disk brake lines

-

Waco Demon

Reaction score
I have a 1972 Demon that I did a disk brake conversion with all 73 a body parts . got my car up on jack stands and when you turn the wheel all the way to one side the line are tight the lines a new 73 dart lines . Any ideas on a longer line .
Thank you Waco Demon

is the suspension at full drop how ya have it on jack stands? or are the stands under the control arms?

I have to assume you have the calipers positioned to the rear of the rotor instead of the front. I know it seems like the lines would be tighter still with the calipers forward but... the line would route diagonally through/across and wouldn't stretch in any condition. Anyway.... short of switching the knuckles left and right to get proper OEM arrangement, F-body Aspen Volare lines will work.

Pin or slider calipers? If pin type, get flex lines for a 70-72 E/B body.

Jack stands are under frame
Waco Demon

then the suspension is dropped fully? i don't know any time that would happen in the real world.. check them with all the weight on the front suspension and see what they look like then..

... i don't know any time that would happen in the real world..
Have you seen a Dukes of Hazard episode? Those cars were in the air more than on the ground. One reason Chargers are rare today, and they must have destroyed half the 68's in SoCal during filming. You would surely get dissed today driving around w/ a confederate flag painted on top.

Have you seen a Dukes of Hazard episode? Those cars were in the air more than on the ground. One reason Chargers are rare today, and they must have destroyed half the 68's in SoCal during filming. You would surely get dissed today driving around w/ a confederate flag painted on top.

They run the special 14 inch lines ;P on the Dukes Charger.

Calipers are on the forward side
Waco Demon

In that case I don't know. Maybe what seems tight isn't too tight. Can you post a pic of what you have ?
You don't want to stretch the hose or cause a sharp bend at its metal connections. I do know the aftermarket makers will short us every fraction they can. I ran into this problem with a lower radiator hose. Gates hose was as long as OEM so I could push it all the way onto the nipples. Store/china brand was hardly long enough to get under the clamps.

I was just recently told by right stuff if you run the caliper in front you need a 18 inch long brake hose the 15 inch will be to short.....how true that statement is I am not sure.

I wonder if the attach location at the frame rail changed over the years. I never noticed a difference there.

Don't assume the factory is "always right," either. Somewhere in the late 70's? eighties? Dodge pickups, the front hoses were way way too short. You'd get them on a hoist (or just imagine getting the front end extended that far) and the hoses would be pulling on the end crimps.

-
Back