Door glass channel runs

-
Not the same stuff!
They are molded. I just picked mine up today. I was shocked to see that they were made in Germany on 6/13/11 12:57. They are exactly like the ones that were on there too. Not gray but the original black.

Ok... I see now... much better picture. I know exactly what you are talking about now. I helped a fellow member find these last year. Now I cant remember where I told him go now. I need to start writing stuff down.

Ahh, ok.
I got them on the glass with the retainers/guides. Slid it into the vent window frame and it is toooooo tight and hard to slide. Did you use some powder graphite or something to make it slide easier?? Looks like it is rubbing the felt off near the bottom!

We spray stubborn window guides with

http://www.omahawh.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=CPI 11101

This stuff works!!!

It doesn't contain stuff that will mark up the glass.

Next option is 3M multi purpose spray oil..... never use Wd-40

Guys,
Its actually the felt runs that are real tight in the channel. The glass is hard to push up and down in the channel of the vent glass frame. I don't think its a good idea to oil the felts is it??

humm, is it all mounted in? I would lightly lube in the channel track
No, but I had someone holding the frame while I installed the glass before it all goes into the door. I removed the glass to check and it rubbed the felt off the bottom. It should be alot smoother imo. Thats why I asked if I should use some powder graphite. I suppose I could use some lithium grease instead. I am gonna run a round wire brush through the channel to see if that helps.

Something doesn't sound right if it is rubbing the felt off. They shouldn't be that tight. Its hard trying to help over the net.

Something doesn't sound right if it is rubbing the felt off. They shouldn't be that tight. Its hard trying to help over the net.
Thats why I pulled it back apart. I am gonna run a small round wire brush through the track to see if that will help. There is a small spot of rust inside the track where it meets the top of the door. This could be the issue but where the felt rubbed off isn't close.

Got it! Smooth as silk! The little bit of rust in the channel must have been the culprit.

Thanks folks!!

Im glad you got it! I believe I will need to get those one day. Mine are on their last legs and Im going to have to remove the passenger door glass because the one I have in the car has a bad scratch. I just got a good used door glass to replace the scratched one. The fuzzy might not make it when I take it apart.

Im glad you got it! I believe I will need to get those one day. Mine are on their last legs and Im going to have to remove the passenger door glass because the one I have in the car has a bad scratch. I just got a good used door glass to replace the scratched one. The fuzzy might not make it when I take it apart.

If I would have know that the site in this thread had the "Set" with retainers for $90 I would have went that route. I spent a few bucks less than $140 for these with no retainers. My retainers were ok fortunately.

I will need to look for a better set of vent glass frames in the future. These will do for now I guess.

Now I can't get the rear windows to move! Gonna tackle that tomorrow.

I have an extra driver side Fastback door glass (not tinted) with the pentastar that has few light scratches but the top edge near the front rubbed the roofrail trim due to a prior incorrect installation. The retainers were "ok" on that one.

Now I can't get the rear windows to move! Gonna tackle that tomorrow

lube the hell out of the back ones before doing anything to them. I twisted one of mine like a horseshoe.
do you have the service manual? it has a step by step to get the rear glass regulators adjusted and it works like a charm!

lube the hell out of the back ones before doing anything to them. I twisted one of mine like a horseshoe.
do you have the service manual? it has a step by step to get the rear glass regulators adjusted and it works like a charm!

That wasn't too bad. The rear guide that sweeps the glass forward was locked up. Lubed generously and works perfect.

on my car I had bits/splatter of stuff stuck to the channel, I cleaned the channel out with steel wool. Once the assembly was installed-- the windows worked great-- smooth tight operation.
Just like everything else inspect before installing part & proceed. Lawrence

sounds like i could part my mint 64,65,66 for a lot more than im asking for them

300.00 for doors or 80 a chanel and 75.00 a wing window 60.00 for regulators 30,00 a handle 25 for a locking mech and pin and 30 a set for hinges wow i got and still got a door interior skin window crank open latch and oh a real nice no dents or rust door pm me or get in line for when the rain hits this weekend and melts the sno off this thing or you could buy the doors and make a but load hate to tear such nice doors apart might even throw in a interior handle

Do these parts come in a body weatherstrip kit? If not i need these for my 67. Where is the the cheapest place to get them, do they come as a pair or as each seperate? I also want to replace the glass run plastic rub blocks. Do these come with the division post run felts, or are these seperate? Where can i get these cheap, how many do i need per window? I havent taken it apart yet.

Thanks
Matt

1 Do these parts come in a body weatherstrip kit - No

2 Where is the the cheapest place to get them -
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...=show_detail&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13627517795264

3 do they come as a pair or as each separate - Pair

4 I also want to replace the glass run plastic rub blocks. Do these come with the division post run felts, or are these separate? - they (4) are included with the glass run channels.

5 Where can i get these cheap, how many do i need per window? I havent taken it apart yet.
See above, the kit includes 2 felted slides and 4 window guides - enough to do one car.

Resurrecting an old thread but I need these glass channel runs and I tried the Year One link and it doesn't work. The JustMopar link Rocky provided comes up as the correct part but is listed as being for a 67-70 B-body. Looked for them on JustMopar's website in the A-body section but didn't find them. Are these the same as A-body's

-
Back