Do you worry about your car when you take it out?

-
I kinda worry about punk *** kids that like to key nice cars...haters...

If they keyed your daily driver it would cost the same to fix. If you have good collector car insurance, it will have less deductible than your daily driver and actually be cheaper to fix out of your pocket.

I don't see kids picking on an older car just to key it. I don't think they register much on those types of kids' radar. Just as likely or more likely with a new red corvette or Porsche; which will be parked in the same lot most likely. In So Cal high profile, high end, and high attention type cars are common. People are pretty impervious around here. More likely to get keyed or stolen if you were driving a 1990 Civic Si with a fart pipe and rims.

The beach is a madhouse to park at. And tight spaces. I'd a million times be more worried about a door ding than vandalism. Same thing for daily driver. Try to park in an end spot or spot with a car only on one side . Then hug the side without the car to give you more room. Hopefully it's the passengers side you can hug, then unload passengers before you park and really hug that side.

The beach is a just a particular bad place to park. It's free, public, and crowded. It attracts people who are distracted, not paying attention, teenagers, tourists, low life, etc who don't respect other peoples stuff. Usually it's the combination of those elements that's cause the problems.

Reminds me of the time i took our 63 Valiant convert to the mall the day after i painted it in enamel. Parked out at the edge 50 feet from the nearest car. Came out of the mall and what did i see, a station wagon parked 2 feet from the pass. side. Sure as hell there was a scrape in the freshly painted door. Waited, and soon a woman with 3 kids came to her car and again she bumped her door against mine. Mentioned to her what she had done, she didn't even realise that there was a problem. Told her that from the number of preschool kids she had that she was just naturally sloppy. Just figured after that, in a few years the dings and scrapes would be part of the patina. You still got to drive em.

If they keyed your daily driver it would cost the same to fix. If you have good collector car insurance, it will have less deductible than your daily driver and actually be cheaper to fix out of your pocket.

I don't see kids picking on an older car just to key it. I don't think they register much on those types of kids radar. Just as likely or more likely with a new red corvette or Porsche; which will be parked in the same lot most likely. In So Cal high profile, high end, and high attention type cars are common. People are pretty impervious around here. More likely to get keyed or stolen if you were driving a 1990 Civic Si with a fart pipe and rims.

The beach is a madhouse to park at. And tight spaces. I'd a million times be more worried about a door ding than vandalism. Same thing for daily driver. Try to park in an end spot or spot with a car on one side . Then hug the one side of the space to give you more room. Hopefully it's the passengers side you can hug, then unload passengers before you park and really hug that side.

The beach is a just a particular bad place to park. It's free, public, and crowded. It attracts people who are distracted, paying attention, teenagers, tourists, low life, etc who don't respect other people stuff. Usually it's the combination of those elements that's cause problems.

Exactly!!! All good points here.

-
Back