Drag Race Torsion Bars

-

chillent

Reaction score
Is anyone making new Drag Race Torsion Bars besides Firm Feel? They want $700 for a set which seems crazy, but maybe they're the only game in town?

6 cylinder torsion bars have always worked well for drag racing. Naturally, lower mileage and rust free units are preferred. Modern suspension technology has also reduced the need for fastest weight transfer and greatest suspension separation.

Most of the old /6 bars are usually bent/bowed due to their small diameter. I have several nice /6 pairs and all are bowed. That's why I was looking for new.

Can I ask why you think you need new torsion bars. My sons stock frontend (90-10 shocks) has been 10.11@3200 pounds with the stock crap. 10 inch radial tire. I’m betting it still has a lot left in it.

I went with the next step up, the .880 bar from firm feel but my car is a street car. If I was racing I would use the small slant six bar, take it to bare metal, file/sand any imperfections, paint and send it.

Can I ask why you think you need new torsion bars. My sons stock frontend (90-10 shocks) has been 10.11@3200 pounds with the stock crap. 10 inch radial tire. I’m betting it still has a lot left in it.

Couldnt agree more. I have never used anything other than stock tbars on anything I have ever had, including stuff running 9’s.

-
Back