Do I need to seal the fan shroud to the radiator?

-
i would agree it would help, not really absolutely necessary. you have gone that far, why not? BTW , super clean, looks great !

I wouldn't. To seal the top would bottle up heat when the fans aren't running. Trap dirt and crap in the bottom too.

Yep it wouldnt hurt, use good quality stuff, you wouldnt want the foam/seal to come off and get all would up in the fans! I agree with 73abodee, it sure is purty!!

If the engine runs at the proper temperature, then why bother sealing the shroud? JMO

The reason I ask is because I don't believe it made much difference in engine temp when I took out my two row OE radiator, shroud, fan clutch and fan and went to a three row aluminum radiator with dual electric fans. Granted, it hasn't been as hot lately, but it sits around 190 - 195 on and 80 degree day. I am waiting for a really hot day to see what it does. I had it almost to 220 on a 100 degree day with my old set up.

Thanks for the compliments! Early this week the Coolflex hose and matching reservoir tank will arrive and it will really look nice.

-
Back