Do you ever just smile.

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I am sick in the head but I realized this evening that when I look at my car, I can't help but to smile and think " that is so freaking cool"

How many of you walk away from your car in a parking lot and just have to turn and look and smile. :p

Today I was looking at my 75 as it waits for the 318 to be rebuilt for it. I just couldn't help it, and just smiled at it.

20190811_201301.jpg

Absolutely! I stare at mine all the time!
She was talking about the car!
:lol:
Ok, maybe I am sick in the head but I realized this evening that when I look at my car, I can't help but to smile and think " that is so freaking cool"

How many of you walk away from your car in a parking lot and just have to turn and look and smile. :p

Today I was looking at my 75 as it waits for the 318 to be rebuilt for it. I just couldn't help it, and just smiled at it.

View attachment 1715377524

Yes indeed I do just smile out of no where. People call the cops on me when this happens.

I smile when I fart and I smile a lot.

0C168C11-4E18-4390-B0FC-4BF5C4226462.jpeg

Been staring at the wheels for a year,as the dart sits on rotten old flat tires.
So the crusty car got a little attention.
Dunno why but i got some satisfaction from a simple task.
Maybe i will get to scraping the moss off.
The wheels make me smile....

I catch myself doing that also Rani. I think part of it comes from the satisfaction of knowing how much blood sweat and tears we put into our car. Or how it's going to look and drive when we're done and on the road.

We keep bins for recyclables in the garage. Every time I open the door to toss something in a bin I look over, wink and smile at my car.

66 Cuda Top.JPG

66Cuda ds low rear.JPG

Since I was 19. And that was 45 years ago. We grew up together and have been constant companions.

Last edited:
I have the La-Z-Boy positioned just right where I can relax, stare at the car and smile to my heart's content. Any work I do on it, I spend at least an equivalent amount of time admirin'. That's why Sharon calls me 'Myron.
Love the car pics, Rani and ToolJunkie. They really take me back to just a couple of years ago when mine looked like that, so take heart: Beauty shall follow.

100_4818.JPG

Sometimes I smile sometimes I cry. I know I have a long way to go!! I just want to drive it again!

20180829_104511.jpg

IMG_20190530_165425_619.jpg

IMG_20190530_165425_608.jpg

IMG_2024.JPG
I have the La-Z-Boy positioned just right where I can relax, stare at the car and smile to my heart's content. Any work I do on it, I spend at least an equivalent amount of time admirin'. That's why Sharon calls me 'Myron.
Love the car pics, Rani and ToolJunkie. They really take me back to just a couple of years ago when mine looked like that, so take heart: Beauty shall follow.

View attachment 1715377643
Good to know I am not the only one rocking a lazy boy in the shop. I put casters on bottom so I can roll it out of the way. Sadly my hound (Hemi) has taken it over!

Cool! I wish my ever-lovin' boy Will Henry was here to take mine over but alas he went on to that great sofa in the sky last winter.

And to Dartfreak - Just keep cuttin', weldin', cleanin' and paintin' and yours will come along in good time too.

IMG_0108 2.jpg

100_4847.JPG

Every time I do a little something to change the look or improve my cars i have to pause and smile.

20190715_123250.jpg

Me too, and I thought I was the only one! When I get done working on the car at night, I often pour a frosty adult beverage and sit on my shop stool for a while, just looking at the oh-so-cool lines on the car. I really like the way this is coming together, and now that is has brakes that actually work, I am driving it all over.

100_1915.JPG

Me too, and I thought I was the only one! When I get done working on the car at night, I often pour a frosty adult beverage and sit on my shop stool for a while, just looking at the oh-so-cool lines on the car. I really like the way this is coming together, and now that is has brakes that actually work, I am driving it all over.

View attachment 1715377690
That's a beautiful car! That makes me smile just looking at the photo. It ain't even my car lol

Add me to the list of “sick in the head” people. I do it with my 72 Duster, my 75 Scamp, my 02 Cummins and even my 67 4dr valiant that I may never fix.

Great topic, Rani.
I do that all of the time with all of my cars whether they are drivers, nearly driving, projects, or parts cars.
I often smile or laugh when i think about them or look at them.
I love what i have and the stories about how i got them and their history as i know it.
Also, i like to look at rusty or smashed up old cars in a junk yard and think, this car was new once. Someone liked it and bought it, used it and depended on it, and how did it deteriorate to the point it is now?
When did someone lose interest and decide to let it go and waste away?

Yes, as a matter of fact, i do have a mental illness.............

I don't smile at it that much, but whenever I'm out in the Dart and park it somewhere, I always have to look back at it, sometimes 3 or 4 times as I'm walking away. Just cause I love looking at it, but sometimes to make sure that the spot I picked will be a safe place for it.

Smile at my car? It would be impossible not to!

She’s just drop-dead gorgeous from top to bottom, inside and out!

I smile because of how she looks and all the effort I made to get her that way. It’s a smile of appreciation for what it is now...as well as a smile of satisfaction in what I did to make it happen.

F4C6E29B-3AD0-4A87-AE56-1425E53568BB.jpeg

2A7AACD6-E43E-48CE-A6F7-3D7213736DCB.jpeg

484B9A93-24DA-4FDC-9140-960F94C1AA2E.jpeg

-
Back