dirt circle track alignment settings needed

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
1/3 mile high banked rough dirt track. 63 dart 360/904/7&1/4 drum brakes manual steering P205/R70/15 street M&S tires. caster camber toe. thank you very much for your time/input

!/4-3/8 toe out to start can go as high as 1/2". RF castor 3.5 to 5*Positive LF castor 1to2 deg..positive. RF camber 3 to 5 deg neg (top leaning in.) You can space the lower balljoint/spindle with washers to get this.. LF camber as much as you can get out of it up to 5* positive(top lean out) I have ground down the pads on the spindle to pull the bottom in. also offset upper bushings installed to make upper as long as possible. Good luck
I just noticed you have manual steering. you may have to reduce the castor settings to reduce effort. I hope you are usesing the 16-1 box. if not there is know way your going to keep up with the steering inputs. even then its going to be tough. HIGHLY recommend power steering.

you ever going to get that thing on the track? seems like you been working on it forever.

Big tires on one side and little tires on the other. Go fast, turn wheel hard, slide sideways, repeat.

Pics also required for this type of post:wtf:
Patience brother! EDIT I have /6 & v8 torsion bars, which should go on which side? and I have an aftermarket (stiffer) trans mount but I read something about if there ain't enough "give" in the (2) eng (1) trans mount that it could crack the trans case. the OE mt is 55 years old. what should I do/use?

Last edited:
Is the 63 same as 65 as far as torsion bars? I use a 1.12" on the RF and a .99" on the LF. I would use the biggest one you have on the RF and maybe one size smaller on LF. If you don't have at least a 1" or bigger for RF i would put a new Lower control arm rubber bump stop in there because it will ride on it especially on a rough track. remove the upper bumpers both sides.

Is the 63 same as 65 as far as torsion bars? I use a 1.12" on the RF and a .99" on the LF. I would use the biggest one you have on the RF and maybe one size smaller on LF. If you don't have at least a 1" or bigger for RF i would put a new Lower control arm rubber bump stop in there because it will ride on it especially on a rough track. remove the upper bumpers both sides.
Good info, thank you

pics
SAM_1154.JPG

[/QUOTE]

SAM_1155.JPG

SAM_1156.JPG

As dry as most promoters prepare the track most guys set their cars up to drive straight rather than back em into the corners anymore.

I'd ditch the front caster stagger... rear stagger depends on track size.

3-4° rf negative camber. 2° lf camber.

Toe in maybe 3/8".

If legal run a rear motor plate and ditch the rear trans mount.

Install an electric power steering unit from a Saturn Vue or similar small car. Easy to install, light, no hoses or brackets just welds into the steering shaft inline. Hide it because some moron will cry. Couple wire hook up. Amazingly effective. You can find install info on YouTube.

Run a smaller than stock steering wheel to quicken the steering. You'll find 6-1 boxes being used in the GM cars...

This must be a street stock type deal?

Last edited:
Tire stagger 2 inch taller on the right side at our tracks here in northeast Arkansas, good info in this thread. Love the more door build going on here. :thumbsup:

-
Back