Votes: 67 72.0%
  • Nope, I would never do that.

Votes: 26 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Tincup

Reaction score
Just wondering if you name your car, or is that a little weird? I know the big guys do it, but I'm not sure.

All my cars and trucks are named lol Theres Charline, Gramppy, and Lumpy

Yep, named my Dart Mother Fu...ng Pain in the ***....

I'm thinkin about "SLOPOKE" for my tag.

We have a 99 Explorer, named Honeydoo, because it has that little voice recorder in the sun visor, for a honeydoo list.

The 71 Scamp was Scampy.

the 69 Coronet is Midori, cause the night i bought it i had a Midori margarita and it was the same color.

The PT Cruiser was Peetee

I never thought of naming my cars before but I have been herd calling my race car a piece of ******* ****. Does that count?

Kenny

I named my 66 Dart Clareese,it,s from the movie..Silence of the Lambs.It,s like a wolf in sheeps clothing LOL

I still havent came up with a perfect name for my 72 duster.

I find my self just calling it "The Duster" lol.

I call it the Semi Hemi from time to time also because it has poly pistons in it

My Dakota is named Rubin, my Monza is named Roxie, but every time I come up with a name for the Dart I forget what it was. I think that means I haven't found the right name yet....Dean

"The Money Pit"

hahaha, I had a 95 trans am 388 lt1 stroker 6 speed awhile back that I named that LOL.....and then I sold the dang thing (P.s> I suggesst no one work on one of those cars because the engines sit halfway under the dash!).

sorry to taint the thread with GM LOL I just figured I would show you guys some of the work I did.

Attachments

• l_6c34b8b7f435238fa5bc1d9fc5cca75b.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 345
  • l_8425c5bb908b8e68211be1e6fe9202b5.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 339
  • l_a66af57b8615f6615a6b3098edb14895.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 333
I've never understood people buying stuff like "Eddie Baur" Fords. If I had a Ford with somebody else's name on it, I'd expect to get paid royalties, not pay extra for the name. HE is the one advertising.

I've never named any of mine, but I've seen some cute stuff. Save it for the drag racers, says I. Too easy to get jammed up. Years ago, the who-would-later be the first owner of my sixpack car had a 65 350 Chevelle with "Be-beep your ***" stickers on it. Well, this worked OK until this thing showed up, somethin' about a hemi

One of my favorites was "Keep on Trucking" except the "Tr" looked like something completely different.

One year at the Nats I saw a NICE 64/5 racer that said "I don toucha yur woman, you don toucha my car." I thought THAT got the point across.

My turquoise 68 Barracuda Formula S fastback was owned by a buddy of mine when I met him in the mid 80's. He restored the car, drove it a few years then sold it to another friend, Steve. Steve had the car for 10 years or so, and everyone always referred to it as "Lee' car". Everyone in my circle of friends still referred to it as, "Lee's car".
One day, I went to Lee's mother's house and happened to drive the turquoise fastback. I hadn't given it much thought, but it was the first time the car had been in that neighborhood in at least 15 years. Almost as soon as I got out of the car, a little old lady came out of the house across the street and called over to me, "That's Lee's car! Get away from there!"
So, I guess it will always be known as "Lee's car". Even thought about getting personalized plates saying "Lee's car".

Every Coronet I ever had got named. Not by me. By my friends. And the names stuck. There was a red 67 Coronet 440 318 convertible I had in high school and college. Always needed some expensive repair. It was nick named "Bloody Mary" cause it was bleeding me dry. So when I found a survivor white 66 Coronet 500 hardtop and parked it next to the 67 in the driveway, my friends promptly named it "Virgin Mary". Those cars are long gone, but years later, I bought a 67 Coronet 500 convertible that was painted orange. My friends named it "The Pumpkin". The name still sticks even though its now painted red. Finally, my 67 Coronet 500 hardtop was repainted last fall at Maaco to help it survive the winter. Maaco did a pretty nice job for the price and worked real hard to get the correct shade of blue. I will say that the mixture they used may have had a little too much metallic in it. Now its known as, "The Bass Boat".

"Money Shot" Why? Visit www.thesandmshop.com and you'll see our "theme".

duster033.jpg

my 68 valiant had "love bandit" painted on the side of it when i got it...the name is gone now but we still call it that...lol

My wife named my Duster "Dusteen" Cousin of Christine from the Movie. I guess she did this because when I first got the car many years ago, it looked like a junker and after several thousands of $$$ in restoring and replacing old with new the car looks kind of how Christine in the fact that it iskid=nd of rolling back the odometer and looking better with every part I replace.

-
Back