Should you name your ride?

• That's Cool, I named my car.

Votes: 67 72.0%
  • Nope, I would never do that.

Votes: 26 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Just wondering if you name your car, or is that a little weird? I know the big guys do it, but I'm not sure.

We (ABodyBetty & I) do but we cant just hollar to each other;
"Going into town, which car are you taking?"
"The dart."
"I know that Dang it! Which one?":toothy10:

At one time there were 5 of them out there! And we drive em all. Thats the only cars we own to drive! No "Just for show" ponies here, only restorations while driving!

Honestly though, we have found if we bang our heads trying to name, nothing comes. All of ours have named themselves one way or another, ie;

1: Baby, "Man that Baby is one sweet ride!" (said more than once by me and other admirers around town before the name stuck)

2: BOF, We tried to name this car and put that name on her show sign, but after daily driving, breaking down, repairing for a year, she earned her name somewhere in the first month!!! All kinds of parts from Mopars unknown comming together to bring to life the evil ***** known as;
Bride
Of
Frankenstien

3: Fern, ABB said this was her name one day due to her color and name of girl in movie "Jawbreaker" It was right when I was in process of removing the old vinyl top and repainting the roof. Just watched Foose do a palm tree leaf paint job on OverHaulin. I said what the heck, between that show and a picture I'd seen of a mod top Dart while trying to pick new vinyl, I sent ABB to Wallyworld craft isle to get "Fern " leaves to use to paint the roof. Now she looks the part!

4: Lump, While purchasing from some "A" hole in OH, I had to chase him down (for the title) on a back country road in FOTO (our car hauler, stands for FabO TranspOrtation, this was the first load I ever hauled on the truck) with the 74 on back at full speed yelling into the cell phone at this idiot, "Wait till I catch you "F"er! I'm gonna beat your ***! I don't care if this "LUMP" of shite falls off the truck! I'm going to catch you "F" er!!! (while traveling full speed, catching air on the wooptie doos hills. I did finally catch him too, cutting him off sideways at the next stop sign!)
The name stuck from there. "Lump of S--t.:-D

5: Clara, We discussed this name with FABO on a thread and finally settled on this being the suposed name of the original owner. We had gotten her third party from an estate sale via agent, and the name on the title was an impliment company owned by the family. After going to the town the car was from twice and talking with the locals, this was the supposed name of the well loved retired school teacher who owned her.

Well, there ya have it! Born out of need for avoiding arguments:....
"Which Dart are ya taking to town? I need to go get parts and don't want to take the one your driving! Which one has enough gas???":-D

LMAO!!!:toothy10:

(Pics I use on the welcome wagon section when welcoming new members. See FOTO in the background of first pic?)

Attachments

• 1A.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 1B.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 128
My 67 Belvedere was THUMPER because of the way it idled,the 69 Dart is called Buzzin Half Dozen (from the scat pack bee I saw on FABO)

You can't print what I name my cars, usually right after "something happens"

Just wondering if you name your car, or is that a little weird? I know the big guys do it, but I'm not sure.

Yepper... now that I am ole geezer mopar nut I call my ole 70 Green Dart the TURTLECAR. Cause I drives slow nowadays.

-
Back