Here they are restored, with new nuts.
DSCF3154-1.jpg

DSCF3159-1.jpg

DSCF3156-1.jpg

DSCF3171-1.jpg

Front end now painted & ready to go in.

DSCF3187-1.jpg

DSCF3189-1.jpg

Before with the spray pack enamal black & after.

DSCF3196-1.jpg

DSCF3191-1.jpg

DSCF3192-1.jpg

nice wheels.
which type of paint do you use?

Inside of the rims is etched primed then an epoxy enamel in sky grey, the spokes are etched primed & then in gloss black.
Do not know if you can get White Knight brand in the States.
Any rims will need a good clean before appling paint.

Front end now fitted & waiting to go for a wheel Alignment.

DSCF3219.jpg

DSCF3220.jpg

DSCF3225.jpg

DSCF3226.jpg

You can see I have a gear box leak, looks like the selector shaft seal. Can these be replace with out removing the pan?

Master now fitted & brakes bleed. The problem now is with the handbrake not working due to the disc brake conversion.
The diff is out of a Aust Ford Falcon 1994 XR8 & the raito needs to be 1-1 for it to work.
It got new cables that are the same as the geniune Dart one so it has to be in the front cable or the leavers.

DSCF3143.jpg

[
DSCF3162.jpg

DSCF3160.jpg

This is a later model to what the diff came out of, this one is inderpenant rear end the model before hand is live axle.

2007_05160025.jpg

Well I managed to fix the handbrake or ebrake.
Front & rear bars are now clean & brackets painted ready to go back on.

DSCF3227.jpg

DSCF3228.jpg

Nice work. I just rebuilt the front end on my dart last summer. It is quite a job. Keep the progress coming.

Here is the under body finished off.

DSCF3230.jpg

DSCF3231.jpg

DSCF3232.jpg

DSCF3238.jpg

DSCF3236.jpg

DSCF3235.jpg

DSCF3239.jpg

The gear box leak is now fixed it was the pan seal & selector shaft. The box was in very good cond with only small adjustment to the bands requiered.
Off for wheel alingment, exhaust & rego next week :cheers:

Wheel alingment was a 4.5 hour affair as we had to adjust everthing from LHD to RHD. They had a brand new wheel alingment machine that was connected to the net & they down loaded the factory specs & then reversed them.
It was an early start so with no exhaust so next door got a rude shock.

DSCF3247.jpg

DSCF3248.jpg

DSCF3249.jpg

DSCF3250.jpg

First step was get the ride height right. So hers the result what do you think?

DSCF3251.jpg

DSCF3252.jpg

DSCF3253.jpg

Bloody nice Dart there mate.. Good to see another Aussie A Body owner on here.. I love the later model Darts... Great bodystyle...

Went for a run around the block with no exhaust & it sounded hot. Need to do the timing as I could here a bit of pinging going up the hill.
With the new front end , wheel alingment & brakes it handles quite well. Getting the exhaust done as a 2.5" twin with no balance pipe from the engine back.
Have also ordered from Summit a set of 4 into 1 headers with 3.5" collectors, after looking at the front end there is not a lot of room to fit them.
ANY HINTS ON THE BEST WAY TO INSTALL THEM?
It looks like an engine out job or drop the whole front end out.

Hi, I see you have koni's on the car.
Were they on it or did you fit them.
Koni don't list the usa A body but do list the Australian valiant and I would expect them to be the same.
Oh yeah, I'm another Dart owner but in Melbourne.
Thanks,
Grant.

Hi, I see you have koni's on the car.
Were they on it or did you fit them.
Koni don't list the usa A body but do list the Australian valiant and I would expect them to be the same.
Oh yeah, I'm another Dart owner but in Melbourne.
Thanks,
Grant.

Hi Grant
I will post the part numbers for you. I'm very imprest with the ride using the Konis, they are not the exturnal addjustable type.
What Dart have you got? Not many in Oz.

Hi, Part numbers would be great. Koni's are the best as far I'm concerned. Had them on just about every car I've owned.
I just bought a 1967 Dodge Dart GT convertible, I've got some pics at the bottom this thread.
Thanks,
Grant.

Went for a run around the block with no exhaust & it sounded hot. Need to do the timing as I could here a bit of pinging going up the hill.
With the new front end , wheel alingment & brakes it handles quite well. Getting the exhaust done as a 2.5" twin with no balance pipe from the engine back.
Have also ordered from Summit a set of 4 into 1 headers with 3.5" collectors, after looking at the front end there is not a lot of room to fit them.
ANY HINTS ON THE BEST WAY TO INSTALL THEM?
It looks like an engine out job or drop the whole front end out.

Mate, dont get those Summit headers.. I got a pair on my Duster and they are crap! They are pain in the *** to get in and hang real low.. The quality is piss poor. The flange material is extremely thin and they flex. Ive had an extractor leak for a year now on these headers and can't fix it..

Hi, Part numbers would be great. Koni's are the best as far I'm concerned. Had them on just about every car I've owned.
I just bought a 1967 Dodge Dart GT convertible, I've got some pics at the bottom this thread.
Thanks,
Grant.

Hi Grant
Top looking Dart you have, hard to find good ones in Oz. Konis are the same as a Valiant, here are a few shoots of them.

DSCF3391.jpg

DSCF3392.jpg

DSCF3395.jpg

Found an over heating problem. Top radiator hose was swelling up like a watermelon, the radiator core is good but the inside finns look blocked. So I wiped it out & sent it off for a clean. Found that the thermostat housing & thermostat was the one from 73 & still in good condistion.
DSCF3384.jpg

DSCF3385.jpg

DSCF3386.jpg

DSCF3388.jpg

DSCF3389.jpg

DSCF3387.jpg

Having a problem locating a top radiator hose in Oz. Have any fellow Ozzies any ideas on an Austrailan equevilant, it looks to be the same as CM ELB 318 with A/C.
Has anyone tried this?

Mate, dont get those Summit headers.. I got a pair on my Duster and they are crap! They are pain in the *** to get in and hang real low.. The quality is piss poor. The flange material is extremely thin and they flex. Ive had an extractor leak for a year now on these headers and can't fix it..

Thanks I will take your addvise on these headers.
A custom set made in Oz is between $1500.00-$2000.00, so even if I use these as a base.

Thanks I will take your addvise on these headers.
A custom set made in Oz is between $1500.00-$2000.00, so even if I use these as a base.

Dude, get yourself a set of Hooker's or Hedman's.. They are still extremely cheap from Summit and are 100 times better than the Summit headers... Get Mike Morris at Wholesale Dealer Centre to bring them in for you if you aint in a hurry...

Drop me an email at: [email protected] if you need any further info...

Found top radiator hose is equivelant to 1980 Valiant 318 with A/C here in Oz. Bottom hose is.................1966 Ford Falcon here in Austraila.
Getting the radiator re-cored but this time it will be 3 row.

-
Back