DIY quality paint job

-
what are you a jerk-off? did you read what i wrote? there is no bugs or dust in the paint. about the light. the sun is still the best light to see your work. you can disagree, but, who cares?

please do not come at me like this because i called you a snitch on another thread of yours!. pm me your problem. p.c tough-guy

No I just think that it's funny that the title of the thread is "Quality DIY paint jobs" and you are recommending for someone to paint outside, because it offers the best light.

kewl your jets there trigger...your paintjob looks great and he may not realize that its true what your saying but no need to git your panties in a wad
what are you a jerk-off? did you read what i wrote? there is no bugs or dust in the paint. about the light. the sun is still the best light to see your work. you can disagree, but, who cares?

please do not come at me like this because i called you a snitch on another thread of yours!. pm me your problem. p.c tough-guy

no i just think that it's funny that the title of the thread is "quality diy paint jobs" and you are recommending for someone to paint outside, because it offers the best light.

here are just a few i have done in the last year, and you tell me...............................

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 001.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 004.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 241
  • 009.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 250
  • 021.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 026.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 242
and more

Attachments

• pics10 163.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 235
  • pics10 162.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 226
  • car2 004.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 238
  • car2 001.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 245
I was wrong. Those are amazing. How about a close up of your reflection? BTW thanks for the insecure psyco pm. Loved it. My wife and I both had a good laugh.

sorry, all have sold and moved on :) the next one i will be sure to take some of your requested pics, and you will see,..... no orange peel, or dust/particles in paint!

I've been painting in the '' garage'' since 1986 when i bought the house and have painted 100's of cars. yes you can get show quality paint but you need a good exhaust fan, a big compressor, good lighting,and a clean shop,
This 62 bubble top i did in Aug the pic's are shitty cell phone one's.
I never had too water sand and polish a complete yet just the odd drip here and there LOL, the first one i painted was my 55 Chev and i did that in my parents garage in 1979 i'll have to scan some more pic's of my paint work!!!:burnout:
340 plot your out door paint work looks great i too have painted in the out doors with great results!!!!

Attachments

• IMG00129-20110812-2059.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG00126-20110812-2058.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 204
I just did mine in my condo parking stall. its not a show quality paint job but then i don't have a show quality car. for my purposes it will look just fine.

Attachments

• 009_1_1.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 005_1_2.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 015_1_1.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 196
My jobs in a crappy garage turn out well! I built a room out of poly and went to town.

This is one of the last ones.

Attachments

• 885comp.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 887comp.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 173
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, what size air compressor is recommended?

for the record, I have not seen a bad job here yet, inddor or out. They all look great.

it most certainly is possible to get a show quality paintjob in your garage...plenty of magazine cars built by thier owners and painted in thier garage! Best part is...you get the pride of saying it was all you.! practice on some old sheeetmetal or unseen interior panels 1st!. Then as every painter has ever told me..the prep is 90%of the deal! Do all of your steps, to the best of your ability...not good enough...the best you got, no matter how much time you have to put in it! It is your car after all, you will find plenty of painters that will only give you "what you paid for, or good enough." Going thru that right now with my own car, got the fenders back from the body shop primed, and trimmed in color. Well the unseen side of the fender and the headlight bucket area arent what I wanted or would have done. The price is good, but I wanted better...may end up redoing it myself next year...in my brother in laws garage! Then when it is all done, make sure you have enough paint on it to sand and rub out...that is a job to potentially pay someone to do. At least I will. Go for it, give it your all, and when it is finished walk around like King Dingaling, knowing that car is all you!!!! Keep us posted, and share tons of pics...we all want to see you do it!

The air compressor size - the bigger the better. 5 hp 50 gal. You need lots of air supply, and you don't want the compressor running constantly cause that's when it starts pumping water on you.
C

-
Back