disc brake problem.....

-

70-duster

Reaction score
I have a 71 Duster that came with factory disc brakes. I rebuilt the front calipers, replaced the hoses, and put a new master cylinder on it. My problem is that I cannot get any fluid to the back brakes by pumping the pedal. I disconnected the linee at the rear distribution block and pumped the brakes and got nothing. I then took an air gun and blew the line out and sprayed the brake fluid out of the resevoir. Still didn't get any fluid out. Is there something I am missing here or do you think i have a bad prop valve? This is all that is stopping me from putting the car on the road, no pun intended.:dontknow:

Did you bench bleed the master before installing it? Can you crack the master line for the rear brakes and get fluid to come out when you push the pedal?

If you didn't bench bleed it, there's your problem. Most master cylinders mount at an angle with the front resevior pointing up. That's bad if you haven't bench bled it. Air will get trapped up in the top front of the master cylinder....and that small front resevior is for the rear brakes. you will never get all of that air out without bench bleeding the master cylinder at a level angle.

-
Back