of the drug. Do some research on your own before taking it. Good luck!
I think I will do it with out this drug because I am elegaic to so many and
I am scared of them already I will try Commit lozenges and get this addition behind me.

Tony That does feel good , I will Hang in there and win this one. Thank you for your prayers bud.

If I were to do it again, I would probably try something similar to what you are doing. I think it is important that you are mentally prepaired to quit, kinda like the mind over matter thing. Start by putting a smoke money jar on the counter and put the money you would use to buy smokes in it and watch it grow parts for Victoria. You can do it!!

That is an excellent goal(an ATV)I have a 08,650 CAN-AM.It,s my 2nd one,I bought my 1st one 5 years ago and have enjoyed riding and siteseeing very much.You can do it MeMike.

december 07 006.jpg

If I were to do it again, I would probably try something similar to what you are doing. I think it is important that you are mentally prepaired to quit, kinda like the mind over matter thing. Start by putting a smoke money jar on the counter and put the money you would use to buy smokes in it and watch it grow parts for Victoria. You can do it!!
Time to find a jar :cheers: Thank you Mrpatel
I think I can feel my ching coming back :cheers:

That is an excellent goal(an ATV)I have a 08,650 CAN-AM.It,s my 2nd one,I bought my 1st one 5 years ago and have enjoyed riding and siteseeing very much.You can do it MeMike.

Got me a new screen saver know for inspiration pettybludart =P~

Here's another inspiration for ya Mike.......LOL

You can

memike, maybe I should join you & Racerex1 & give quiting a serious try this time. I'm 56 & have been smoking since my early teens. Every time I've tried to quit I haven't been able to get past the third day. I think it's the upstairs thing, I have it in my head that it's relaxing.

You said you wanted ppl to pray for you and I will do that. After trying to quit drinking too many times to count I was told how. Even after it was destroying everything around me, my family, my morals, and even my mopars were rotting nothing worked. Until someone told me you need to decide to "serve" Jesus Christ, not just claim him as Savior. I've been quit drinking for almost 3 years now I reckon (not exactly sure)

On top of this I finally took the same approach to the cigarettes, after smoking 11 years, I asked God to deliver me from them. It wasn't easy but you have to stay in prayer. My wife still smokes and I never changed my diet or anything like that, though I heard I should. I just love my caffine too much. I still have no desires or urges for them. My main reason for quitting was the example my kids will see and the other neighborhood kids, and kids at church that come around and think my cars are cool.

I don't work at a church, I'm not a pastor or youth minister. I just a guy, that makes Timken bearings and likes mopars. But I've chosen to serve the Lord in my daily life, where ever that leads. Any ways, you want a sure fire way to quit, thats it. (another thing, not every man that attends church "serves" God) Good luck and God bless.
Dietz

Good luck on your quest Memike, Your on the right track when you say you "want to do it for yourself". I know that everyone around you means so much to you. They will be the ones that give you the moral support when you are weak. Looks like you got one hell of a mixture on that table.......If you take on this venture and stick with it I will do the same. I've also smoked for way too long.

Good morning, A hot cup of coffee in front of me and oat meal on the stove getting ready to jump in my belly, I can here my wife drying her hair getting ready for work, I did some deep breathing like Tony Fields said and the ash tray is no longer on my computer table, Looking at pettybludart Ca=Am four wheeler on my screen saver put my brain to work first thing this morning.
Time to throw some bread in the toaster and raisons in my oatmeal and have a small breakfast.

Thank you for you inspiration this morning.

Mornin Memike,scren saver eh ? I go out riding with friends every Sat. this past Sat. seen coyote and 8 deer right in front of me.We have a very big creek,valley that runs through town(valley is 400 foot walls)great trails and creek crossing,also go ice fishing with the quad.You,ve seen my e-mail name!Every ride is fresh air and exercise!Set your mind..your gonna love it.(you,ll get back in spots you,ve never been(fishing,hunting)

5297972225_0.jpg

n500499169_555944_3929.jpg

Quadin Pics 005.jpg

3533403905_0.jpg

Don't forget you need to exericse!!!

You are keeping me reminded 71produster,:cheers: A drive to the bank and back then a walk to the fishing hole with pictures when I get back.:-D

Thank you.

Wow !! That sounds and looks like a great time out with friends
We have a search and rescue team hear that looks allot like your crew of friends and there four wheelers and some on horse back.
I should consider joining in when the day comes to own my own four wheeler

I am getting new inspirations this morning.:cheers:
This looks like a grew ready to go out and find a missing child or adult.

n500499169_555944_3929.jpg

I smoked for thirty one years and quit 1 year 10 months ago and haven't looked back. The stuff upset my stomach for 10 minutes right after I took
it twice a day but it works. It shut down the brain craving jitters. Once I
quit and started exercising I got more energy. It is not a overnight process but it is worth the trip. Go see your doctor and get checked out and get a prescription for this stuff. Good Luck.

Thats what it looks like.lol Mike I told my daughter I was quiting the umpteenth time after smoking Marlboro reds for 30 years and she laughed and said Dad you cant quit. That is what it took. She gave me the commitment to do what I said. You dont want to tell your kids something and not live up to it. I paced the floors when not working for 3 months jonesing for a smoke and everytime i was breaking down i,d think about my daughter laughing saying you cant quit. Cant let your kids` down. beef jerky works great. Not fattening and keeps your mouth and hand that held the smoke buzy. When you want a smoke grab a piece of jerky. The harder and tougher the better. Idle time is when you want to smoke the most so stay buzy.9 years smoke free and counting. i even have a cigarrette once or twice a year now when im out with smokers in a bar and dont need to keep smoking. I,ve definately kicked the addiction. Daredevil

I smoked for twelve years. This March will be my 10 year anniversary of being smoke free.

Cigarette addiction comes in two parts. There is a physical addiction to the nicotine (and whatever other god-awful crap they put in the things), and a psychological addiction to the act of smoking.

The physical part of the addiction lasts approximately 3 days. The trick is, every time you get some of it in your system, it basically starts over. This is why cutting down doesn't work, and also why the gum and patch have such lousy success ratios. It does get much better after you get past this part.

The psychological part is the toughest to kick, and that varies widely by personality type. I was mega-addicted, and this part was very difficult for me.

Here are some things that helped me.

Decide on a day to go cold turkey, not further away than two weeks. It allows you time to build up some psychological fortitude.

Change your routines. Take a different way to work, shop at different stores. Avoid the places you used to smoke.

Throw away all your smokes and paraphernalia. Its easier to avoid temptation if you have to go buy out and buy them.

Caffeine and other stimulants make the nic-fits worse. Alcohol too. Avoid them.

I put up a calendar, and every night before bed would mark down another smoke-free day. After you've got a good string of days marked down, it's reassuring, and you don't want to have to start over on it.

I went nuts on skittles. Trying different color combinations, different numbers at a time. Sounds nuts, I know. I didn't gain any weight though. My business partner sought solace in chips when he quit and put on about 10 pounds. Everybody's different.

Ask the wife and kids for help and support. Tell them you might be a little grumpy, but your just trying to be healthier.

Remember, it only takes one.

I have a very addictive personality, and when I was trying to quit, my room-mate switched to my brand! Also couldn't throw out his ashtrays and stuff. If I can do it, anybody can.

I've been quit for almost 10 years now, and I am in the best shape of my life. Food tastes better, I can do more, and concentrate better. I can be a real bastard about people smoking around me too. (yes, I'm one of those guys).

Good Luck

Steve

Memike,
I smoked for 16 years. I quit on New Years Eve of 1999. I woke up every day after that saying, "I don't smoke anymore". Willpower and self discipline are strong factors here. I would even go to the bars with my buddies and they would light up in front of me while drinking(the hardest time to resist). Stick to you guns and do what you set out to do.
For a cleansing, GNC has a good total cleansing program in a box. Its for a week. Helps detoxify your body. Also try juicing with veggies, ginger, etc. That helps too.

I just got back from the bank and post office and stoped by a station that has a great lunch to go, Greens corn bread and mashed potato's and a Gatorade, It is 30 F out side so I am going to bundle up and take that walk
I need. A little windy but I will be fine.

Half or less of one when I got in the car to worm it up and snubbed it out.
And said No!! to myself.:cheers:

I got myself about a 1 /1/2 hour walk in today for the first time in a long time.

Here is where I cross the fence at and start out around the pasture

I seen the old man tree and took a coupld shot's of it with a January noon sun hitting him. No cigarettes in my pocket.:cheers:

do not smoke 001.jpg

do not smoke 011.jpg

do not smoke 013.jpg

do not smoke 010.jpg

do not smoke 005.jpg

-
Back