disc brake conversion

-

twister01

Reaction score
Question of the day. I bought a 1972 dodge dart . its a v-8 car . drum front brakes. He gave me all the hard parts to convert it to disc. So I bought new bearings seals calipers etc to find out they are not 73 and up brackets can you help identify what these are?
thanks Dave

Attachments

• 20160116_124228.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 20160116_124449.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 316
question , I did a search couldn't find the part numbers. But I am finding some people have the calipers mounted in front side of the rotor and I found some mounted to the rear of the rotor whats the correct location.

These are 11" rotors. ok so my spindles are 73 and up A body. I just need to figure out if my caliper brackets are pin style or bolt .

ok so just found out my spindles are not 73 and up the inner bearing dia. is 1 1/4 " now I am really confused what I have.

E-Berg printed up a spreadsheet in HR magazine(I think) way back in the early 2000s detailing all that stuff. I forget it all, and my cars are under snow right now, so I cannot help any further.
A close-up of the bracket, showing the whole bracket would help.

EDIT see below; MoparAction, MA magazine. Big thanks to Clroads

thanks for your help . I ordered a set of calipers and pads for a 76 charger that should be the right calipers. The only thing I am not finding is why me spindle inner bearing diameter is only 1 1/4 " . I will pull the old bearing and seal and run some numbers to find those replacements. thanks Dave

question , I did a search couldn't find the part numbers. But I am finding some people have the calipers mounted in front side of the rotor and I found some mounted to the rear of the rotor whats the correct location.

A bodies came with them front mounted. But that can interfere with a sway bar. The can be mounted at the rear with out any issues. Just make sure the bleeder is at the top.

A bodies came with them front mounted. But that can interfere with a sway bar. The can be mounted at the rear with out any issues. Just make sure the bleeder is at the top.

I'd like to add,Almost, without issues,Cuz you have to be careful of where and how the hoses are routed, cuz you are re-engineering, and it's your responsibility to make sure those brakes never fail, due to your not paying attention to stuff.

I'd also like to add that I think my 1980 F-body has 'em on the rear side. I like them on the rear.Why,IDK. Why do I like 1959 Belaire tailfins better than 1960,IDK. Why do I prefer Redheads,IDK. I have no problem figuring out why I like my wife. Life's just like that....

-
Back