Doomed.....

-
I had a guy ask for money for food. I just went to the store and had a bag of food. I asked if he wanted a couple of the items, and he no, he didn't like those foods.But prefered money.Must not have been very hungry
Another time, a family was standing outside Home Depot. With need food sign, so we went and bought a couple bags of food (they had little kids with them) so we take it to them, they open the side door of there mini van, and there is like 20 bags of groceries.
Man, with the new law in Spokane, I don't know where I am going to get my race money now!

Ernie used to see a homeless woman with a dog when she was going to work. She left an hour early one day and took her to lunch. She was one of those folks that just fell on hard times. Once or twice a week Ernie would stop at Jack in the Box and bring her some food. We would give her a small bag of dog food every week. One day she was gone, always wondered what happened to her & the pooch. Used to be homeless camp in the field across the road form the Post Office I worked at. Once a day I would go out and get the mail from the collection box. One of them would often come over and smack the side of the collection box with his cane. Enough of us complained about him that our boss ended up calling the city. They removed all the shrubs and bushes that they "lived" in and they moved on. When my buddy had his trans shop in downtown Mesa there was this homeless guy that used to preach to everyone. Went to go to lunch with Doug one day and the guy was out there humping a fire hydrant, still preaching....Never seen him after that...

Forgot about the one that hit me up in Walgreens a couple of years ago. Was sitting in the parking lot waiting for Ernie to come out. Woman came up and gave me the sob story that she was on her way back to the coast and ran out of gas..Opened my wallet and gave her a the singles I had it was 6 or 7 bucks. She said to me that she was going to give me the singles back....in exchange for one of the 20's. Took the singles and told her to go f**k off, she was not going to get anything from me...

Wow! I guess you don't realize what all you miss livin in a small town!! Yes we have the brats but the only times ppl are asking for money is occasionally there's a fire depo fundraiser or a fundraiser for one of the local schools teams or something! I've only been asked once for financial help here and that was buy an older couple who needed gas so I told em to pull up to the pump and I out $20 gas in their van.

Traveling home from Missouri a few months ago we'd stopped to get gas and a gypsy girl came over with a gas can and sweetly asked my wife "excuse me miss, could you please spare a few dollars for gas?" So my wife filled her small 2-3 gallon jug up and away she went to there van.

I don't mind helping ppl but if someone asks for money for food I'll buy em some food, not dish out money.

I don't mind helping ppl but if someone asks for money for food I'll buy em some food, not dish out money.

That is the best way, more then likely they are going to buy drugs or booze,or if it's me, race fuel...LOL
Seriously, bless your heart for helping those that are down and out.

I carry a used .45 bullet thats filled with sand and a new hollow point on the end. Everytime someone asks me for change, I pull that bullet and $.27 ( 3 nickels, 1 dime, and 2 pennies) out of the same pocket. One look at that bullet and they're gone before I can say "you forgot your change!" :twisted:

Thats a goodun.

We usually get Indigenious types asking for money or a smoke, or even a light with the smoke......and 9 times out of 10, they are drunk when they are asking.
If your staying in the area for more than 15 minutes, and you've upset the guy asking, he'll be back with about 10 to 20 mates/relatives to roll ya.....they are absolutely guttless on their own.

Sis came to visit last weekend, so I took her out to eat. She like Mexican, so I took her to a new one, we hadn't tried yet. Hostess seated us, in one of the portioned off rooms, with a family, containing 4 bratty kids. Acted up the whole time we were there. Why in the world, would you seat 2 people in their 60's in that environment. Don't get me wrong, we are both grandparents, and love kids. We do take our grandchildren out to eat on occasion, (2-6 yo) and they do not act that way. It's not allowed. Our dining experience was miserable, and I will not go back. By the way, the food was excellent.

My wife was pushed past her limit a couple months ago. After someone's screaming mutants (boy and girl, maybe nine or ten years old) kept pulling at her long hair (in her usual topknot, it reaches her waist), she was getting angrier and angrier. After about the tenth time and about six more-or-less polite requests to stop, she spun on the kids and SCREAMED at them, "KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!" Dad came over and started to ***** at her, at which point she said, "Lay a hand on me and I will put you in the hospital." From his reaction, he believed her! (She was dead serious.)

Some of the sob stories can be fun.

Had a kid come up to me at a gas station while I was in Florida. Claimed he was in church when he got a phone call saying his mother had been arrested. Nice touch, Choir Boy.

After saying how hungry he was it was a fun set-up. I was with my cousin, Chris. Chris is a recovering addict and dealer who had run the streets. So I had the kid repeat his story, complete with fake sniffling like he'd been crying.

I offered to buy the kid some food and handed Chris a five and told him to take the kid in and get a sandwich. Suddenly I heard "WELL, THEN F*** YOU!" from around the corner of the store with Chris coming stomping back. The kid started mouthing to him about how we didn't "trust a b**** with a dollar."

And Chris fell for it! I could barely drive, I was laughing so hard.

They're easy to spot, but it's amazing how many people fall for the s***. I would sit at the smoke shack at Strong Memorial while Sarah was in a coma and have the seekers come up to me. First thing they'd ask for is to bum a smoke and a light. If you gave in to 'em, they'd sit and start complaining about how they'd been in the ER all day and how no one had seen them, how they were really hurting from *insert fake illness here*

I'd come back out in a few hours and said seeker would have a crowd of people around them, listening to the bull**** and falling for it.

Really do enjoy living out in the sticks......only time I have to deal with this stuff is on my trips to town....which luckily we have managed to get it down to just twice a week normally. I will hand out some funds every now & then. Last one was I saw a younger fellow with the I am a Disabled Vet...sign. He had a pooch with him....ran into Petsmart just up the road form him and bought him a bag of dog food. Bought tears to his eyes.

Used to leave the Post Office at 12:30 at night. Did my best to not have to stop for fuel anywhere near the PO as there was a lot of troubled folks near there. Had no choice but to stop at the station on the corner by the PO one night. I purposely never carry cash on me. Was at the pump filling the bike up and get approached for fuel money. No other vehicle in the lot but mine....and he did not have a gas can. I offered to fill up the 5 gallon can that the station had sitting by the front door. Guy came unglued. Started calling me every thing he could thing of....me laughing just added fuel to the fire. I was in the process of putting my gloves on so I could leave and the Phoenix police showed up. Guy tried to run but did not get to far. Guess the attendant called. Police asked if I wanted to press charges, just wanted to go home....after 12 hours in the PO last thing I wanted was to get hung up some where. They cuffed him and after tossing him in the back of the car they asked for my info..just in case. Turns out the guy had several warrant on him...various different drug charges...Amazed at folks stupidity...

The level of degradation of society is equivalent to the tolerance of the people, and politicians. The cops are at the mercy of the laws. They cannot clean up the streets any faster than the law allows.

If kill squads were legal there would be no more vermin infesting our fair nation.

"the interest is up and the stock market's down and you'll only get mugged if you go down town" Hank Jr.

Yep. Who makes the decisions? Maybe they'll take out me and or lots of others. Since we are talking hypothetical, I am putting my brain into a transformer that turns into a F22 and going freelance.

With ultimate power comes ultimate corruption.. or something like that.

The trick of that is, who controls the "kill squads" might consider you the vermin.

I saw the most inapropriat help wante sign yesterday! Remember i live in centrural pa and in harrisburg there is an asian mall with a few stores. After living in hi for 12 yrs there are products we use and cannot find anywhere else. It is mostly vietnamese in the mall and they have a "post it" board 98% of the ads in vietnamese except one in english which read "help wanted asian only" why in english should have been in whatever language they wanted to hire? Of course i did not have anything to take a picture with.

We have a guy that stands at an interstate off ramp. Supposedly he panhandles here during spring, summer and fall and lives under the overpass, then goes to North Dakota to live with family during the winter. I always want to offer him a ride just to see how he weasles out of it.
I have been to a local truck stop and have had people give me some sob story that they are traveling and ran out of money, and would I give them some money, they would go from pump to pump begging, then get into their minivan and go over the rest area on the other side of the interstate. I am always tempted to tell them I can contact the sheriff who can get them into contact with organizations to help them.
I knew a guy that had an empty lot and caught some bums going through his dumpster, grabbed the one guys "will work for food" sign and said clean up the lot and I will pay you $7 an hour (same as he would pay a kid). Bums said screw you so he kept the sign and hung it up in his shop.

-
Back