Drag Truck Part 2 "blackmark redemption"

-
Screenshot_20200318-064856.png

:thumbsup:.,.. actually I'd like to do some more cutting out of my car as well...

thought you were trying to get your car more street and user friendly?? Thought you removed the cage, lexan windows, etc etc.....
Taking out weight were it's not needed doesn't hurt anything... it's supposed to be a triple threat car... Street, strip, show...

Most people probably know this, but you need to make sure your new master cyl has the groove for the rubber retaining ring. Also. I had to shorten the pushrod as the pedal was too high. 318WR has this covered with his adjustable pushrod.
power boosters are generally really light. I want manual brakes just to save room under the hood and eliminate a vacuum hose.
Do you have a certain year master cylinder that has the groove? Which one did you use?

power boosters are generally really light. I want manual brakes just to save room under the hood and eliminate a vacuum hose.
Do you have a certain year master cylinder that has the groove? Which one did you use?

I actually think some 1980 trucks came with the aluminum master cyl. I know Brian's is for an early eighties truck. I think I have an old one in the shop, if I do I can give you the # to cross reference.

Last edited:
I really do not know on the steering box, but I would assume you are right.
I ordered one of those lower shafts. I measured mine and it's about 18" with power and I'll need about 23 inches with the manual box. And yes, I believe my master cylinder is aluminum.

Man! That little piece of paper really bugs you doesn't it?
Trust me, it's killing him. It kills him to think I danced his song 25 years ago and it has him on ropes.... so I'll let him play with the ropes till he hangs himself ... LOL

Man! That little piece of paper really bugs you doesn't it?
Trust me, it's killing him. It kills him to think I danced his song 25 years ago and it has him on ropes.... so I'll let him play with the ropes till he hangs himself ... LOL
Trust me he dances around that 12 second time slip like it's gold LOL what's killing him is in 35 years of hot rodding cars he still doesn't have an a body Mopar time slip as quick as mine LOL...:D...
giphy (4).gif

:lol:...

you said "FACT" I've never done 12's, when I post a slip you have more facts.... LOL Fake News more like it :D Remember, this isn't about You vs Me. Never was...
OK, BACK TO THE DRAG TRUCK!!!
:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

you said "FACT" I've never done 12's, when I post a slip you have more facts.... LOL Fake News more like it :D Remember, this isn't about You vs Me. Never was...
OK, BACK TO THE DRAG TRUCK!!!
:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:
Do your research, quote me where I said it was a fact you didn't have a 12 second time slip or stop making stuff up.. no this is about your non-truths, alluding to stuff that never happened...(better than 12)...
And besides that your 12 second time slip was about to cheesiest attempt to post a time slip I've ever seen..

Okay let's elude people to believe something else and then just move on to the truck to change the subject...

Okay keeping with the truck.. if you paid $45 for that shaft that's half the expense for your Harbor Freight welder... I would have cut my shaft in two, got a 15 inch sleeve and put five inches at either end of it. Then I would have drilled it and pinned it and then also welded it...

Do your research, quote me where I said it was a fact you didn't have a 12 second time slip or stop making stuff up.. no this is about your non-truths, alluding to stuff that never happened...(better than 12)...
And besides that your 12 second time slip was about to cheesiest attempt to post a time slip I've ever seen..
How many times have you stated "ET slip or it never happened... you'd post it if you had it.... blah blah". I will share this one FACT, and this doesn't include paint, rims, or any cosmetics. It cost you 4 times as much on a engine to go the same ET as me. If I spend 1500, you need to spend 6000 to run with me. That IS a fact :D
Now, for the 3rd Time, Back to the DRaG TRucK :)

Okay keeping with the truck.. if you paid $45 for that shaft that's half the expense for your Harbor Freight welder... I would have cut my shaft in two, got a 15 inch sleeve and put five inches at either end of it. Then I would have drilled it and pinned it and then also welded it...
this is steering we are talking about. Not a motor mount.

How many times have you stated "ET slip or it never happened... you'd post it if you had it.... blah blah". I will share this one FACT, and this doesn't include paint, rims, or any cosmetics. It cost you 4 times as much on a engine to go the same ET as me. If I spend 1500, you need to spend 6000 to run with me. That IS a fact :D
Now, for the 3rd Time, Back to the DRaG TRucK :)
I don't care if it takes a million times you're not going to get the last word on this by saying back to the truck....
You say about spending all this money but how much have you spent on all the different cars and trucks and vans? All the different small block and big block aluminum heads and small block cast iron heads LOL... We're talking about drag racing here correct? You know where Time Slips rule... I by no means have the fastest but it's faster than yours or anyone you can come up with especially in an a body not your best buddies Chevy...:D...

this is steering we are talking about. Not a motor mount.
that's why I said I would pin it as in drill all the way through both of them on both ends put a bolt or something through it and then weld them at both ends as well with a tight-fitting sleeve..

I don't care if it takes a million times you're not going to get the last word on this by saying back to the truck....
You say about spending all this money but how much have you spent on all the different cars and trucks and vans? All the different small block and big block aluminum heads and small block cast iron heads LOL... We're talking about drag racing here correct? You know where Time Slips rule... I by no means have the fastest but it's faster than yours or anyone you can come up with especially in an a body not your best buddies Chevy...:D...
How about my brothers Nova, it runs 8.90's ??? Do brothers count?? My nieces Camaro, it runs 9.90s... do Nieces count??? LOL

that's why I said I would pin it as in drill all the way through both of them on both ends put a bolt or something through it and then weld them at both ends as well with a tight-fitting sleeve..
I would long trust my drilling and welding before some offshore made knuckle that I see in that picture...

-
Back