Double tab gas caps?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I have a few different styles/brands gas caps but non of them fit right. Two of them have offset double sets of locking tabs. What is correct for a '65 Barracuda? Thank you.

Yep, single set of tabs is correct, and the linked cap (made by Damraider, is his user name on here) is a terrific cap that actually fits.

Does he make them for later A bodies? '69? I put one on @Ddaddy 's '66 love it:thumbsup:
Tim, I had a forum member that was gonna send me his 69 cap but then I guess he decided not to because I never got it. If somebody wants to send me one I will reverse engineer it and send it back to them and then I will have them for the later models.
Dan, where do I send that check again ! LOL thanks for the kind words always.
Steve

Even on the single tab cap there are two different ones, shallow and deep, I think the earlier cars used the shallow one.

Alan

A-body gas caps don't interchange across the lines formed by these groups:

• '60-'66: Unvented cap. Single set of tabs on small-diameter/shallow hub

• '67-'70 (except '70 California): Unvented cap. Single set of tabs on slightly larger/deeper hub

• '70 California + early '71 50-state/Canada: Pressure-vacuum type cap, single set of tabs on larger hub

• Late '71-'76: Pressure-vacuum type cap, two sets of tabs on larger hub.

Find pressure-vacuum cap info in this article.

Last edited:
Tim, I had a forum member that was gonna send me his 69 cap but then I guess he decided not to because I never got it. If somebody wants to send me one I will reverse engineer it and send it back to them and then I will have them for the later models.
Dan, where do I send that check again ! LOL thanks for the kind words always.
Steve
I would but I only have the one on the car! What kind of turn around are you thinking?

I would but I only have the one on the car! What kind of turn around are you thinking?
I have a real nice painted to match cap, for my 69, till I dropped it!!!! Chipped the paint all to heck!!!

I would need it two days (since you need it back), so total time with shipping both ways would be a little over a week .

I made one for my 65 from one that had slightly larger tabs, I just ground them down to fit fine. pics somewhere. I dont have Original aplication..here:
cap1.JPG
cap2.JPG

-
Back