DO NOT wash parts in Gasoline

-

mikehobbs

Reaction score
Being an old motorhead, when a parts washer or cleaner was not available my grandfather and I would always wash our old engine parts in a pan filled with gasoline. It does a great job of cleaning the rust and oil off of the items but it is not the cheapest and safest item to use. Let me explain some of the dangers. Hopefully no one from PETA is logged in.

While cleaning engine parts for a resto we were doing, his dog a small black poodle always used to rub itself in the grass where the gas had spilled. I'm sure there was some kind of high he probably got from it.

Well this particular day we had left the pan by the garage after we finished but hadn't disposed of it yet. We had just backed the car out and we were walking back when we noticed the poodle was drinking from the pan filled with gas. We ran to stop him him but it was too late. The dog had ingested some gas and was shaking his head back and forth. When I went to get the dog to make sure he was okay, he took off running like he was insane.

That dog ran around that yard at full tilt for like two minutes and I couldn't stop him. He ran and ran and ran. Finally what seemed like 5 minutes, he just ran to the corner of the yard and fell over motionless.

DID IT KILL HIM??!!!

Nah, He just RAN OUT OF GAS!! LOL!:burnout:

Being an old motorhead, when a parts washers or cleaner was not available my grandfather and I would always wash our old engine parts in a pan filled with gasoline. It does a great job of cleaning the rust and oil off ot the items but it is not the cheapest and safest item to use. Let me explain some of the dangers. Hopefully no one from PETA is logged in.

While cleaning engine parts for a resto we were doing, his dog a small black poodle always used to rub itself in the grass where the gas had spilled. I'm sure there was some kind of high he probably got from it.

Well this particular day we had left the pan by the garage after we finished but hadnt disposed of it yet. We had just backed the car out and were walking back when we noticed the poodle was drinking from the pan filled with gas. We ran to stop him him but it was too late. The dog had ingested some gas and was shaking his head back and forth. When I went to get the dog to make sure he was okay, he took off running like he was insane.

That dog ran around that yard at full tilt for like two minutes and I couldn't stop him. He ran and ran and ran. Finally what seemed like 5 minutes, he just ran to the corner of the yard of fell over motionless.

DID IT KILL HIM??!!!

I bet he had fart burn afterwards!! LOL!

We use turpentine on dogs butts to make them pass worms. put it on a cats *** and he will pass a motorcycle.

Being an old motorhead, when a parts washer or cleaner was not available my grandfather and I would always wash our old engine parts in a pan filled with gasoline. It does a great job of cleaning the rust and oil off of the items but it is not the cheapest and safest item to use. Let me explain some of the dangers. Hopefully no one from PETA is logged in.

Well this particular day we had left the pan by the garage after we finished but hadn't disposed of it yet. We had just backed the car out and we were walking back when we noticed the poodle was drinking from the pan filled with gas. We ran to stop him him but it was too late. The dog had ingested some gas and was shaking his head back and forth. When I went to get the dog to make sure he was okay, he took off running like he was insane.

That dog ran around that yard at full tilt for like two minutes and I couldn't stop him. He ran and ran and ran. Finally what seemed like 5 minutes, he just ran to the corner of the yard and fell over motionless.

DID IT KILL HIM??!!!

I bet he had fart burn afterwards!! LOL!

We use turpentine on dogs butts to make them pass worms. put it on a cats *** and he will pass a motorcycle.

BAD BAD BAD....
Did not realize it was in the joke section, have not laughed that hard in a long time.....

How do you make a cat sound like a dog? Dip him in gas and toss on a match. Wooooof!

How do you make a dog sound like a cat? Freeze him and run him through the table saw. Meeeeeeoooooowwwwww.

At first I fell for the dog rolling in the gas part.
Drinking gas? A match is the obvious next step.

Pretty much feel the same about people.

Stupid kills, but not nearly enough these days.

There was story here a few years back on the local news.A man was roofing all day and got roofing tar on his clothes.So he got the bright idea to put his clothes in the wash machine and pour in some gas to clean them with.Well he got them washed and they came out pretty clean.He then put the clothes into the dryer and turn it on.The dryer blew up and caught his house on fire.The man also suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns..
True story,what a dumb ****

There was story here a few years back on the local news.A man was roofing all day and got roofing tar on his clothes.So he got the bright idea to put his clothes in the wash machine and pour in some gas to clean them with.Well he got them washed and they came out pretty clean.He then put the clothes into the dryer and turn it on.The dryer blew up and caught his house on fire.The man also suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns..
True story,what a dumb ****

That reminds me somewhat of an idiot after Hurricane Gloria struck Long Island back in 1985. Electricity was out all over the Island. Some idiot got the brainstorm of using a shop vac to transfer gasoline from his car's cas tank to run a generator. Kaboom! Burned down his house and himself.

-
Back