Disappointed,

-
I watch it unfold every day.
LMAO
How about telling people where to get the best deal on something, they ignore you, they spend more someplace else, then brag about the deal they got...
Gotta love those people. Aren’t you glad your not related?
....and help it unfold in most circumstances.
LMAO
I love how some simply respond to a thread to show off their ****, without helping the OP AT ALL.
Why is it car guys gotta brag the most?
Humility goes a long ways....
A lesson not yet learned by many.
Exactly. It always ends up with a maximum horsepower engine build when the op just want's a little more pep with his 318 using some bolt on parts.
Hold up, wait a minute, that’s Dan the man’s thread now, just scoot on over there to continue this thought…

How about the OP who says "the engine won't start, what's wrong"

Or asks a question without mentioning what year, what car, what engine, what trans, what modifications, what was last done.

How about the OP who says "the engine won't start, what's wrong"

Or asks a question without mentioning what year, what car, what engine, what trans, what modifications, what was last done.

Reminds me, my stepdaughter once asked, my car won't crank, what's wrong? Dead battery. No, it turns over, it just won't crank

Reminds me, my stepdaughter once asked, my car won't crank, what's wrong? Dead battery. No, it turns over, it just won't crank
:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: I dealt with that for 12 years at the dealer service desk. Cranks but won't start and won't crank are 2 different things.

Customer comes in with issue, we take customer and vehicle for test drive to verify complaint, give them an idea of issue, - to be followed by phone call.
I seldom related the customers suggestions as to what their sister's boyfriend's mother's car once had similar yada yada ..
Because it'd sooo often have a mechanic wasting time checking somethings irrelevant .
If something needed passing along I'd note to " see me".
We already have an idea, but thanks .

Sometimes there is merit in telling a guy his stock 318 is **** and not worth throwing a 4 barrel on
Like an AMC diplomat....
Is a bastard step child at best... lol..
OIC.. when "your" calling someone's stuff "****"....

Let’s face it. People don’t want to know the right answer, they want to know the easy answer.

Like the tire is only flat on the bottom. That must be where the leak is.
They want the easy answer and they want it on a silver platter and done FOR them. They don't care anything about learning something along the way.

I really enjoy AJ's posts and consider him an awesome member of the group.

I do, however, think this post is pretty funny :rofl:
I absolutely agree with you 100% and 100 times over. But he loves to see himself in type is all I can say. I love the guy, but dammit man.

My sister drove my dad's car to school. Parked it then went to class.
She came out to move the car before the meter maid came by.

It would not turn over, no click, nothing.

She called my dad, he came from work 20 minutes away.

He got in put the car in park and started it right up. :lol:

My sister drove my dad's car to school. Parked it then went to class.
She came out to move the car before the meter maid came by.

It would not turn over, no click, nothing.

She called my dad, he came from work 20 minutes away.

He got in put the car in park and started it right up. :lol:
That reminds me of the time that another one of my stepdaughters got stuck in our Mercedes after driving it to the store. Would not move. Called me, I drove over to she was, got in the car, started it and moved it no problem. Turns out the girl had been trying to put it in gear while her finger was pushing the park button.

Another time, she drove her own car to the store, parked with the wheels turned full left, and cut the switch off before letting go of the wheel. When she came back out to the car, she could not turn the ignition switch. Her husband tried to explain to her that she needed to turn the steering wheel to the left to take the pressure off, then turn the ignition on. Could not get through to her, so he had to drive to the store himself to rescue her.

I guess we're getting a bit off the original subject of online advice, but it's sort of related?

#45, kick the tires. Then turn the key to Start with the right hand while Googling cute cat videos to make the dog in the passenger seat jealous, and eating a tuna fish sandwich @ 3:47 am on Sat morning.

Just like this thread? It started out lamenting about people giving advice on FaceBook, then it morphed into people giving advice on FABO, and now we're talking about customers complaints on the service drive.

They want the easy answer and they want it on a silver platter and done FOR them. They don't care anything about learning something along the way.
That's a big 10-4. Instant answers. Why look it up myself when someone else will do it for me.

Like an AMC diplomat....
Is a bastard step child at best... lol..
OIC.. when "your" calling someone's stuff "****"....
Nice try on the attempt to bait me

You'll have to try harder though. If you don't get the joke behind my username, then I can't help you

You sir are 100% correct. Because we learned this hobby walking swapmeets and networking and busting our knuckles we see things VERY differently. What I am finding is a majority want to plug in a computer and press a button. Or what happened to Harley Davidson. What was a rough and tumble crowd on a greasy smelly bad as bike turned into weekend warriors taking a break from their Law career or dentistry business. Ride the weekend and drop off at the dealer to add more chrome. lol!

Just like this thread? It started out lamenting about people giving advice on FaceBook, then it morphed into people giving advice on FABO, and now we're talking about customers complaints on the service drive.

Sorta, - it was driving the vehicle to verify what the customer wants us to attend to, usually driving them to work/etc .
Sometimes an annoying rattle in the back, just needed the trunk opened, and the golf clubs shifted. . No charge !

-
Back