Dodge Durango Saved My Daughters Life Tonight

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
My daughter was involved in a rollover accident today. She was driving the wife's Durango to the market to pick up some groceries for Thanksgiving. She is a new driver having only had her license since September. She was traveling down a two lane country road and an oncoming vehicle was speeding towards her (in the rain) and she needed to swing right quick to avoid a head on collision. She ended up rolling the truck twice and the other driver took off from the scene. She was brought to ER and thank God they only found she had a bad bump on her head and contusions and bruises. The Highway Patrol officer who investigated this accident did not cite my daughter. Thank God and Mopar the truck saved her and absorbed the impact. My daughter is a mess and she is so upset about wrecking Mommy's truck. The truck only had compulsory insurance so I expect to take a total loss on the insurance. I had it towed back to my house and am awaiting the insurance to determine what they will do or not do. I would like to try to see if anyone out here needs any 318 parts or usable Durango parts to offset the loss. I just saved the money to buy this truck eight weeks ago and my wife only drove it maybe seven times before she got sick and has not been able to drive. If anyone out here is interested in parts please let me know. The truck ran great and has a nice engine and drivetrain which were not affected by the accident. Here is picture of the truck after the rollover

Attachments

• 969263_10201869516053049_1656557363_n.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 366
Wow, glad your daughter is ok. They make vehicles every day, not daughters! Glad she is still here with us today!

Yea, I could use some parts, stand by, the wife's and daughters Durango's need a few things so I have to make a list. Those fog lamps are for starters!

Let me know. I need to start another "Truck Fund" for my wife.This time it will take longer to get her another vehicle.

Holey freekin Moley. Hope she is OK. On a side note, I just bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=390703768764

This is a dashcam with a built-in lens and a remote lens. You mount the camera in front, it gives you a 120 degree wide angle, and you have a long cable for the remote lens, so you can mount it typically typically pointing to the rear out the back window.

glad she is ok, the Durango don't look too bad for rolling twice, good thing she was in it instead of a econo box.

Glad to hear your daughter is alright. Can't replace people like you can vehicles.........

its all about perspective

loosing the truck is a small hit to take in order to save the girl

Tom, I am glad to hear that your daughter was not seriously hurt. Cars come and go so while it is another financial setback you will overcome it. Prayers headed your way.

Maybe posting up some additional information on the Durango will attract some additional buyers.

Glad to hear she's ok. Looks like she took quite the ride. She certainly won't forget how that happened. It will make her a better driver in the future.

My dad needs a blower motor. His is an 00-01 gen 1 with 4.7 auto. Pm me a shipped price to 74469

Thankful your Kid is ok!

My Brother and his wife we rolled, when pulling a trailer. A semi truck and trailer passed them and the air from the the combo picked the trailer off the ground, adn rolled them, The Durango abosorbed every bit it. My brother and his wife, were the only people the State Troppers seen not taken in an ambulance from this particular loacation. If anyone ahs ever crossed Snoqualime pass, Hyak is a bad place in the rain and spray.

glad your daughter is ok and that's what matters...Durango's are all over the place..looks like it is a good vehicle to roll if you got to pick one..push the roof back in shape and install new glass and drive it I did that with a Isuzu trooper once..my wife wouldn't drive one in that shape though and yours propably wouldn't either good luck

What really saved your daughter's life was you and your wife. This is where she learned to ALWAYS ware a seat belt. She also paid attention in class during the how to avoid a head on section. Don't get me wrong, help from upstairs and a great car never hurts. I spent 12 years(part time) on an Ambulance and taught defensive driving for about the same. You all will have a special Thanksgiving this year.

sorry to hear your have other troubles to worry about besides your wife's health. Just be thankful it wasn't far worse. Your daughter was lucky and vehicles can be replaced. Prayers continuing to come your way, Joe

Thanks Everyone for the well wishes and Prayers. The insurance company will not cover the truck. I do however need to await the adjuster to come take pictures. After this I will begin the process to try to part out whatever I can. I'll take pictures of the truck once the rain stops an I can get better pictures. The truck is in my driveway. Thank God for your children. They can be taken from you in a second. God Bless everyone out here in FABO and have a blessed Thanksgiving. I will eventually save up enough to replace the truck.

-
Back