Donating a Car!

-

skokz

Reaction score
Has anyone here every donated a car to a charity or even a church.
Some of you might have seen my post about trying to drive from arizona to north carolina. The car broke down in texas.

My questions is i never got title transfer to my name its filled out. I don't have the extra money to get the title put n my name. Will that cause a issue with donating it?

Anybody know a good charity that takes older cars.

I do remember the topic of your car. Now give me some more detail on the paper work. You do have a title but it's not in your name? Was it signed by the previous owner? Where in Texas did you break down? Not sure i remember the car in question. Clue me in. Not sure a charity would be interested in a broke down car unless they were going to sell it off as scrap. Give me some info. I'll try and help. PM me if needed.
Small Block

Hey Bill,if I recall it,s a 74 Eldorado,had a fuel issue.Guess he(skokz) never had time to get er going again.He drove it there.

i think that as long as the back is signed by previous owner, then it will be ok, but if you signed your name on it also, then i do not think it will work. but if it is a eldo, then the best case is to put it out of its misery, and still recoup a few bucks as scrap.lol

Hey Bill,if I recall it,s a 74 Eldorado,had a fuel issue.Guess he(skokz) never had time to get er going again.He drove it there.
The car is a 73 Oldsmobile Toronado it similar to the Eldorado. Yes it is fuel issue. I was not able to get it going becuase I didn't have the money or help to fix on the side of the highway in texas. I left car in texas and flew back to north carolina.

i think that as long as the back is signed by previous owner, then it will be ok, but if you signed your name on it also, then i do not think it will work. but if it is a eldo, then the best case is to put it out of its misery, and still recoup a few bucks as scrap.lol

I would hate to see this car get scrapped these things are even harder than our beloved a-bodies to get parts for so people can use the car or parts from it.

How long ago did you leave it?? If it's beside the highway it's probably been towed already..

It was at a rest area. I had it towed to a gas station. I asked owner of gas station if it would be ok to sit behind business since there was two other cars already sitting their. He was ok with it. But all this happened back on the 23rd of June. I don't know heck car might not even be there anymore.

Im just to point now, I just be happy for it go to someone that can use it.
Or donate it to a charity and not have it just sit behind a building forgotten about forever or until it disappears. I have no way to check and see if she is in texas sitting there still.
Things happen for a reason.

Man that's a bummer... If the gas station guy doesn't bring up "storage", someone might be able to get it...

-
Back