digi-tails led tail light inserts

-

swingtown

master of the mech. thing
Reaction score
I just ordered a set for my '69 dart. anybody have a set on there ride? or dealt with this company?

They are nice but paying $180 a set for something with 10 bucks worth of materials in it goes against my grain a little. :)
You can get boards, LED's and resistors for about 1/20th of that if you can follow a simple schematic and solder you can make them.
I even have a link around here that you put in how many LEDs wide x How many LED's long plus thier voltage/amperage needs, and it tells you how to wire them and with what resistors.

If not, well?

I was going to buy them, and tossed it around for quite sometime but like Trailbeast said, to spendy for me. I would be interested in that link you have Greg if you can find it.

My brother in law works for Clarion and does lots of light setups on the side! He's a master of this and I know he's made big money selling setups to the tuner crowd! I believe some of the halos and headlight setups he's done for some of those tuner cars have been in the $1500 range!

Seems like a lot, but people are willing to pay for the convienience of just dropping them in! Geof

I have em in mine and love them! Worth the money in my opinion. They cost a whole lot less than some people pay in a month for bottled water, coffee, cigarettes, fast food etc.

we have them.. :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMGv1YlBLM"]70 dart diga-tails - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSQ7f_Svqiw&list=UUyT1X2Pe3906L25UmQIuXOQ&index=143"]digitails.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I was going to buy them, and tossed it around for quite sometime but like Trailbeast said, to spendy for me. I would be interested in that link you have Greg if you can find it.

Trailbeast, Im curious about that link too. Im willing to risk $20 to save $200...LOL

I'll find it and post it when I do.

I have a link to a website or something like that where there is a utility that lays it all out for you depending on how many rows and columns of LED's wanted.

AH Ha, here it is http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

I dealt with these people for a customers job. Definitely not a real company. I think it's someones part time gig.

and you couldn't be more wrong..

not a big company. think they only have like 6 guys total but they are real and do a lot of different stuff. they have done things for air ride and a lot of things for the government.

There's a lot of good info for the "do it yourselfers" to be found online. In most cases they make it look waaaay to simple and easy. For tiny surface mounted electrical components like LEDs... Those of you who are old enough will recall 8mm movie film and projectors. That is the same machinery and magazine design used where robotics are picking these tiny parts off the film and placing them in solder beds. Designing, programing and all the other aspects of that type product mfging isn't cheap.
To do it by hand, The flux brush, .125 diameter solder, and burns-o-matic torch you bought for plumbing repairs aint gonna work. LOL
I once took the face panel of my Kenwood stereo head unit apart and replaced the 1mm square blue LEDs with red ones. I proved to myself I could do it ( I already had every thing needed on hand ) but I wouldn't do it again for any amount of money. Granted these were some of the smallest LEDs available.
Not everyone has the dexterity of a surgeon. I certainly do not. So... If you think you have the skills and you're wiling to gather the proper materials, tools, and work station, go for it. If you're pretty sure you belong to the average joe class, don't waste your time and money. Save up and buy retail.

shopping

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...mg&ei=J7iJVPfvLcKgyQSqloH4CQ&ved=0CMIBEKkrMAU

I am thinking of using these. Just drill a 3/4" hole and they pop in 1 for tail and 2 for brake. They are super durable, use them at work on truck beds.

Here is the place we ordered our under cabinet lights. Enough choices to blow your mind

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Does anyone know if the 69's are compatible with the 67's?

There's a lot of good info for the "do it yourselfers" to be found online. In most cases they make it look waaaay to simple and easy. For tiny surface mounted electrical components like LEDs... Those of you who are old enough will recall 8mm movie film and projectors. That is the same machinery and magazine design used where robotics are picking these tiny parts off the film and placing them in solder beds. Designing, programing and all the other aspects of that type product mfging isn't cheap.
To do it by hand, The flux brush, .125 diameter solder, and burns-o-matic torch you bought for plumbing repairs aint gonna work. LOL
I once took the face panel of my Kenwood stereo head unit apart and replaced the 1mm square blue LEDs with red ones. I proved to myself I could do it ( I already had every thing needed on hand ) but I wouldn't do it again for any amount of money. Granted these were some of the smallest LEDs available.
Not everyone has the dexterity of a surgeon. I certainly do not. So... If you think you have the skills and you're wiling to gather the proper materials, tools, and work station, go for it. If you're pretty sure you belong to the average joe class, don't waste your time and money. Save up and buy retail.

That is true Redfish.
I do computer mainboard and electronics repairs at times so I tend to tell people something is easy when it may be impossible for some.
I forget that sometimes.

the shape of the 67-69 valiant tails lend themselves to simply cutting down some led trailer lights and fitting them into the stock tail light housings. ..might be an option for some.

-
Back