dog just passed away

-
also kinda thinking on a small dog like a jack russel or a chewawa but iv found the smaller dogs are harder to find an all around kind/smart dog I liked the last German Shepard mix I had he was the most intelligent brute iv had. I love how durrable he was he got hit by a few cars in his day (he was the shop dog and at night he would break out and sleep in the middle of the street)

Unless you have the patience of a saint, or just don't get annoyed easily, I'd stay away from a Jack Russel. They are H-Y-P-E-R-A-C-T-I-V-E! Worst than a speed freak enjoying a good blast.. And Chiuaua are just as annoying. The Shep, as you mentioned, is one of the more intelligent (and trainable...) breeds out there.

My Wife and I have already decided that the next one (in the distant future I hope....) will be a Shepard. Good luck with your decision!

My shepard\boxer mix is the most loyal, trusting gentile dog I have ever had. I would trust him around kids of all ages and his bark\size is enough to deter any would be bad guys from messing around
Heres one from last christmas:

DSCF0275.jpg

also kinda thinking on a small dog like a jack russel or a chewawa but iv found the smaller dogs are harded to find an all around kind/smart dog I liked the last german shepard mix I had he was the most inteligent brute iv had. I love how durrable he was he got hit by a few cars in his day (he was the shop dog and at night he would break out and sleep in the middle of the street)

My son was a lonely only child with asthma.
I fought it and we never got a Chihuahua for him despite his mother’s recommendation.
She had them as a child and knew what good dogs the COULD be.
I regret it.
We have two now and I would recommend them as great companions.
They are paper-trained, rarely go out and are low maintenance.
The only caveat is that they aren’t good for small children as they are like fine china when handled. They don’t take abuse and require gentleness.
If you do decide to get one, be sure and socialize it.
Let everyone you know hold the dog as a puppy.
And they will be good to anyone, even strangers.
Seeing the parent’s temperament is a good thing.
They make good little alarm dogs.
I carry the white one around in my shirt.
Its job is to alert me.
I’ll take care of the business.
Don’t need a big dog for that.
But if you train them early they can even help move cross ties around.

P1010001 (Small).JPG

P1010126 (Small).JPG

I think your next dog should be what is proven to be the smartest breed of dog on the planet. The BORDER COLLIE!!!!!!!!! You could train one to hand you your tools while you are working on your Mopar. Hell, I bet you could even teach one to start your car for you!!!!!!!!! Here are our two BC's. As you can tell, I love my dogs. :toothy7:

ljs3.jpg

ljs4.jpg

tucker_treat.jpg

thasright.jpg

I am glad to here you are getting a nother four leggier friend !!
I have a friend here in Arkansas that lost his dog to the hwy and
took good care of him for many years.
Know he said he will never have another!!
I have tried to talk him into getting another, But he still said NO!!!.
it has been two years now and he has turned into a bitter old fart.
Glad to here you are going to fill the spot in your life.
that needs to be filled dartcustom:toothy7:

This little girl boogie is a Maltese that my son got for a girl friend That I ended up paying for and the girls parent sent her back to me.
She is a great little friend and then my best friend Socket!!
He was leash trained by me and love's going for the walks that I take.
The mother of socket was a shepherd and was the runt of the bunch.
Know he live on the hill where he was born with me for his hole life 5 years.
Keep us updated dartcustom.:):angel10:

home 0078.jpg

socet  with c.c 40 oz 008resize 5.jpg

I just got Michelle and the kids a dog but he quickly has become mine.

Seems like it happens that way don't it AdamR.

I knew I was going to get stuck feeding, walking and training him so I figured I may as well enjoy my new buddy. Now I have a hound dog and a truck. Just need a shot gun.

Here is one for ya!! a 1907 H&R, I call Henrey.
He is an old guy, with a 33" Barrel.
I have only shot it 4 time's in the last 15 years when I found him.
Number 7 bird shot. Take a close look at it and you can see it's a right handed gun.

Then you would be a good old hill billy:toothy7:

oldgun 0011.jpg

oldgun 0033.jpg

It stays hung up over my closet.:toothy5: ready:glasses2:

Two of my fiends have a basset hound and they are great.

Sorry for the loss of Houch,
Here is a pic of our baby Jessie doing some Christmas shopping.She is the love of our life,and loves all.Dont even want to think about life without her.

Again sorry for the loss of Houch.Hopefully a new pup will bring some comfort.

Take care

Picture 469.jpg

also kinda thinking on a small dog like a jack russel or a chewawa but iv found the smaller dogs are harded to find an all around kind/smart dog I liked the last german shepard mix I had he was the most inteligent brute iv had. I love how durrable he was he got hit by a few cars in his day (he was the shop dog and at night he would break out and sleep in the middle of the street)

Sorry to hear of the loose of your family member, been there a few times. If I could recommend a smaller dog that's great with kids and easy to train I'd go with a Sheltie (Shetland sheep dog). We're on our second one, they're great with family, easy to train, just want to please you and scarey smart. Sometimes I think ours, Sam, can read my mind and he thinks he's a retriever. Oh by the any Jack Russel I've been around are a ball of laughs but are like they're on speed balls all the time.

Terry

P5190029 (Custom).JPG

sorry about your buddy we had to put our little buddy down in Sept.
he was 18. my wife had him before we met. i felt really bad for her.
i didn't spare to many tears either. you get quite attached to them.

Sorry to hear! Very sad times when a pet is considered very close family and they pass. Had to put our dog down as well. He ended up a diabetic along with cushings disease.

s550532141_344621_3083.jpg

I do like the chewawa's but the only thing I dont have anymore is time W/ houch we had all the time in the world to teach him new stuff. Now a days I'd rather get something that is a ball of joy right out of the box. I'v never had a jack russel before but a good freind had one it was a ball of energy. bouncing off everything. I really liked houch he was a good dog all the way around he only bit one person his hole life, that was a guy that broke into our house (houch was a shop dog but that night we broght him home to give him a bath, verry luckey we did that night) with a gun houch almost tore the guys arm off and he got shot once and when I ran in the room he was still swinging off the guys arm, never evin hert him he did have a limp for a day or 2 after the surgry to get the bullit out. Good thing was durring the SOB's trial we were stuned the judge was a dog lover and give the guy an atemped murder charge for shooting the dog he got 9 years just for that charge alone. That dog was tough he never let anything hurt him. Up untill the very end.

dartcustom:
Good on the judge! The creep got what he deserved.

Here's mine that i adopted. The 65 lb rottie mix is almost two years old and can be a handful. I would say "very experienced owners only". She's also the smartest dog I've ever had, a little too smart really. Note the look on her face. She feels as though she is the Queen and should be running the household, NOT! She needs to be reminded of her place in the pack almost daily.

Next up is my adopted GSD. She'll be turning 8 months next week and is about 80 pounds. She is truly a joy to train and doesn't need the correction that the rottie mix does. Both are good with our 8 year old daughter, but we never let the dogs and daughter play alone without supervision. Not so much that they would hurt our daughter, but if a neighbor came in the yard to say "hi" and so much as touched our daughter, they would be torn to ribbons.

A jack russel terrier will drive you nuts. I think the sheltie suggestion that Demonseed had would be great with a toddler.

Maxie1.JPG

Turbo1.JPG

you all have very nice looking dogs it makes me want to run out now and get another. Also I wasint going to post it but iv also been thinking about getting a pitbull but it is so hard to find one that has an all around good temperment. they can be had but it takes so long and so much time going place to place to find a good one I still am thinking strongly of a german mix. I think with us having a kid is stongly swaying me from one side to another. But I think the german mix will prolly be the safest overall

you all have very nice looking dogs it makes me want to run out now and get another. Also I wasint going to post it but iv also been thinking about getting a pitbull but it is so hard to find one that has an all around good temperment. they can be had but it takes so long and so much time going place to place to find a good one I still am thinking strongly of a german mix. I think with us having a kid is stongly swaying me from one side to another. But I think the german mix will prolly be the safest overall
Thanks for the compliment! We only feed them Nutro dry food. They love it and their coats show the quality of the food. It's not cheap though :blah5:.

I agree, a GSD mix is your best bet with kids. Good protectors and camp/shop dogs too.

Pets are part of the family and losing one is always tough on the heart. My condolences to you and your family.

Thanks for the compliment! We only feed them Nutro dry food. They love it and their coats show the quality of the food. It's not cheap though :blah5:.

I agree, a GSD mix is your best bet with kids. Good protectors and camp/shop dogs too.

I totally agree with feeding only the best food I also am a lover of african cichlids & I only feed them spectrum it is like $8.99 compared to the cheep stuff that is $2.99 for the same size. But it definatly shows in the color they produce and the quality of their look. That is why my stonii's are so colorfull and I cant get my fish friends to understand.

Pets are part of the family and losing one is always tough on the heart. My condolences to you and your family.

I'm just glad my son wasint another year older or he prolly would have been alot more upset. Me and my wife were really torn up when he passed but she is over it by now, and im rounding the back stretch so I think by next weekend I might be O.K. to be dogie shopping. but you are right only time can heal this type of wound. And talking about it on hear really helps to. It is easyer when the people you are talking to about things of this matter can't see you crying like a baby. ("stands up with a manly tone and hits his chest")

I was going to suggest a APBT (American Pitbull Terrior).They are wonderful dogs,and dont deserve the reputation they have been branded with.In the 40's and 50's they were the American dog,in many,many,households.They were never breed to be mean towards people.Never.They love children (remember Pete?)and cant get enough of them.I have young nephew's and niece's,and would trust Jessie with them over any dog.

If you get one I would suggest getting a puppie.I would also suggest getting a little girl.They are alot easier to control then a Big Boy.

Here is our Jessie cuddled up with her best friend Hercules the Great One.

Picture 097.jpg

-
Back