Dollar General. True story I think. Lol

-
We have a family dollar store here as well. Everything is $1. Well it was. Now everything is $1.50! LMAO
Sounds like Dollar Tree. Bucha a Chuna junk. But for some household Soap, Bleach, paper towels, and other stuff? Ive even got liquid plumber there. They have some Good USA stuff. Ya gotta read the labels...and there has been more than a few times when 10 bucks there made things...

I get my Mountain Dew at Dollar General.

It's 3 six packs of 20 ounce for $9, sometimes 4 six packs for $10 !!

Can't beat for that.

I get my Mountain Dew at Dollar General.

It's 3 six packs of 20 ounce for $9, sometimes 4 six packs for $10 !!

Can't beat for that.
Used to drink that with Canadian Club. Been wasted on that a few times. Went skinny dipping in Lake Ontario at midnight one Sept. Talk about major shrinkage

Sometimes my current preferred Bush beer is $9 for 18.

Hard to beat 50 cents a beer.

Dollar Tree used to be all items were $1. Now it's $1.25.
(Remember the mall store called "Everything's a Dollar"?)

I get my USB-C cables there. hard to beat $1 or $1.25.
Buy 5 and expect one to crap out in a few months (but none actually have) and it's still better than Dollar General at $5 or WM @ $7.

That sketch is somewhat accurate. About five years ago I don't think there was a Dollar General in the entire state of ND. Now they are popping up everywhere. I mean everywhere. There is one in a town of less than 600 people! There are two that are less than 10 minutes driving time from me. Do I patronize them? At 9:30 at night and you're out of milk, I have a choice between what used to be a 7-11 and Dollar General. Hmn. I think DG wins this one.

we have .99 only (hardly) and Dollar tree. Wife found a Family Dollar that seemed to be a larger format Dollar tree with some items over 1.25. Found some heart shaped marshmallows for school but it was 6 miles away. The .99 is out of control. Its hard to find anything in there for .99 anymore...Energy drink: "great value @ 1.99!" Uh no. Dollar tree still has them for 1.25. we have 2 .99s within 1/2 mile each way and I have yet to find a USB-C cable at .99 for .99 but they have 400 old I-phone cases.....they occasionally have weird beers there, cheap enough to try it. 6 packs of San Miguel 11 oz cans, cheap bastards...brewed in HONG KONG?

I live in a town with a population of 1700 and there are three Dollar General's and a Family Dollar....

:D

1811B49D-CBBA-4CE6-BDCB-9BB481902C60.jpeg

and to think the first Dollar Store was from a tiny town in KY, Springfield. That is my Mom's home town.

I go into our Dollar Tree 4-5 times a year max mostly for Awesome spray cleaner. That stuff is citrus based and removes those hard to remove “black streaks” from your motorhome or car trailer better than anything on the market. It removes wax so keep that in mind. I’m probably in Dollar General about the same for some snakes, pet food, etc. it’s nice for a quick grab and out in five minutes or less. Ohhhh my sister gets all of her Cards for every occasion at Dollar Tree and said they are way cheaper than Walmart.

We have a Dollarama in town mostly filled with junk, I get things like pop, puzzle books, pencils, pens, cards, crap like that. One time use stuff. Something like tools at Princess Auto good if you only need it once but that’s about it.

DG, in general, for the most part, sells crap.

The ones near us have a lot of name brand stuff.

Most of their "crap" is in the hardware and kitchen supply areas.

They are one of the few places I can find size 13 socks. Hanes brand.

We have a Dollarama in town mostly filled with junk, I get things like pop, puzzle books, pencils, pens, cards, crap like that. One time use stuff. Something like tools at Princess Auto good if you only need it once but that’s about it.
But Princess Auto will replace anything whether you have the receipt of not. They have all your sales on the computer under your phone number. I've never had them yet refuse to replace anything.

The ones near us have a lot of name brand stuff.

Most of their "crap" is in the hardware and kitchen supply areas.

They are one of the few places I can find size 13 socks. Hanes brand.
Might be seconds but who cares.

-
Back